Dragons game

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

ribs
Mullet

Post by ribs »

We need to learn how to deal with that type of rolling maul - haven't seen an actual ROLLING one for a while - we were holding it fine until it splintered and rolled on one side. A few times I thought the ref should have blown for obstruction, but that was where you play the ref. Guaranteed that Toulouse will do the same, but what about standing off the lineouts like the Italians did against England?
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

bluesky wrote:Listen, no need to get too worked up over this game.

A poor performance indeed, good to get it out of the system in the CL rather than in Toulouse.

I am sure they got an absolute bollickin off the Cheika and Knoxie.

It should be an either or with Williams and Byrnes...you need a bit of grunt in the second row, I would have preferred to have seen Ben and Williams to start.

Hepworth..Jesus, he made Matt Leek look like Dan Carter... :lol:

Onwards and upwards.
Blue, I think if Matt Leek were to read this forum, he'd be pretty put out by that comment......Hepworth was horrendous..... :cry:
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Uncle Mort
Shane Horgan

Post by Uncle Mort »

without excusing the lack of performance from the team - this was one of the worst refereed matches I've seen in a long time. Good refs don't have to tell players to shut up every time they make a decision, as their decisions are seen to be fair and obvious. Good refs don't try and apply every law during the match just to prove they know them. Good refs penalise poor players and don't tell oposition front row that it's their job to hold them up. Good refs let one team march the other the length of the pitch by playing the game not three successive penalties. Good refs show yellow cards for repeat offending and don't keep giving the same warnings. Good refs listen to what the touch judge tells them when asked and not merely ignores what has just been said as they want to award yet another penalty. Good refs get the scrum set and square before half time. good refs...
"I don't think Edinburgh is the place it used to be"
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

Uncle Mort wrote:without excusing the lack of performance from the team - this was one of the worst refereed matches I've seen in a long time. Good refs don't have to tell players to shut up every time they make a decision, as their decisions are seen to be fair and obvious. Good refs don't try and apply every law during the match just to prove they know them. Good refs penalise poor players and don't tell oposition front row that it's their job to hold them up. Good refs let one team march the other the length of the pitch by playing the game not three successive penalties. Good refs show yellow cards for repeat offending and don't keep giving the same warnings. Good refs listen to what the touch judge tells them when asked and not merely ignores what has just been said as they want to award yet another penalty. Good refs get the scrum set and square before half time. good refs...
I agree, the ref was poor. Munster V Glasgow got a Welsh ref, Nigel Owens and he was up to standard. We get screwed with these Scottish refs when we're playing the Welsh teams.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Uncle Mort wrote:without excusing the lack of performance from the team - this was one of the worst refereed matches I've seen in a long time. Good refs don't have to tell players to shut up every time they make a decision, as their decisions are seen to be fair and obvious. Good refs don't try and apply every law during the match just to prove they know them. Good refs penalise poor players and don't tell oposition front row that it's their job to hold them up. Good refs let one team march the other the length of the pitch by playing the game not three successive penalties. Good refs show yellow cards for repeat offending and don't keep giving the same warnings. Good refs listen to what the touch judge tells them when asked and not merely ignores what has just been said as they want to award yet another penalty. Good refs get the scrum set and square before half time. good refs...
How many fockin times did he warn the Dragons number 3 for all category of offences?????

I was just sick of the sound of his voice, he never shut up, actions speak louder than words when you're a ref.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
sewa
Mullet

Post by sewa »

Duff Paddy wrote:
I agree, the ref was poor. Munster V Glasgow got a Welsh ref, Nigel Owens and he was up to standard. We get screwed with these Scottish refs when we're playing the Welsh teams.
Up to standard is some new way of saying bloody awful is it? They had a clear knock on in the move leading up to a try and were offside all day.
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

sewa wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
Up to standard is some new way of saying bloody awful is it? They had a clear knock on in the move leading up to a try and were offside all day.
If you watched Owens using both your eyes, then you'd see that he was consistent and clear. What more do you want? You don't have a devine right to a homer ref in TP you know.
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

Duff Paddy wrote:
sewa wrote:Up to standard is some new way of saying bloody awful is it? They had a clear knock on in the move leading up to a try and were offside all day.
If you watched Owens using both your eyes, then you'd see that he was consistent and clear. What more do you want? You don't have a devine right to a homer ref in TP you know.
to be fair, the knock on was very obvious and should have been picked up on.
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

limecat wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
sewa wrote:Up to standard is some new way of saying bloody awful is it? They had a clear knock on in the move leading up to a try and were offside all day.
to be fair, the knock on was very obvious and should have been picked up on.
Well the knock was a big call that he missed but you'll always get mistakes in a game and you have to judge the ref based on his entire game - the TJ should also have flagged it anyway.
Leinster Stalker's Wife
Beginner

Post by Leinster Stalker's Wife »

[quote="upfront_1979"]agree on hepworth. When is his contract up he should be gone!

Will I get the Leinster Stalker to stalk Hepworth!!!
Aoife "Stalker's Wife" Martin
apple sourz
Mullet

Post by apple sourz »

Poor old Johnny. He just hasn't got to grips with union at all. He seems to be like a rabbit constantly caught in the headlights.
sewa
Mullet

Post by sewa »

Look the knock on was obvious and I agree he was awful for both sides. Both sides were allowed to be offside in the ruck and collapse the mall all day. To call it consistent is no excuse for blatant bad refereeing.
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

apple sourz wrote:Poor old Johnny. He just hasn't got to grips with union at all. He seems to be like a rabbit constantly caught in the headlights.
Yep, Agreed. I had that impression the first time I saw him play (think it was vs the Edinburgh Gunners in Donnybrook?), and he actually seems to have disimproved. What a bizarre signing. One of the kids from the Academy would have been a better bet.
Uncle Mort
Shane Horgan

Post by Uncle Mort »

ckav wrote: One of the kids from the Academy would have been a better bet.
my Great Aunt Maud would have been a better signing
"I don't think Edinburgh is the place it used to be"