should i allow "how much do you dislike..." poll

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

should i reinstate the "how much do you dislike..." poll?

Poll ended at February 24th, 2006, 3:06 pm

yes
41%
no
41%
don't care
18%

Total votes: 17

RobbieRockBoy
Enlightened

Post by RobbieRockBoy »

ckav wrote:...... Jaysus, are we that insecure that we need to constantly benchmark ourselves/laugh at them/preach loftily about how we're mature enough to want to support them?

obviously... yes.... :lol:
Uncle Mort
Shane Horgan

Post by Uncle Mort »

CM wrote:Well I happen to enjoy the competition and all the games in it. If at all possible I'll watch all 6 televised games during the pool stages and I'll hope to watch all 4 quarter finals. Why can't it be possible to be celebrating our win and watching the Munster game?
I too enjoy the competition and watch as many matches as possible. That's because I enjoy watching the games, not because of who is playing. However, I'm not going all the way down to the south of France with the intention of watching any other game. I'm going there to support our team - that's our job as supporters - to support our team. I don't wish anyone else an ill wind, good luck to all teams but I've only room enough to support the one team. Where the watching the Munster match is odd is the effort that is being made to see the games - ok if it's on yes celebrate and watch - but all this making arrangements before you go I find it to be very strange indeed.
"I don't think Edinburgh is the place it used to be"
McCloud
Knowledgeable

Post by McCloud »

Don't care. If it's stupid I ignore it. Will shouting for you and looking forward to a semi in dublin. Which Munster will win of course 8)
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

RobbieRockBoy wrote:
ckav wrote:...... Jaysus, are we that insecure that we need to constantly benchmark ourselves/laugh at them/preach loftily about how we're mature enough to want to support them?

True for some here alright. Just irritates me. Why the feck does every thread have to have some kind of Munster slant to it? Bad enough that the folks on mf.com have actually opened a thread discussing how much better their little corner of cyberspace is without the nasty meanies at Leinster offering their opinions. Why do we have to mirror that stuff? Beats me....
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

ckav wrote:

Yep, well said. BUT I wouldn't mind watching the Munster match after the game - it adds to a great rugby weekend to watch all teh HEC action, and it's coming from Lansdowne Road!

Epaddy - what gets me is a) the fact that there has been so much OTT and abuse in the very recent past on another forum with which you and I are both familiar. I'd hate to see it happen here. We have one inane contributor here trying his/her best to stir shite already. It's pathetic. b) the bleedin' obsession with another province! Jaysus, are we that insecure that we need to constantly benchmark ourselves/laugh at them/preach loftily about how we're mature enough to want to support them?

Jayyyzis as Bertie on Gift Grub would say.
Why do you keep on mentioning Munsterfans.com then. Most of the supporters down there are grand. You and I both know how to wind them up and you and I both did/do it on a regular basis. Most of what goes on there is good natured banter. Even today there is is a thread about how bloody boring the place is since LF was set up. A few different opinions and supporters of other clubs/ provinces and countrys will make this place. Its not an obsession but they are our biggest rivals. 14,500 voted with their feet on New Years eve to tell us that. You need to get rid of your obsession with all things Munster
*** image removed by mod ***

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter
RobbieRockBoy
Enlightened

Post by RobbieRockBoy »

ckav wrote:
RobbieRockBoy wrote:

True for some here alright. Just irritates me. Why the feck does every thread have to have some kind of Munster slant to it? Bad enough that the folks on mf.com have actually opened a thread discussing how much better their little corner of cyberspace is without the nasty meanies at Leinster offering their opinions. Why do we have to mirror that stuff? Beats me....
I don't think that thread is going that way.. but we'll agree to differ..

it's not Munster folk that's starting all these threads here.
CM
Mullet

Post by CM »

Uncle Mort wrote:
CM wrote:Well I happen to enjoy the competition and all the games in it. If at all possible I'll watch all 6 televised games during the pool stages and I'll hope to watch all 4 quarter finals. Why can't it be possible to be celebrating our win and watching the Munster game?
I too enjoy the competition and watch as many matches as possible. That's because I enjoy watching the games, not because of who is playing. However, I'm not going all the way down to the south of France with the intention of watching any other game. I'm going there to support our team - that's our job as supporters - to support our team. I don't wish anyone else an ill wind, good luck to all teams but I've only room enough to support the one team. Where the watching the Munster match is odd is the effort that is being made to see the games - ok if it's on yes celebrate and watch - but all this making arrangements before you go I find it to be very strange indeed.
Given the tight turnaround of matches it's important to know where you are going to be heading straight after the match. There's no time to be finding out where the match is on once our match is over. Of course we're going to support Leinster and will be doing that to the fullness of our ability but there's no harm in having a direction to go after the match. Some people like to plan, don't criticise them for it.
McCloud
Knowledgeable

Post by McCloud »

ckav wrote:
RobbieRockBoy wrote:

If you read through it ckav I think you'll find not everybody holds that view.
ktf.
Mullet

Post by ktf. »

i will watch all games too but it dosent mean i will support all irish teams.

but i guess the muslims have been right over the last few weeks free speech is dead.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

RobbieRockBoy wrote:

Can i change my vote from "No"..... :wink:
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

Grand so.

BTW where are we all watching the Munster match? And can we get a consignment of Munster jerseys? :wink: :twisted:
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

RobbieRockBoy wrote:
ckav wrote:
RobbieRockBoy wrote:

I don't think that thread is going that way.. but we'll agree to differ..

it's not Munster folk that's starting all these threads here.
Precisely my Point, Robbie. :roll:
fungalboy
Graduate

Munster Vs Leinster ad naseum...

Post by fungalboy »

yawn, yawn, yawn... :roll:

Seriously kids, there are better things to occupy your time with.
"They play a running game, we play a running game..." Sky Sports Two 23/1/06
"There is only one Girve the Swerve..." Sky Sports Two 31/3/06
"What disappointment? We did everything we could do tonight..." Newstalk 106 26/5/06
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Re: Munster Vs Leinster ad naseum...

Post by Flash Gordon »

fungalboy wrote:yawn, yawn, yawn... :roll:

Like sampling Ireland's number 1 lager in blind tests for example. Fungalboy, could you perhaps speculate on what that might be? .....quick before Dave interjects!
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

WHAT DOES HE BREW??! :wink:
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Flash Gordon wrote:

Like sampling Ireland's number 1 lager in blind tests for example. Fungalboy, could you perhaps speculate on what that might be? .....quick before Dave interjects!
WHAT DOES HE BREW...
I have Bumbleflex
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

cue music from the Twilight Zone, Cahill... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

:lol: 8)
I have Bumbleflex
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Dave Cahill wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:

WHAT DOES HE BREW...

HARP!!!!!
scotscor
Knowledgeable

Post by scotscor »

just on the thread on mf.com, some were saying that the leinster posters were missed, my own view is that its great that you have a home of your own and that we can each visit occasionaly as we do to other sites, like ulster or gwlad.
We won just twice