should i allow "how much do you dislike..." poll

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

should i reinstate the "how much do you dislike..." poll?

Poll ended at February 24th, 2006, 3:06 pm

yes
41%
no
41%
don't care
18%

Total votes: 17

limecat
Lazy totalitarian

should i allow "how much do you dislike..." poll

Post by limecat »

should i reinstate the "how much do you dislike..." poll?
Last edited by limecat on February 23rd, 2006, 4:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
ktf.
Mullet

Post by ktf. »

Lime cat it took 29 mins to get the poll shut down that just enough time for a libal case you will need to sharpen up your rapid response unit
Last edited by ktf. on February 23rd, 2006, 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

ktf. wrote:Lime cat it took 29 mins to get the poll shut down that just enough time for a libal case you will need to sharpen you up rapid response unit
i was on lunch
ktf.
Mullet

Post by ktf. »

]i was on lunch
on lunch at 2:30 i didnt know you were a civil servant[/quote]
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

then again, i think that the poll result speaks for itself ;)
ktf.
Mullet

Post by ktf. »

well it speaks more about the fascist online society in which we live :D :P
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

ktf. wrote:well it speaks more about the fascist online society in which we live :D :P
Go tell it to the Marines... oh hang on :lol:
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

Whats the harm?
*** image removed by mod ***

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

epaddy wrote:Whats the harm?
the harm is that is that it become offensive. The site can go two ways - it can have informed debate with a bit of banter or it can become a forum for abuse and trolling. Personally I'd prefer the former.....
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

As to I but I think over moderation will ruin it. Plus I think that was clearly banter

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

Banter is fine.

Obsession with all things Munster, bordering on the wierd and possibly disturbed, isn't fine. Who cares whether Leinster supporters support Munster? Who cares what Leinster supporters think of Munster?

Can't understand it myself. Why start a poll on the subject? Get a life.... 8)
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

epaddy wrote:As to I but I think over moderation will ruin it. Plus I think that was clearly banter
Unfair to Limecat, who does a grand job...
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

ckav wrote:Banter is fine.

Obsession with all things Munster, bordering on the wierd and possibly disturbed, isn't fine. Who cares whether Leinster supporters support Munster? Who cares what Leinster supporters think of Munster?

Can't understand it myself. Why start a poll on the subject? Get a life.... 8)
I think you may be the one with the obsession Ckav any mention of our country cousins and you are up in arms, chill out.

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter
Uncle Mort
Shane Horgan

Post by Uncle Mort »

ckav wrote:Obsession with all things Munster, bordering on the wierd and possibly disturbed, isn't fine. Who cares whether Leinster supporters support Munster? Who cares what Leinster supporters think of Munster?

Can't understand it myself.
Have to agree with this - something else I can't understand is the desire for supporters travelling to Toulouse to OUR biggest match of the year wanting to see the Munster match afterwards - surely we should be either celebrating our famous win or drowning our sorrows in the wine lake.

At the end of the day we are Leinster - no one else. So let's spend our efforts on those things that matter to us - Leinster - and not on those that don't - everybody else.
"I don't think Edinburgh is the place it used to be"
CM
Mullet

Post by CM »

something else I can't understand is the desire for supporters travelling to Toulouse to OUR biggest match of the year wanting to see the Munster match afterwards
Well I happen to enjoy the competition and all the games in it. If at all possible I'll watch all 6 televised games during the pool stages and I'll hope to watch all 4 quarter finals. Why can't it be possible to be celebrating our win and watching the Munster game?
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

Uncle Mort wrote:
ckav wrote:Obsession with all things Munster, bordering on the wierd and possibly disturbed, isn't fine. Who cares whether Leinster supporters support Munster? Who cares what Leinster supporters think of Munster?

Have to agree with this - something else I can't understand is the desire for supporters travelling to Toulouse to OUR biggest match of the year wanting to see the Munster match afterwards - surely we should be either celebrating our famous win or drowning our sorrows in the wine lake.

At the end of the day we are Leinster - no one else. So let's spend our efforts on those things that matter to us - Leinster - and not on those that don't - everybody else.
Because we are Rugby fans?

Because half the Irish team will be playing?

Because it will be a fantastic occasion?

To see how are next opponants are playing?

Because most people will want to watch all the matches even Bath Leicester shock horror?

It seems people are obsessed with not mentioning Munster or having anything to do with them. I for one watch any rugby match on the TV. Especially one which Irish sides are playing in. I would hate to miss the Munster match
Last edited by epaddy on February 23rd, 2006, 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter
CM
Mullet

Post by CM »

epaddy

Exactly.
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

Uncle Mort wrote:

Yep, well said. BUT I wouldn't mind watching the Munster match after the game - it adds to a great rugby weekend to watch all teh HEC action, and it's coming from Lansdowne Road!

Epaddy - what gets me is a) the fact that there has been so much OTT and abuse in the very recent past on another forum with which you and I are both familiar. I'd hate to see it happen here. We have one inane contributor here trying his/her best to stir shite already. It's pathetic. b) the bleedin' obsession with another province! Jaysus, are we that insecure that we need to constantly benchmark ourselves/laugh at them/preach loftily about how we're mature enough to want to support them?

Jayyyzis as Bertie on Gift Grub would say.
Last edited by ckav on February 23rd, 2006, 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

epaddy wrote:As to I but I think over moderation will ruin it. Plus I think that was clearly banter
Everybody has their own definition of banter I guess ePaddy. My personal view if that a poll on how much we hate munster isn't banter.....
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
RobbieRockBoy
Enlightened

Post by RobbieRockBoy »

You will always find silly people with silly posts..

oh look there's a mirror..