Arrogance

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Arrogance

Post by Dave Cahill »

I see the chairman of the Turnip Fondlers Association has written to the ERC to complain about the likelihood of "their" semi final against Toulouse being played in Toulouse.
I have Bumbleflex
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :roll: Where'd you see that one? Unreal... If it's true I hope the Catalans are dining on stuffed, mashed and roasted turnip come Saturday evening...
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

INCOMING!
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Re: Arrogance

Post by Flash Gordon »

Dave Cahill wrote:I see the chairman of the Turnip Fondlers Association has written to the ERC to complain about the likelihood of "their" semi final against Toulouse being played in Toulouse.
In fairness, after we've been there, there won't be much of Toulouse left standing and there certainly won't be any beer left! :lol:
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
bluesky
Mullet

Post by bluesky »

Flash Gordon wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:I see the chairman of the Turnip Fondlers Association has written to the ERC to complain about the likelihood of "their" semi final against Toulouse being played in Toulouse.
In fairness, after we've been there, there won't be much of Toulouse l[b]eft [/b]standing and there certainly won't be any beer left! :lol:

Eh planning on rioting in Tolouse, better buy a Celtic jersey, I believe it the uniform de jour for the rioting community!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

bluesky wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:
In fairness, after we've been there, there won't be much of Toulouse l[b]eft [/b]standing and there certainly won't be any beer left! :lol:

Eh planning on rioting in Tolouse, better buy a Celtic jersey, I believe it the uniform de jour for the rioting community!
Perhaps you could lend him your Roy Keane one :lol:
I have Bumbleflex
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

bluesky wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:

Blue, I went to Andrews.......what are the chances of me in a Celtic jersey..... :lol:
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

Blue, I went to Andrews.......what are the chances of me in a Celtic jersey..... :lol:[/quote]

Demot Desmonds tailor will run you up one
A proud Winsome Fluter
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Grumpy Old Man wrote:Blue, I went to Andrews.......what are the chances of me in a Celtic jersey..... :lol:
Demot Desmonds tailor will run you up one[/quote]

Nah, he owns part of Manure and Sellik......not my kind of chap....
bluesky
Mullet

Post by bluesky »

Dave Cahill wrote:
bluesky wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote: In fairness, after we've been there, there won't be much of Toulouse l[b]eft [/b]standing and there certainly won't be any beer left! :lol:

Eh planning on rioting in Toulouse, better buy a Celtic jersey, I believe it the uniform de jour for the rioting community!
Hardy har har har...I didn't buy one. My circa 1994/5/6 Utd Jersey is the only Keano one I will ever own...nearly most prized posession!
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

bluesky wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:
bluesky wrote:

Eh planning on rioting in Toulouse, better buy a Celtic jersey, I believe it the uniform de jour for the rioting community!
Hardy har har har...I didn't buy one. My circa 1994/5/6 Utd Jersey is the only Keano one I will ever own...nearly most prized posession!
What did Dave Cahill do with his shirt when he posed for your Avi Blue?
bluesky
Mullet

Post by bluesky »

Flash Gordon wrote:
bluesky wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote: Perhaps you could lend him your Roy Keane one :lol:
What did Dave Cahill do with his shirt when he posed for your Avi Blue?
Interesting question Flash, he used it for goal posts and then it was stolen by some stalker....
T.C.B.
Seán Cronin

Post by T.C.B. »

Am I the only one who can't see bluesky's avi?
:?
"It's all fun and games 'till someone loses an eye, then it's just fun you can't see" - James Hetfield
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

T.C.B. wrote:Am I the only one who can't see bluesky's avi?
Possibly, I think she should describe it to you. My humble prose couldn't possibly do it justice.

Sorry Blue!
Last edited by Grumpy Old Man on February 28th, 2006, 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A proud Winsome Fluter
bluesky
Mullet

Post by bluesky »

Grumpy Old Man wrote:
Possibly, I think he should describe it to you. My humble prose couldn't possibly do it justice.
For the fifty millionth time....bluesky is a bit feminine a name isn't it....dya think a bloke would have dave as their avi!? Ladyboy indeed!
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

bluesky wrote:
Grumpy Old Man wrote:
Possibly, I think he should describe it to you. My humble prose couldn't possibly do it justice.
For the fifty millionth time....bluesky is a bit feminine a name isn't it....dya think a bloke would have dave as their avi!? Ladyboy indeed!
Dave is such a God that its only natural that he would appeal across the genders. And, being a good Cavan man, he naturally appeals beyond the confines of human admiration. Basically he has a closer that normal affinity with sheep....even for a Cavan man..... :lol:

I can confirm that Blue is indeed a woman......though when she's possessed by the Gordon's I wouldn't get in a fight with her..... :wink:
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

bluesky wrote:dya think a bloke would have dave as their avi!?
dave probably would ;)
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
T.C.B.
Seán Cronin

Post by T.C.B. »

Grumpy Old Man wrote:
Possibly, I think she should describe it to you. My humble prose couldn't possibly do it justice.

Sorry Blue!
Dammit... stupid pc annoying me all bleedin' day... grumble... grumble...
:evil:
"It's all fun and games 'till someone loses an eye, then it's just fun you can't see" - James Hetfield
bluesky
Mullet

Post by bluesky »

Flash Gordon wrote:
bluesky wrote:
Grumpy Old Man wrote: Possibly, I think he should describe it to you. My humble prose couldn't possibly do it justice.
Dave is such a God that its only natural that he would appeal across the genders. And, being a good Cavan man, he naturally appeals beyond the confines of human admiration. Basically he has a closer that normal affinity with sheep....even for a Cavan man..... :lol:

I can confirm that Blue is indeed a woman......though when she's possessed by the Gordon's I wouldn't get in a fight with her..... :wink:
Thanks for the resize Flash, hope it makes you feel better!
Harry
Learner

Post by Harry »

Please read properly you monkeys
:wink:
Letter to E.R.C. from Chairman of Supporters Club

Below is a copy of our recent letter to the ERC. To date, we have not yet received a reply:

Dear Mr. Corcoran,

We write in connection with the Heineken European Cup for the current season, 2005/6 and in particular to the semi-final venues.

We note that the quarter-finals will not be played for some six weeks yet and it is possible that Munster will not be involved in the semi-finals but we would like to bring the following to your attention at this time:

• Your competition rules state:

1(b) Quarter-Finals, Semi-Finals and Final
(i) the Semi-Finals will be played at a venue designated by ERC, with the opponents in each match determined by a draw conducted by ERC .

Your website further states:

The semi-finals will be played on the weekend of 22-23 April at neutral venues with a capacity greater than 20,000 in the country of the team drawn at home.

In 2003/4, Toulouse 's semi-final against Biarritz Olympique Pays Basque was played at Stade Chaban Delmas in Bordeaux as was Toulouse 's semi-final against Munster in the1999/2000 season.

However, in 2002/3, Toulouse 's semi-final against Munster was played in Stadium Municipal in Toulouse .

We write to request that in the event of Toulouse and Munster both winning their respective quarter-final matches, that the recent precedent with regard to semi-finals in France involving Toulouse be followed and that the match be played at a neutral venue such as Bordeaux .

We believe that a semi-final in Toulouse would not be a neutral venue and would be a major unfair advantage to Toulouse should they do well enough to overcome Leinster . I am sure that supporters of USAP would be of a similar opinion.

Due to the large numbers of fans which would travel to see Toulouse V's Munster , should both teams advance through their quarter-finals, we would strongly encourage the ERC to consider Stade de France in Paris for the venue. This would be easily accessible for both sets of supporters and we would be confident that a new attendance record for a Semi Final would be set. There is no reason for ERC to limit their possible revenue to 30,000 seater stadium when in excess of 60,000 people would attend a Paris semi-final.

2.As you are aware, Munster have a very large support and, should Munster overcome USAP in our quarter-final, a large number will travel to the semi-final, wherever it might be held.

To assist our supporters, we request an early decision on the locations of the semi-finals. Last season, your announcement as to semi-final venues was not made until after the quarter-finals which left less than three weeks for supporters to organise and source travel arrangements.

We can only anticipate that you have provisional plans for all possible permutations for the semi-final line-ups with venues for each eventuality. We request that you release this information as soon as possible, but in any event well before the quarter-finals to assist supporters. This information should be of assistance to all supporters of all teams remaining in the competition.

We would welcome your reply at your earliest convenience

Yours faithfully

John Rochford
Chairman
Munster Rugby Supporters Club