Leinster Branch & Celtic League

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Jarhead
Learner

Leinster Branch & Celtic League

Post by Jarhead »

Just lookin to guage the feelin from supporters with these 2 outfits in relation to fixtures, kick-off times, tickets, t.v. anything basically...

Seem highly incompetent to me with fixtures be arranged late & rearranged even later, kick-off times being change at the drop of a hat, tickets not being posted/arriving, not being available, too expensive, & cr@p t.v. commentary & coverage...

Highly unprofessional if you ask me...

Any1 any thoughts?
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Re: Leinster Branch & Celtic League

Post by limecat »

Jarhead wrote:Just lookin to guage the feelin from supporters with these 2 outfits in relation to fixtures, kick-off times, tickets, t.v. anything basically...

Seem highly incompetent to me with fixtures be arranged late & rearranged even later, kick-off times being change at the drop of a hat, tickets not being posted/arriving, not being available, too expensive, & cr@p t.v. commentary & coverage...

Any1 any thoughts?
wow...that's a lot of things

fixture times, etc. are in general at the behest of the CLs "broadcast partners", steanta, etc.

tickets not arriving generally seems to be an post and not the branch. notice that for some games, the branch no longer send out the tickets for this very reason. apple sourz may be able to give more info. about the shortcomings of the postal service ;)

expensive tickets. that's one for the branch to answer, but they are trying to run a professional team with professional backup / support, all of which costs money.

cr@p tv. commentary. hmm...setanta have "limited" resources, so they can't afford to pay for the Ryle Nugent and George Hamiltons of this world :lol:
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

Jarhead wrote:Just lookin to guage the feelin from supporters with these 2 outfits in relation to fixtures, kick-off times, tickets, t.v. anything basically...

Any1 any thoughts?
Leinster Rugby are being unfairly blamed on this one. They fought tooth and nail with Setanta in 2004 about the change in fixture times and the short-notice. They didn't want to move from the traditional and highly-popular Friday night at The Brook slot..it's the TV scheduling that is focked.

Ticketing needs to be sorted out, with an on=line option or even TicketMaster used to better effect. It's not working very well in its current guise. To be fair to Ronan, he will have to manually organise 4000 tickets (and the rest) for Toulouse. It's crazy.

commentary and coverage - email Niall Cogley at Setanta -fully agree that it's AWFUL..
Uncle Mort
Shane Horgan

Post by Uncle Mort »

ckav wrote:
Jarhead wrote:... & cr@p t.v. commentary & coverage...

commentary and coverage - email Niall Cogley at Setanta -fully agree that it's AWFUL..
which makes it no surprise that there is still no headline sponsor for the CL
"I don't think Edinburgh is the place it used to be"
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Think the property is still quite expensive - you'd probably have to pay about a million and a half. For that you could get the Ireland team, and I know what I'd rather have. There is also the fact that its still very much seen as a Division 2 competition.....coverage on a channel that nobody watches with totally amateur commentators doesn't exactly enhance the reputation of the competition.....
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
scotscor
Knowledgeable

Post by scotscor »

Uncle Mort wrote:
ckav wrote:
Jarhead wrote:... & cr@p t.v. commentary & coverage...

which makes it no surprise that there is still no headline sponsor for the CL
Think the CL will be a lot easier to sell this year, with 5 teams still in with a chance and its looking like going to the wire.
But all sides need to settle on a format and less of the italian mutterings.
We won just twice
Uncle Mort
Shane Horgan

Post by Uncle Mort »

scotscor wrote:...and less of the italian mutterings.
I think that having three Italian teams in the CL would be a good thing as it would give more games, no blank weekends and improve standards all round.
"I don't think Edinburgh is the place it used to be"
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

We definately need more 7.30 ko's on friday, at the 'brook. By evidence of recent game vs. Borders. Attendence would have been awful if it were sat/sun afternoon, and bear in mind there were very few internationals on show(now think back to edinburgh in nov??? one man and his dog spings to mind). also, more friday night games in the h-cup(remember leicester, toulouse, montferond)