Pubs to watch the games..

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Culdub
Bookworm

Re: Pubs to watch the games..

Post by Culdub »

Scott, was just going to say that there's a regular poster on here, Footrush, who gives the Marble City as his location and that he/she should be able to let you know the best place to catch the game. However, see that Kat has come to the rescue.
tmarr
Bookworm

Post by tmarr »

Scott wrote:
Scott wrote:Will find myself in Kilkenny City for the HEC semi on May 1st.

Can anyone suggest a good rugby pub that will defo be showing the game??

The Kilkenny Rhythm & Roots Festival is on over that weekend. The following pubs are listed as having live gigs on at 4pm on - Lanigans /Biddy Early's /Morrisons /Ryan's /Breathnachs – and may not be suitable.

Any help greatly appreciated
Anyone????
Just a suggestion but if you ring Kilkenny Rugby Club which is just on outskirts someone there might have more info for you.
tmarr
Bookworm

Re: Pubs to watch the games IN GALWAY..

Post by tmarr »

IN GALWAY? Can anyone help me out on places in Galway (preferably with big screens (but not essential ) that will definately show the leinster and munster semis? Busker Brownes has been one suggestion but looking for others also if possible. Thanks
brian_c
Mullet

Post by brian_c »

I'll be stuck* in Oslo this weekend, hoping to find somewhere to watch the game. I usually watch rugby in O'Reillys but the game isn't listed on their website. Going to give them a ring on friday. Does anyone know anyone else in Oslo who would be up for watching the game, if I can get a few people to ring separately they might stick it on.

Just noticed that my fall back rugby pub, the Belfry is closed. Getting a little bit worried.

*Of course I am glad to be going there, I always enjoy visiting the in-laws. Just annoying how we only ever seem to go on rugby weekends.
Its a by-pass. You've got to build by-passes.
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

brian_c wrote:I'll be stuck* in Oslo this weekend, hoping to find somewhere to watch the game. I usually watch rugby in O'Reillys but the game isn't listed on their website. Going to give them a ring on friday. Does anyone know anyone else in Oslo who would be up for watching the game, if I can get a few people to ring separately they might stick it on.

Just noticed that my fall back rugby pub, the Belfry is closed. Getting a little bit worried.

*Of course I am glad to be going there, I always enjoy visiting the in-laws. Just annoying how we only ever seem to go on rugby weekends.
Internet connection over there?

Try Justin or iraqgoals
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

brian_c wrote:I'll be stuck* in Oslo this weekend, hoping to find somewhere to watch the game. I usually watch rugby in O'Reillys but the game isn't listed on their website. Going to give them a ring on friday. Does anyone know anyone else in Oslo who would be up for watching the game, if I can get a few people to ring separately they might stick it on.

Hey!! you married a Norwegian Berd. Don't be complaining :D
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

I'm going to be at a stag around the Belturbet/Ballconnell area.
Anyone know of any decent battle cruisers to watch the semi in?
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Avenger wrote:I'm going to be at a stag around the Belturbet/Ballconnell area.
They won't know what you mean by Rugby up there. Never mind battle cruiser.
I can however guarantee you that it will be raining in Belturbet. (Cause it always is)
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

johng wrote:They won't know what you mean by Rugby up there. Never mind battle cruiser.
I can however guarantee you that it will be raining in Belturbet. (Cause it always is)
All they need to know is if they have Sky Sports or not.
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
brian_c
Mullet

Post by brian_c »

johng wrote: Hey!! you married a Norwegian Berd. Don't be complaining :D
Not until March I haven't, so I have to be on my best behaviour.

Cheers for the internet suggestion Darce, it's my last resort. Not really the same atmosphere sitting on my own with a cup of coffee in an apartment staring at a PC screen as sitting with a pint of Ringnes (yuck but it's the cheapest) with a load of expat kiwis in a pub. But if push come to shove, I have to see this game somehow.
Its a by-pass. You've got to build by-passes.
EmmetC
Beginner

Post by EmmetC »

I'm going to be in the more Rugby friendly location of Edinburgh so I won't quite have Brian's Norwegian issues but can anyone recommend anywhere in particular in Edinburgh they reckon would be good for watching it? Ideally a place with good pub grub as well.
Skinfull
Mullet

Post by Skinfull »

Meath:

Dunshaughlin:
James Lawless, on the main street, cheap enough booze, no special offers but they are a year round Leinster Pub been flying the flags since the Quins game last year

Navan:
Ryans: Sports bar, 2 Huge screens, Big ERC pub but very loyal to soccer, no special offers but always a great atmosphere.

O'Flatertys: Recently Renovated back area with big screen always showing rugby, Special offer on Bulmers (go figure!)

Navan Rugby Club: Very cheap booze, 2 big screens and I heard tell of finger food available depending on numbers. :clap: Reckon I'll be there +19. (Proudly sponsored by Hunky Dorys! :P )
"Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!" - Kirk
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Avenger wrote:
johng wrote:They won't know what you mean by Rugby up there. Never mind battle cruiser.
All they need to know is if they have Sky Sports or not.
Cause then the shear force of your personality and charm will induce them to put on the game :D
Sorry I can't help you on the Sky Sportsness of it. They probably need it for all the wet evenings.
Woody01
Bookworm

Post by Woody01 »

Woody01 wrote:Will be in Belfast for the weekend of HEC semi.

Anyone any recommendations for good pub up there to watch the game?

Still not sure of good rugby bar to go to up there. Anyone???
dod
Knowledgeable

Post by dod »

Avenger wrote:I'm going to be at a stag around the Belturbet/Ballconnell area.
There's a pub called the Duck and Stool in Belturbet that i watched a few leinster games in when i go up there. Its small but friendly and they usually put on a game if you ask
dod
Knowledgeable

Post by dod »

Skinfull wrote:Meath:

Dunshaughlin:
James Lawless, on the main street, cheap enough booze, no special offers but they are a year round Leinster Pub been flying the flags since the Quins game last year

Navan:
Ryans: Sports bar, 2 Huge screens, Big ERC pub but very loyal to soccer, no special offers but always a great atmosphere.

O'Flatertys: Recently Renovated back area with big screen always showing rugby, Special offer on Bulmers (go figure!)

Navan Rugby Club: Very cheap booze, 2 big screens and I heard tell of finger food available depending on numbers. :clap: Reckon I'll be there +19. (Proudly sponsored by Hunky Dorys! :P )

Going to be in Kells for the game on saturday.. Any good pubs that the game will be on in?
Skinfull
Mullet

Post by Skinfull »

dod wrote: Going to be in Kells for the game on saturday.. Any good pubs that the game will be on in?
Indeed I do.

O Shaughnessys - Great place to watch the games.
Arches Bar
Round tower Bar will defo be showing the game and it does great food. This would get my vote. Though bear in mind it will be jammers so you might wanna get in early enough.
"Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!" - Kirk
bilco
Beginner

Post by bilco »

Any Suggestions for a pub in Ballina ?

Cheers !
Blue not red blood
Mullet

Post by Blue not red blood »

Edinburgh pub.

Ryan`s is a great spot. End of Princes st, opposite the Caledonian. Good grub as well
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Post by MylesNaGapoleen »

you could try the dubliner down on radhusgate....good grub...good pint and good craic down there. that was the place to watch the 6nations games when I was living there a few years ago. it's not too far from the belfry. also...drop the guys at the Oslo Rugby Club an email..to see where they are watching it.

as an aside..there's a few babes on their ladies team...like this one on the left: