Extended Leinster Squad for Connacht

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Extended Leinster Squad for Connacht

Post by limecat »

Forwards (15): Reggie Corrigan, Brian Blaney, Bernard Jackman, David Blaney, Will Green, Emmett Byrne, Ben Gissing, Devin Toner, Adam Byrnes, Bryce Williams, Eric Miller, Keith Gleeson, Jamie Heaslip, Niall Ronan, Cameron Jowitt

Backs (10): Guy Easterby, Brian O'Riordan, Felipe Contepomi, John Hepworth, Kieran Lewis, Jonathan Sexton, Gary Brown, Rob Kearney, Girvan Dempsey, Denis Hickie

It's good to see Jowitts name in there :)
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Re: Extended Leinster Squad for Connacht

Post by Flash Gordon »

limecat wrote:Forwards (15): Reggie Corrigan, Brian Blaney, Bernard Jackman, David Blaney, Will Green, Emmett Byrne, Ben Gissing, Devin Toner, Adam Byrnes, Bryce Williams, Eric Miller, Keith Gleeson, Jamie Heaslip, Niall Ronan, Cameron Jowitt

Backs (10): Guy Easterby, Brian O'Riordan, Felipe Contepomi, John Hepworth, Kieran Lewis, Jonathan Sexton, Gary Brown, Rob Kearney, Girvan Dempsey, Denis Hickie

It's good to see Jowitts name in there :)
And the Swerve...... :D
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

Flash Gordon wrote:And the Swerve...... :D
i thought that went without saying :o
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

limecat wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:And the Swerve...... :D
i thought that went without saying :o
Well, Mrs Swerve was saying the total Ledge wasn't training with the boys today..... :cry:
fungalboy
Graduate

Post by fungalboy »

total ledges don't need to train... NB Fergus Slattery/Blanco
"They play a running game, we play a running game..." Sky Sports Two 23/1/06
"There is only one Girve the Swerve..." Sky Sports Two 31/3/06
"What disappointment? We did everything we could do tonight..." Newstalk 106 26/5/06
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

fungalboy wrote:total ledges don't need to train... NB Fergus Slattery/Blanco
Blanco DID train. His routine comprised of 60 Gaulloise and a stiff ricard. :lol:

Not sure on Slatts, are you not thinking about Willie Duggan who once famously answered a question on warming up for training with the statement (as he lit a smoke in the dressing room) "sure I had the heating on in the car"......Total Ledge!
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

Flash Gordon wrote:
Blanco DID train. His routine comprised of 60 Gaulloise and a stiff ricard. :lol:

Not sure on Slatts, are you not thinking about Willie Duggan who once famously answered a question on warming up for training with the statement (as he lit a smoke in the dressing room) "sure I had the heating on in the car"......Total Ledge!
He also said that if it wasn't for the fags he'd be offside all the time :!: :lol:
A proud Winsome Fluter
fungalboy
Graduate

Post by fungalboy »

Grumpy Old Man wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:

He also said that if it wasn't for the fags he'd be offside all the time :!: :lol:
i stand corrected.

Who was it who siad that the Irish teams of the 1970's warmed up by doing two laps around Barry Mcgann :?:
"They play a running game, we play a running game..." Sky Sports Two 23/1/06
"There is only one Girve the Swerve..." Sky Sports Two 31/3/06
"What disappointment? We did everything we could do tonight..." Newstalk 106 26/5/06
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

The warm ups are too much these days. I'd be knackered after the warm ups that the pro teams do. I was watching John Hayes warm up prior to Ireland V Wales and the guy was struggling to do the shoulder rolls, let alone more energetic stuff. I think they've got carried away with the warm ups. Couple of laps, couple of stretches and then some light contact. And as for the exercise bikes on the side of the pitch - WOULD YOU FOCK OFF!
ribs
Mullet

Post by ribs »

Duff Paddy wrote:The warm ups are too much these days. I'd be knackered after the warm ups that the pro teams do. I was watching John Hayes warm up prior to Ireland V Wales and the guy was struggling to do the shoulder rolls, let alone more energetic stuff. I think they've got carried away with the warm ups. Couple of laps, couple of stretches and then some light contact. And as for the exercise bikes on the side of the pitch - WOULD YOU FOCK OFF!
Disagree - when you're fit you recover from the warm up very quickly (by the time the match starts). However, you open your lungs properly and put your body into a high alert state so when you start the match you don't struggle after just 5 minutes with your body in shock. We all know the idea of a "second wind" - this is the same idea.
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

You think Reggie and Bull are fit?
ribs
Mullet

Post by ribs »

Duff Paddy wrote:You think Reggie and Bull are fit?
Well okay then - perhaps its for the other 13 players then :D

Actually, until recently I would have said yes to you. Fitness doesn't mean speed but the ability to maintain a solid effort over a sustained period of time. I haven't noticed Bull struggling to get onside or move with the defensive line - on the contrary, he seems to manage to get to defend the sides of most opposition ruck ball which suggests that he has more in the tank that you or I expect.
sewa
Mullet

Post by sewa »

ribs wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:You think Reggie and Bull are fit?
Well okay then - perhaps its for the other 13 players then :D

Actually, until recently I would have said yes to you. Fitness doesn't mean speed but the ability to maintain a solid effort over a sustained period of time. I haven't noticed Bull struggling to get onside or move with the defensive line - on the contrary, he seems to manage to get to defend the sides of most opposition ruck ball which suggests that he has more in the tank that you or I expect.
Well said ribs. Last season Hayes played through with a niggling injury and should have turned down the Lions tour to rest instead. This season he is back to his best.
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

sewa wrote:Last season Hayes played through with a niggling injury and should have turned down the Lions tour to rest instead. This season he is back to his best.
So on top of withdrawing his availability for Ireland, now he's turning down the ultimate playing accolade so he can be fit for his provincial side....?

His best what ? His best rendition of Julie Andrews numbers.... ? His best Benito Mussolini impression? Are you crackers? The guy is a trojan for playing through the pain match after match for a couple of seasons, but he is a shadow of his (excellent) former self. Only the most one-eyed, rugby-blind eejit would compare today's Hayes to that guy of 4-5 years ago. What?... Oh.
sewa
Mullet

Post by sewa »

jezzer wrote:
sewa wrote:Last season Hayes played through with a niggling injury and should have turned down the Lions tour to rest instead. This season he is back to his best.
So on top of withdrawing his availability for Ireland, now he's turning down the ultimate playing accolade so he can be fit for his provincial side....?

His best what ? His best rendition of Julie Andrews numbers.... ? His best Benito Mussolini impression? Are you crackers? The guy is a trojan for playing through the pain match after match for a couple of seasons, but he is a shadow of his (excellent) former self. Only the most one-eyed, rugby-blind eejit would compare today's Hayes to that guy of 4-5 years ago. What?... Oh.
He is playing superbly. You lot all said The Worlds Strongest Man Sheridan would murder him in TP. What a joke that turned out to be.
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

sewa wrote:He is playing superbly. You lot all said The Worlds Strongest Man Sheridan would murder him in TP. What a joke that turned out to be.
Not me, as it happens. In any event, his not getting shown up in the scrum in one game against a player (that this 6N proves is overrated) is surely not the basis for your contention that he is as good as or better than the Bull of old? I've got the utmost respect for him as a player and a sporting icon, but there's a certain irony to your dislike of EOS's loyalty towards players whose best games may be behind them.
sewa
Mullet

Post by sewa »

jezzer wrote:
sewa wrote:He is playing superbly. You lot all said The Worlds Strongest Man Sheridan would murder him in TP. What a joke that turned out to be.
Not me, as it happens. In any event, his not getting shown up in the scrum in one game against a player (that this 6N proves is overrated) is surely not the basis for your contention that he is as good as or better than the Bull of old? I've got the utmost respect for him as a player and a sporting icon, but there's a certain irony to your dislike of EOS's loyalty towards players whose best games may be behind them.
Perhaps he isnt as sprightly as say three or four years ago but the man is an animal prop. I think some posters expect props to run around like back row forwards and apart from the very odd exception to the rule thats not possible.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

If you want to see what prop should look like and how he should play, watch Will Green - tough scrummager, good lifter and always up with the play - he had one of his finest games vs Bath. Was absolutely outstanding. True professional.
sewa
Mullet

Post by sewa »

Flash Gordon wrote:If you want to see what prop should look like and how he should play, watch Will Green - tough scrummager, good lifter and always up with the play - he had one of his finest games vs Bath. Was absolutely outstanding. True professional.
I agree about Green. Looks a very good buy. Strong and commited. Why Wasps let him go is beyond me when you look at how poor they are now.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

sewa wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:If you want to see what prop should look like and how he should play, watch Will Green - tough scrummager, good lifter and always up with the play - he had one of his finest games vs Bath. Was absolutely outstanding. True professional.
I agree about Green. Looks a very good buy. Strong and commited. Why Wasps let him go is beyond me when you look at how poor they are now.
Totally, very perculiar move on their part..... :?