Look who I found!!!

#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Rémy63
Bookworm

Re: Back to back V Clermont

Post by Rémy63 »

Logorrhea wrote:Domingo got a tap on the head after Ross picked him up and drove him back in one scrum. I saw it and thought it was unnecessary. Outside of that I doubt there was much there though you'd imagine the likes of Hines, Heaslip and Darcy were mixing it up as they usually do. Maybe thats what he was talking about but I didnt think there was any niggl ein the game. It was tense, hugely physical and pretty dramatic but it never really looked like blowing over.

Incidently I was very impressed with how they Clermont fans were quiet for Sextons kicking. Its not the tradition over there so it would be the equivilent of us clapping for their kickers over here. We probably wouldnt do it. Class stuff from a class bunch of fans. Looking forward to meeting them again over here next week.
About the "lack of respect", i didn't notice anything during the game in the marcel-Michelin. It was a tough game with huge hits and you derserved your bonus point (although i would have prefered not) and us our victory. I can't wait for next saturday and i'll go in Dublin again as in April. A really good way to enjoy my birthday :D

Clapping is our way of encouraging our kicker and the silence is made to respect the opposing kicker as it should always be in France.

Anyway, i can't wait to discover the new Aviva Stadium and to enjoy a beer (or more) with you guys !!
"Worst Olympic Game Ever"
Vamos los azules
Mullet

Post by Vamos los azules »

johnmcg wrote:A great trip was rounded off by a disaster in the airport - long story short, a flight due to land in Dublin at 9pm last night got in at 05:40 this morning. The lads from Killester travel did their best in tough circumstances though providing pizza for the masses. Could have done without the mince meat one though, mank.
Turns out the team stole the plane we were supposed to be on, which is fair enough I suppose because if they were in the same state this morning as I am in I wouldn't fancy their chances on Saturday.
Hope the team appreciated our sacrifice for them because I am also feeling this pain today, although fortunately I didn't partake of the mince meat pizza which sounds like a good call.
"You can’t defend like the boss one week and the cookie man the next".
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

johnmcg wrote:Great performance from the team. Clermont fans are a friendly bunch outside of the Cauldron that is Stade Marcel-Michelin. I thought the Vuvuzela was the most annoying device fans could bring to games until this trip. The clermont fans use these cardboard fans to make a loud clacking sound during the match, highly irritating especially when smacked off the back of your head. If anyone suggests getting them for Leinster they should be shot.
A great trip was rounded off by a disaster in the airport - long story short, a flight due to land in Dublin at 9pm last night got in at 05:40 this morning. The lads from Killester travel did their best in tough circumstances though providing pizza for the masses. Could have done without the mince meat one though, mank.
Turns out the team stole the plane we were supposed to be on, which is fair enough I suppose because if they were in the same state this morning as I am in I wouldn't fancy their chances on Saturday.
Spoken like "True Blues"
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
TrapperChamonix
Mullet

Post by TrapperChamonix »

BOD better hurry back

HC record try scorers
30 Vincent Clerc
29 Dafydd James
28 Brian O'Driscoll
27 Shane Horgan
24 Ben Cohen
24 Michel Marfaing
23 Gordon D'Arcy
23 Anthony Foley
23 Geordan Murphy
23 Tom Voyce
Never argue with an idiot. Someone looking on may not be able tell the difference
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

Is that the actual Anthony Foley or the usual addition to any statistical list.
8M LEINSTAW
Bookworm

Post by 8M LEINSTAW »

Logorrhea wrote:Is that the actual Anthony Foley or the usual addition to any statistical list.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cubs fan, Bud man.
VGE
Graduate

Post by VGE »

Really hope you enjoyed the show.

Be sure that many of us are getting Leinster's fans (when ASM doesn't play)

We would be proud to get a huge performance next saturday... a mixture of hope and fear anyway.

Au revoir.
(...) je souhaite que la Providence veille sur la France, pour son bonheur, pour son bien et pour sa grandeur. Au revoir !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9PjBgWO ... ata_player
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

VGE wrote:Really hope you enjoyed the show.

Be sure that many of us are getting Leinster's fans (when ASM doesn't play)

We would be proud to get a huge performance next saturday... a mixture of hope and fear anyway.

Au revoir.
Having made a few trips to France, I was sad to miss this one, to one of the best teams in Europe. But it was an amazing game and an amazing set of fans. We both like to play rugby as it should be played - leave the boring stuff to Munster and Brive! See you in Dublin for Chapter 3 of the story!
Proudleinsterman
Knowledgeable

Post by Proudleinsterman »

Jaunard,

I don't really believe that any professional player takes seriously what is said in the heat of battle. At the final whistle both teams knew they had been in a great match and there seemed to be plenty of respect for each other. It's not as if there had been fights breaking out all over the park. Added to that I thought the match was played in a great spirit - very very hard but fair. Apart from that hit on Sexton!
There is a hugh amount of respect for the Clermont team and fans, it's a pity Cotter has to resort to such rubbish to rouse his team but this is a compliment to Leinster because we obviouly have them worried.

I think Cotter is playing a dangerous game, one which could backfire on him! You don't accuse a good team like Leinster of unsporting behaviour before you have to play them in their backyard. If something was really said would it not have been better to keep it inhouse. Why raise it as an issue unless Cotter is trying to generate a war of words.
Proudleinsterman
Knowledgeable

Remy63,

You will be made very welcome, but I hope you go home disapppointed after having drown your sorrows with a few beers.

PS Bon Anniversaire mon ami.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Proudleinsterman wrote:Jaunard,

I don't really believe that any professional player takes seriously what is said in the heat of battle. At the final whistle both teams knew they had been in a great match and there seemed to be plenty of respect for each other. It's not as if there had been fights breaking out all over the park. Added to that I thought the match was played in a great spirit - very very hard but fair. Apart from that hit on Sexton!
There is a hugh amount of respect for the Clermont team and fans, it's a pity Cotter has to resort to such rubbish to rouse his team but this is a compliment to Leinster because we obviouly have them worried.

I think Cotter is playing a dangerous game, one which could backfire on him! You don't accuse a good team like Leinster of unsporting behaviour before you have to play them in their backyard. If something was really said would it not have been better to keep it inhouse. Why raise it as an issue unless Cotter is trying to generate a war of words.
Or he's worried - Let's hope he's worried.
As Joe would say - How worried is he?
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
VGE
Graduate

Post by VGE »

I'd especially like to congratulate Hines: How do you say "casse-couilles" in english?

Au revoir.
(...) je souhaite que la Providence veille sur la France, pour son bonheur, pour son bien et pour sa grandeur. Au revoir !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9PjBgWO ... ata_player
Sauvignon Blank
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sauvignon Blank »

VGE wrote:I'd especially like to congratulate Hines: How do you say "casse-couilles" in english?

Au revoir.

Casse-couilles in English is 'A pain in the ass'. He most certainly is a 'Casse-couilles' VGE :lol: He is one tough Hombré.
3 Gold Stars
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Sauvignon Blank wrote:
VGE wrote:I'd especially like to congratulate Hines: How do you say "casse-couilles" in english?

Au revoir.

Casse-couilles in English is 'A pain in the ass'. He most certainly is a 'Casse-couilles' VGE :lol: He is one tough Hombré.
Sure didn't he play for a french club, how do you think he learned to be a "Casse-couille" :wink:
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

Match Report

Rarely have injuries come in such bunches and at such inopportune moments, but it seems that Leinster are always left without a full strength squad following the Autumn Internationals. Blame could, and probably should, be pointed at Declan Kidney, who insisted on risking both D'Arcy and O'Driscoll after both Kearney and Fitzgerald were ruled out indefinitely. Only the former survived the battle fit, and O'Driscoll was limited to sideline influence in France at the weekend.

Read more...
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
Jaunard
Learner

Post by Jaunard »

Come on Leinsterman it's just words.
Words thrown away for the press and us fans to catch them and chew them. He and Schmidt have know each other for such a long time...
As as I said it's not his habit, but it's quite commonplace in this sport, and it's certainly not insulting. Remember we are the mavericks in this competition, trying to make a point. We have lost so many finals always showing the other cheek just to get nailed...
You know what it comes down to in the end : it's all about what the players show on the field.
And we all know both teams have more than enough arguments.

Oh yeah what did the Frenchman once say ?
"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea. Thank you very much."
:D
Proudleinsterman
Knowledgeable

Jaunard, how many Clermont fans will travel? At least this time they can enjoy a decent stadium.

Enjoy your trip, but hopefully not too much :wink:
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Post by nelly the elephant »

Jaunard wrote:

Come on Leinsterman it's just words.
Words thrown away for the press and us fans to catch them and chew them. He and Schmidt have know each other for such a long time...
As as I said it's not his habit, but it's quite commonplace in this sport, and it's certainly not insulting. Remember we are the mavericks in this competition, trying to make a point. We have lost so many finals always showing the other cheek just to get nailed...
You know what it comes down to in the end : it's all about what the players show on the field.
And we all know both teams have more than enough arguments.

Oh yeah what did the Frenchman once say ?
"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea. Thank you very much."

:D
Trés bien mon Ami.......formidable. :lol: :happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper:
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......
Panasonic
Beginner

Post by Panasonic »

ILOVELEINSTER wrote:That'll do!! Great game, cannot wait now for next week. Fingers crossed not too many injuries. Most exciting game of rugby I've seen in ages. :happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper:
:wink: may be 9th April 2010 at RDS ?