Translator required....

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

jezzer
Rob Kearney

Translator required....

Post by jezzer »

Just been trawling through the Toulouse forum with my very shabby grasp of French and came across this topic. Not 100% sure of the gist, but seems as though our man Mr Dawson was reported on french telly as trying to negotiate a change of date to Sunday, (and not sure of the next bit...) was worried about possible issues between us and French fans.(????!!!!)

Anyone shed a bit more light on this from the text below? The fact that the guy who posted it thinks we're English doesn't help the accuracy of his claim! If it's true, it's a pretty strange one...

"dans l'emission : "va y avoir du sport" sur france 4, ils ont déclarés que le président de Leinster, avait contacter la fédé au sujet du 1/4 de final, devant se disputer face au stade toulousain, chez eux, pour demander un repport de match la veille ou le lendemain, car ayant appris l'humour des français et les gags les accompagnants, (le match étant prévu initialement, le 1 er avril), il ne se sentais pas en confiance face à la fougue et à la pseudo indiscipline des français! aussi, a-t-il ajouté, il vaut mieux déplacer le match d'une journée que de risquer une confrontation de supporters, uburlesque mais pour qui se prennent-ils ces anglais"
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

in the emission: "y will have sport" on France 4, they declared that president de Leinster, had to contact fédé about the 1/4 of final, in front of disputing vis-a-vis at the Toulouse stage, on their premises, to require a repport match the day before or the following day, because having learned the humour of French and the gags accompanying them, (the match being envisaged initially, the 1 er April), he did not feel in confidence vis-a-vis with the ardour and the pseudo indiscipline of French! also, it added, it is better to move the one day match to risk a confrontation of supporters, uburlesque but for which is caught he these English

There you go, clear as muck :lol:
I have Bumbleflex
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

Ah yes... good ol' Babelfish! I had a go at that too. The technological equivalent on normal English of drinking 12 Calypso Collapso's
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Dave Cahill wrote:in the emission: "y will have sport" on France 4, they declared that president de Leinster, had to contact fédé about the 1/4 of final, in front of disputing vis-a-vis at the Toulouse stage, on their premises, to require a repport match the day before or the following day, because having learned the humour of French and the gags accompanying them, (the match being envisaged initially, the 1 er April), he did not feel in confidence vis-a-vis with the ardour and the pseudo indiscipline of French! also, it added, it is better to move the one day match to risk a confrontation of supporters, uburlesque but for which is caught he these English

There you go, clear as muck :lol:
Cheers Dave, that really helps......it must be a wind up.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

ps. like the avi - didn't know Girv had grown a moustache!!!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

jezzer wrote:ps. like the avi - didn't know Girv had grown a moustache!!!
My name is Earl!
I have Bumbleflex
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

yeah, seen the show. Ligind. Never noticed the resemblence before...
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

jezzer wrote:ps. like the avi - didn't know Girv had grown a moustache!!!
Quality call Jezzer!!!! :lol:
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Leinster til i die
Bookworm

Post by Leinster til i die »

here's a better translation of that post. Sounds as if our president was speaking with tongue in cheek....

During the talk show "Va y avoir du sport" on France 4, they said the
president of Leinster had contacted the federation about the 1/4 finals
planned to be played against the Stade Toulousain at their home. He was
requesting a deferment to the day before or the day after, as he found out
it was scheduled for the 1st of April. Knowing the French humour and the
pranks that come with it, he was not too confident about the French and
their alleged indiscipline nor about their fiery nature. On this basis he
added, we're better off changing dates for the game by one day instead of
risking a riot among supporters ... uburlesque, who do these English think
they are?
"its a sunday, if you want to go to church, go there and worship Brian O'Driscoll". - Stuart Barnes 22/1/06