No skin left on the palm of his hands, so he had to start typing :roll:
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Niall Kiely

Post by deco »

random punter wrote:What a tit.
+1
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

The problem with c**t faced's article is he tries to justify his initial piece - what Neil Francis said. What Peter O'Reilly. Who cares what they think?

c**t face also forgot to mention the fact the the semi final has nothing to do with losing Pat Geraghty as PRO to Munster, or Felipe Contepomi's botched registration. His opinion on the game is no relevance to me, c**t face can say/think what he likes, but using every available stick to beat Leinster up with, no link to the semi, was a f%~king disgrace.

c**t face should never be given an article again.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

I must admit I stopped a short way in. Thanks, I have a frankly huge vocabulary, you're not going to improve it Niall. But reading you does remind me that I should take care when to use it. So none of it here where I want to express simple thoughts simply and be understood. But the descent of the Irish Times continues apace. What a dreadful little provincial newspaper it has become. A home for cranks and extremists and not for quality journalism. Unfortunately the Examiner hasn't stepped up to the plate. At this stage the Indo is possibly a better paper than the D'Olier St. rag. I mean that sincerely, and I have little respect for the Indo.

God help us all. How's the Skibereen Eagle these days?
baggo baggins
Bookworm

Post by baggo baggins »

I know someone else already said this but we won - nothing else matters and Mr Kiely's words mean absolutely nothing. Ask anyone who was at the game what it means to be a Leinster supporter - Mr Kiely and his educated pals obviously have no idea.
One day the dream will become a reality. Irrespective I will always be blue.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Malachy Logan has a lot to answer for!

The day of Leinster's first Heineken Cup final and there's nothing from a Leinster fan's perspective, but he makes room for this smarmy asshole to write a sh!t column about his last sh!t column!

Even if the guy wasn't the insufferable pr!*k that he is, why would anyone care what a Munster fan thinks on Leinster's big day? On Munster's four final days, was there an article from Leinster's point of view? Was there f**k! And rightfully so!

This once again confirms the dumbing down of the paper under Logan and Kennedy's stewardship. Paper of record my arse!
Oscar
Mullet

Post by Oscar »

Couldn't believe when I read that. The first piece was bad enough, but to compound the mistake like that? And for the editors to allow him?

I'm glad I don't pay for my online subscription any more.
Sarphil
Enlightened

Post by Sarphil »

I met a few Niall Kielys in Edinburgh :evil:
'la vista che m'apparve d'un leone
Questi parea che contra me venisse
con la test'alta e con rabbiosa fame,
sì che parea che l'aere ne tremesse'
INFERNO CANTO 01

http://www.bornfree.org.uk
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

Donny B. wrote:Malachy Logan has a lot to answer for!

The day of Leinster's first Heineken Cup final and there's nothing from a Leinster fan's perspective, but he makes room for this smarmy asshole to write a sh!t column about his last sh!t column!

Even if the guy wasn't the insufferable pr!*k that he is, why would anyone care what a Munster fan thinks on Leinster's big day? On Munster's four final days, was there an article from Leinster's point of view? Was there f**k! And rightfully so!

This once again confirms the dumbing down of the paper under Logan and Kennedy's stewardship. Paper of record my arse!
Both are extremely highly paid, and not sure why considering the paper of record has a daily average readership of just 100,000. This paper is still the only one worth purchasing in this country, largely because many of the writers are insightful (note Tom Humphries is excluded from this list). Their world news section is weak though.

Still, the TV and Radio guide is excellent
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Lads don't worry about him. He humiliated himself, his paper, his province and helped a rival team and their supporters.

I'll be suggesting him for some sort of reward at the next OLSC meeting.
I have Bumbleflex
christy
Bookworm

Post by christy »

hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

Ho ho ho. What a smug pr¡ck you are, Nialleen Óg. But may I ask, "How d'ya like dem apples?"
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

suisse wrote:
Donny B. wrote:Malachy Logan has a lot to answer for!

Both are extremely highly paid, and not sure why considering the paper of record has a daily average readership of just 100,000. This paper is still the only one worth purchasing in this country, largely because many of the writers are insightful (note Tom Humphries is excluded from this list). Their world news section is weak though.

Still, the TV and Radio guide is excellent
Just shows what they think of Leinster rugby people as a section of that market, or do they think it will make us buy the paper more?
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
Sarphil
Enlightened

Post by Sarphil »

Dave Cahill wrote:Lads don't worry about him. He humiliated himself, his paper, his province and helped a rival team and their supporters.

I'll be suggesting him for some sort of reward at the next OLSC meeting.
That is an excellent idea :D
'la vista che m'apparve d'un leone
Questi parea che contra me venisse
con la test'alta e con rabbiosa fame,
sì che parea che l'aere ne tremesse'
INFERNO CANTO 01

http://www.bornfree.org.uk
Give us a swerve Girve
Bookworm

Post by Give us a swerve Girve »

I could just imagine when the time comes to present him with the award for helping Leinster win the semi,"unfortunately Nall Kiely couldn't be here in person..." Makes me laugh anyway
In BOD we trust
AidanSloan
Knowledgeable

Post by AidanSloan »

I just don't get it. What does an alleged PR expert hope to acieve from writing something like that? Is his ego that fragile that he feels he has to prove something? At first I thought he was misguided and badly advised but now I just feel sorry for him.
El Diablo
Mullet

Post by El Diablo »

I only now just got to read this article....(my Times got lost on the day). incredible stuff. I bet he feels a little silly now.
anonymous_joe
Bookworm

Post by anonymous_joe »

AidanSloan wrote:I just don't get it. What does an alleged PR expert hope to acieve from writing something like that? Is his ego that fragile that he feels he has to prove something? At first I thought he was misguided and badly advised but now I just feel sorry for him.
Had a lecture from someone involved in PR before. (Carr communications too actually) and they were very thin-skinned.

PRs basically the art of bullshít (I say this as a marketing student) and they/we know it. Of course they're defensive. :P
Cows say moo.
janeymac08
Mullet

Post by janeymac08 »

fourthirtythree wrote:I must admit I stopped a short way in. Thanks, I have a frankly huge vocabulary, you're not going to improve it Niall. But reading you does remind me that I should take care when to use it. So none of it here where I want to express simple thoughts simply and be understood. But the descent of the Irish Times continues apace. What a dreadful little provincial newspaper it has become. A home for cranks and extremists and not for quality journalism. Unfortunately the Examiner hasn't stepped up to the plate. At this stage the Indo is possibly a better paper than the D'Olier St. rag. I mean that sincerely, and I have little respect for the Indo.

God help us all. How's the Skibereen Eagle these days?
Surprised you can't remember that Niall Kiely was the Irish Times News Editor in the good old days when it was the paper of record (and was a staff journalist for the last 25 years or so). Think he was Political Corr. at one stage and spent a couple of years in the Middle East for the IT.

I'm sure Paul Howard will be bringing Kiely out for a few pints - he would be a great source of material for his next book.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

janeymac08 wrote:
Surprised you can't remember that Niall Kiely was the Irish Times News Editor in the good old days when it was the paper of record (and was a staff journalist for the last 25 years or so). Think he was Political Corr. at one stage and spent a couple of years in the Middle East for the IT.

I'm sure Paul Howard will be bringing Kiely out for a few pints - he would be a great source of material for his next book.
This thread has gone on for WAY too long, but yes, his career in the IT has been mentioned in it. The question is: would this rubbish have been considered of a publishable standard back then? I might be looking at the past unrealistically. Back then, of course, they actually had staff. Most of them could actually read back then. The idea of a pompous, arrogant, clueless, patrician/toff like him does however fit in with my idea of the Irish Times dealing with the middle east.