Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

Flash Gordon wrote:
epaddy wrote:Image

The scene for Leinsters greatest ever win please god
That's not the Millenium Stadium...... :wink:
Now don’t get me wrong obviously winning the HEC will be the pinnacle but you can’t get a better win then away against Toulouse. No matter who we play from there on in it only gets easier. Munster in Lansdowne, we know we are better and Biarritz/Leicester on Neutral ground is not as intimidating at ST away
*** image removed by mod ***

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter
TrueBlue
Enlightened

Post by TrueBlue »

That's not the Millenium Stadium......
Classic :lol: :lol: :lol:
Leinster-Heineken European Cup Champions 2007
TrueBlue
Enlightened

Post by TrueBlue »

Munster in Lansdowne
Personally, i would see this as the greatest victory for Leinster. While it may be on paper the easier match, you have to take into account the fact that Munster have been so close before, and they would not want to lose in the semi's, and to Leinster of all teams.

Also, this victory would require a greater mentality than beating Toulouse, given the above fact, and the fact that we have only been in the situation once (Perpignan), and we choked. Also, it will require enormous character to beat Munster in their (supposidly) season of glory.....

...who am I kidding..i just want to stuff Kidney in the semi's, and show that CLASS wins every time!!!
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

TrueBlue wrote:
Munster in Lansdowne
Personally, i would see this as the greatest victory for Leinster. While it may be on paper the easier match, you have to take into account the fact that Munster have been so close before, and they would not want to lose in the semi's, and to Leinster of all teams.

Also, this victory would require a greater mentality than beating Toulouse, given the above fact, and the fact that we have only been in the situation once (Perpignan), and we choked. Also, it will require enormous character to beat Munster in their (supposidly) season of glory.....

...who am I kidding..i just want to stuff Kidney in the semi's, and show that CLASS wins every time!!!
On reflection I shouldnt have said Munster, cause USAP are a very good side and have every chnace of beating them. A semi with Munster would be the biggest match in the history of domestic rugby possibley even sport in this country. But beating Toulouse would be harder

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter
TrueBlue
Enlightened

Post by TrueBlue »

But beating Toulouse would be harder
On skill alone yes, but with all in all i wouldnt think so...

...we'll laugh at this when it's a Leinster - Perpignan semi... :wink:
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

epaddy wrote:Image

The scene for Leinsters greatest ever win please god
Doesn't seem to have much grass on it. The side pirch looks much better. They must play the Toulouse schools cup and mini league on the main pitch.
A proud Winsome Fluter
Imperial Mongoonybus
Knowledgeable

Post by Imperial Mongoonybus »

It's a massive ask to beat Toulouse away. It'll require a monumental performance.

Munster would not be an easy touch either.
sewa
Mullet

Post by sewa »

Ahhh sure we'd be so sure you'd beat us we'd probably concede the game before hand.
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

sewa wrote:Ahhh sure we'd be so sure you'd beat us we'd probably concede the game before hand.
that'd take all the fun out of it :(
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
sewa
Mullet

Post by sewa »

limecat wrote:
sewa wrote:Ahhh sure we'd be so sure you'd beat us we'd probably concede the game before hand.
that'd take all the fun out of it :(
In the interest of the competition it would be only fair that we let the Galaticos represent us in the final.
ruck
Rhys Ruddock

Post by ruck »

[quote="TrueBlue"]it will require enormous character to beat Munster in their (supposidly) season of glory.....

[quote]
season of glory? who said that it was our season of glory? i hope you're joking. at the start of the season i said to many that i view this as a transitional season, and i still do. we've done rather well while developing some new talent along the way, but imo, we are not the finished article and this is not our season of glory.

we still need to bring through FB cover, at least another wing and centre option also before we have any real chance of winning the HEC.

i'd have been a little more confident if we hadn't lost Barry Murphy to injury, on our day, we COULD have beaten anyone, but i still thought we had a long way to go.

season of glory my hole.
I am the one who knocks!
TrueBlue
Enlightened

Post by TrueBlue »

season of glory my hole.
seems i touched a nerve... :shock:

after the Castres game away when Munster ran in 7/8 tries, i got the feeling from talking to numerous Munster fans that now with some backs with pace and skill, this would finally be their year to take it home....

...obviously this does not apply to all Munster fans...
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

ruck wrote:
TrueBlue wrote:it will require enormous character to beat Munster in their (supposidly) season of glory.....
season of glory? who said that it was our season of glory? i hope you're joking. at the start of the season i said to many that i view this as a transitional season, and i still do. we've done rather well while developing some new talent along the way, but imo, we are not the finished article and this is not our season of glory.

we still need to bring through FB cover, at least another wing and centre option also before we have any real chance of winning the HEC.

i'd have been a little more confident if we hadn't lost Barry Murphy to injury, on our day, we COULD have beaten anyone, but i still thought we had a long way to go.

season of glory my hole.
Focks sake, is their any team that ISN'T in transition this year!!!! :?

PS think your assessment is right Ruck.......
PPS Turnips are STILL 3 for 99cent in Tescos.....
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
sewa
Mullet

Post by sewa »

TrueBlue wrote:
season of glory my hole.
seems i touched a nerve... :shock:

after the Castres game away when Munster ran in 7/8 tries, i got the feeling from talking to numerous Munster fans that now with some backs with pace and skill, this would finally be their year to take it home....

...obviously this does not apply to all Munster fans...
Unfortunately we have yet to see Cullen back in action and Barry Murphy is a huge loss at 13.
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

I think you'll beat Perpignan soundly at Lansdowne Road, Ruck, not sure what the doom & gloom is about. The forwards will be on song after having been together (most of them) during the 6N. Your backs aren't lightening quick, true, but they're not as shoite as we like to pretend they are.
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

ckav wrote:I think you'll beat Perpignan soundly at Lansdowne Road, Ruck, not sure what the doom & gloom is about. The forwards will be on song after having been together (most of them) during the 6N. Your backs aren't lightening quick, true, but they're not as shoite as we like to pretend they are.
I tink you are underrating Perpignan

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

epaddy wrote:
ckav wrote:I think you'll beat Perpignan soundly at Lansdowne Road, Ruck, not sure what the doom & gloom is about. The forwards will be on song after having been together (most of them) during the 6N. Your backs aren't lightening quick, true, but they're not as shoite as we like to pretend they are.
Possibly, yes. Time will tell. Either way, I'm pretty pessimistic about our chances in Toulouse, and I'd be more optimistic that Munster will win in Lansdowne Road. This doesn't make me happy... :cry:
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

ckav wrote:
epaddy wrote:
Possibly, yes. Time will tell. Either way, I'm pretty pessimistic about our chances in Toulouse, and I'd be more optimistic that Munster will win in Lansdowne Road. This doesn't make me happy... :cry:
Would you prefer if Munster lost as well?
A proud Winsome Fluter