Pubs to watch the games..

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

outcast eddie
Mullet

Re: Pubs to watch the games..

Post by outcast eddie »

Very kind Dave, will seek it out. :clap:
The odds are good but the goods are odd.
WexfordBlue
Beginner

Post by WexfordBlue »

Serious question lad's..............what pub in the Dun Laoighaire/Rathdown/D4 area DOESN'T show Leinster matches ?
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

For anyone looking for a pub to watch the Edinburgh game this Friday, The Terenure Inn have BBC Alba tuned in and will definitely have it on.
elfan
Knowledgeable

Post by elfan »

Anyone know any pub in blanch castleknock area showing match tonite? Checked with carpenter and they won't have it.
elfan
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

elfan wrote:Anyone know any pub in blanch castleknock area showing match tonite? Checked with carpenter and they won't have it.
Give the 12th Lock a shout perhaps?
I have Bumbleflex
elfan
Knowledgeable

Post by elfan »

Dave Cahill wrote:
elfan wrote:Anyone know any pub in blanch castleknock area showing match tonite? Checked with carpenter and they won't have it.
Give the 12th Lock a shout perhaps?
Thanks will try that.
elfan
Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Scott »

If the 12th lock has Alba they will show it if you ask them. I know Myos have shown soccer on funny channels so might be worth ringing them to ask if they have it
"My final expression of thanks is to the supporters of both Ireland and Leinster with whom I have shared some special days that I will never forget" - Shane Horgan
elfan
Knowledgeable

Post by elfan »

Scott wrote:

If the 12th lock has Alba they will show it if you ask them. I know Myos have shown soccer on funny channels so might be worth ringing them to ask if they have it
Rang myos and halfway house and both say they will have it. Not a big fan of the lock. More of a restaurant. Thanks for replies
elfan
Amz
Mullet

Post by Amz »

Aye, was in 12th lock during the summer for a Dublin GAA game (Leinster football final) and wasn't impressed. The screens were small and the atmosphere was pants, for a big enough game I thought there would be more of a buzz. I realise a Sunday afternoon will have a different clientele to a Friday night, but still thought at least some of the punters would be watching the game/creating some atmosphere.

Didn't entice me to go for any Leinster games.
Leinster Exile
Mullet

Post by Leinster Exile »

Anyone know what channel the game is on and failing that what pubs might show it in Bristol/Bath or even Wells .....................................
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Leinster Exile wrote:Anyone know what channel the game is on and failing that what pubs might show it in Bristol/Bath or even Wells .....................................
its on TG4, so I'd say the internet is your best bet.
I have Bumbleflex
Leinster Exile
Mullet

Post by Leinster Exile »

Dave Cahill wrote:
Leinster Exile wrote:Anyone know what channel the game is on and failing that what pubs might show it in Bristol/Bath or even Wells .....................................
its on TG4, so I'd say the internet is your best bet.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh fub
awol
Bookworm

Post by awol »

Anyone know any pubs in Rome likely to show the match?
Emailed a batch of em to see and no joy as yet...

Grumble grumble... Mrs Awol timing of weekends away... Grumble.. Sure wouldnt Dublin have better weather this time of year!.. Grumble..
Wexford man stuck in Cork....
Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Scott »

awol wrote:Anyone know any pubs in Rome likely to show the match?

Grumble grumble... Mrs Awol timing of weekends away... Grumble.. Sure wouldnt Dublin have better weather this time of year!.. Grumble..

i have watched Leinster here http://abbey-rome.com/televised-sports-2
"My final expression of thanks is to the supporters of both Ireland and Leinster with whom I have shared some special days that I will never forget" - Shane Horgan
Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Scott »

awol wrote:Anyone know any pubs in Rome likely to show the match?

i have watched Leinster here http://abbey-rome.com/televised-sports-2
awol
Bookworm

Post by awol »

Excellent! And they have it listed on their website... Looks promising, no email address for them but a facebook page, time to leave work!
Wexford man stuck in Cork....
Daithí Mac
Knowledgeable

Post by Daithí Mac »

Leinster Pub in Wicklow Town.
If you're looking to catch any rugby games, call into the Leitrim Lounge in Wicklow Town. I'm just looking for a little feedback here. The owner is considering running buses to games from the Leitrim to the RDS and back and maybe having a few nights with special guests etc. Would there be interest in such a bus service? For away matches there are always a good few supporters around and there are a plethora of big screen HD tvs.
Vayan los azules!!
Cee
Beginner

Post by Cee »

Anyone know a pub in Dun Laoghaire town to watch the Heineken cup this weekend? Don't know Dun Laoghaire very well so any help is appreciated
Viva
Beginner

Post by Viva »

Hi guys ! This question may sound weird but I'm quite new in town and I was wondering what is the best pub to watch rugby here in Dublin. Could you recommend me a place?
Thanks.
Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Scott »

Viva wrote:Hi guys ! This question may sound weird but I'm quite new in town and I was wondering what is the best pub to watch rugby here in Dublin. Could you recommend me a place?
Thanks.

If your from the southern hemisphere The Woolshed on Parnell Street gets plenty of your country men & neighbors. City center can be hit and miss. Plenty of places show the games but may not have much of a crowd/atmosphere. Sinnotts at the top of Grafton street gets a crowd. Davy Byrnes also off Grafton St on Duke st is good for rugby. Baggot Street pubs that show rughy - donaghy & nesbitts/Toners/Searsons. Slatterys on Bath Street is another pub that gets a good crowd. For Leinster games kielys in donnybrook and Horseshoe House in ballsbridge