Pubs to watch the games..

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Leinster_Dave
Bookworm

Re: Pubs to watch the games..

Post by Leinster_Dave »

Looking for a pub to watch the Leinster Munster match in Rainbow Beach on East Coast in Australia, anybody know of one??
HUDSOC
Knowledgeable

Post by HUDSOC »

blaker wrote:Mornin' folks.

I'm over in London for the long term and I'm looking to find a pub that shows the ML games. O'Neills chain doesn't, Waxy O'Connors in Piccadilly doesn't and Brogans in Fulham doesn't.

Any options? Because if I have to watch another game in an internet cafe I'm going to cry
Am with you in this (i.e. desperately need somewhere in London to watch the Leinster v. Munster game on sat). Last year when Setanta had all the games (and after they stopped broadcasting in the U.K.) there were a few places somehow receiving Setanta Ireland broadcasts and some generously allowed access to the big games - including the corresponding Leinster v. Munster match - but I have no idea if anyone can receive TG4 which, from what I can work out, is the only place it is being shown ? Any suggestions gratefully received...
blaker
Enlightened

Post by blaker »

If I hear anything I'll let you know Hud.

In the meantime folks, any and all suggestions welcomed with open arms!
Leinster jersey on the Great Wall of China.The Mongolians couldn't breach it but the Blues did!
Bosco
Mullet

Post by Bosco »

The Sheephaven Bay, 2-3 Mornington Street, Camden, London, NW1 7QD a few Munster fans go there for games,
HUDSOC
Knowledgeable

Post by HUDSOC »

blaker wrote:If I hear anything I'll let you know Hud.

In the meantime folks, any and all suggestions welcomed with open arms!
Yes thanks,likewise Blaker - all ears to the ground.
HUDSOC
Knowledgeable

Post by HUDSOC »

While googling to try and find where in London can catch the Munster game on sat. i.e. is there where is there has access to TG4, I stumbled upon this (evidently a GAA forum where the same question was being asked) - maybe some useful pointers ?

http://www.hoganstand.com/forum/Message ... icID=46894
Rogocoko
Knowledgeable

Where to watch Leinster in Rome?

Post by Rogocoko »

I'll be in Rome for the Racing Metro game next week. Anybody know any pubs that will show the game?
Munster. I hate the word, as I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee.
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Re: Where to watch Leinster in Rome?

Post by sheepshagger »

Info in the OLSC Blue Planet guide here. . .

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/supporters/ ... nloads.php
Leinster Lout
Graduate

Re: Where to watch Leinster in Rome?

Post by Leinster Lout »

borders
Learner

Post by borders »

I telephoned the Corrib Rest, which is near Queens Park station (London), and they said they are showing it. However, I am not sure whether this is accurate as the member of staff simply said 'we show all Irish games'. I did watch a game there before when it was Setanta. Now that it is TG4, I am not sure what the arrangements are. Still, I am going there in hope.
brian_c
Mullet

Post by brian_c »

EDIT: No longer applicable
Last edited by brian_c on November 1st, 2010, 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Its a by-pass. You've got to build by-passes.
Made Of Ale
Graduate

Post by Made Of Ale »

borders wrote:I telephoned the Corrib Rest, which is near Queens Park station (London), and they said they are showing it. However, I am not sure whether this is accurate as the member of staff simply said 'we show all Irish games'. I did watch a game there before when it was Setanta. Now that it is TG4, I am not sure what the arrangements are. Still, I am going there in hope.

I've just seen this now - in general they are pretty reliable for games so I hope you were successful; I went there a good few times when I lived near there.

I can also recommend The Richmond on Shepherd's Bush Road (it seems to be listed as the Richmond Arms on Google search but the pub sign says The Richmond). They have an Irish decoder so can show TG4; they seem to show pretty much everything and have enough screens to avoid clash problems. I watched the Munster game there a few weeks ago and it was on three screens. The (I presume) landlord is a London Irish fan and was having a bit of banter with some quiet Munster fans in the corner looking forward to the impending match. There are plenty of older ex-pats among the clientele, one of whom sat down beside me to watch the game - after about five minutes he said 'Is this in Gaelic - ah Jaysus!' and walked off. I didn't tell him watching in Welsh, Italian, Serbo-Croat etc wouldn't deter me as long as I could see the pictures!
Amz
Mullet

Post by Amz »

Are any of the pubs in Leixlip good for showing Heineken Cup?
I couldn't find any last year that showed the Heineken Cup semi-finals, because "there's soccer on!".
Mangiafuoco

Post by Mangiafuoco »

Hi guys, I'm an italian rugby fan.

Can you give me any name of real rugby pub in Dublin?

And can you say me where I can find a rugby shop in Dublin?

Not Elverys, plesae... :D :D :D

Thanks a lot!! :D :D
Amz
Mullet

Post by Amz »

The Leinster Rugby Store at Donnybrook stadium is another rugby shop.
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

Mangiafuoco wrote:Hi guys, I'm an italian rugby fan.

Can you give me any name of real rugby pub in Dublin?
Any of the Pubs in Ballsbridge/Donnybrook are very rugby orientated, Kiely's http://www.kielysofdonnybrook.ie/ is a good bet as is the Horse Show House on a match day http://www.madigan.ie/default3.asp?acti ... am_page=93
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

Amz wrote:Are any of the pubs in Leixlip good for showing Heineken Cup?
I couldn't find any last year that showed the Heineken Cup semi-finals, because "there's soccer on!".
Same for Maynooth. There's a Chelsea-Villa game about 5 on Sat and I can see the hassle already because one punter at the bar is watching it. Unfortunately we have plenty of experience in this regard :x
Dont Panic!
Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Scott »

Dexter wrote:
Same for Maynooth. There's a Chelsea-Villa game about 5 on Sat and I can see the hassle already because one punter at the bar is watching it. Unfortunately we have plenty of experience in this regard :x

Meh 15 mins on train to Castelknock & your at The 12th Lock which show all Leinster games
"My final expression of thanks is to the supporters of both Ireland and Leinster with whom I have shared some special days that I will never forget" - Shane Horgan
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

Scott wrote:
Dexter wrote:

Meh 15 mins on train to Castelknock & your at The 12th Lock which show all Leinster games
12th Lock is the place to watch the early morning kick offs at the RWC. Place is always jammers at 8am for a summer games and do they do a mean breakfast. But get in early.
northsider
Knowledgeable

Post by northsider »

Anyone know if the carpenter near castleknock is likely to favour rugby over football this weekend?
Can I play the piano anymore?
Of course you can.
Well i couldn't before!