81%

Total votes: 31

ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

Grumpy Old Man wrote:
ckav wrote:
epaddy wrote: I tink you are underrating Perpignan
Possibly, yes. Time will tell. Either way, I'm pretty pessimistic about our chances in Toulouse, and I'd be more optimistic that Munster will win in Lansdowne Road. This doesn't make me happy... :cry:
Would you prefer if Munster lost as well?[/quote]

Quite simply, I don't care. Leinster are my priority and my team. Why would it matter what happens in a different match? I won't be concentrating on any other match but Leinster's , that weekend, and I certainly won't be rushing to watch the other 1/4 after our own is finished - not if the sun is shining in Toulouse and there's wine to be had!
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

ckav wrote:
Grumpy Old Man wrote:
ckav wrote: Possibly, yes. Time will tell. Either way, I'm pretty pessimistic about our chances in Toulouse, and I'd be more optimistic that Munster will win in Lansdowne Road. This doesn't make me happy... :cry:
Would you prefer if Munster lost as well?[/quote]

Quite simply, I don't care. Leinster are my priority and my team. Why would it matter what happens in a different match? I won't be concentrating on any other match but Leinster's , that weekend, and I certainly won't be rushing to watch the other 1/4 after our own is finished - not if the sun is shining in Toulouse and there's wine to be had!
[/quote]

One doesn't expect a lady to rush, glide gracefully perhaps (although difficult in those shoes) but certainly not rush. :lol:
A proud Winsome Fluter
ruck
Rhys Ruddock

Post by ruck »

ckav wrote:I think you'll beat Perpignan soundly at Lansdowne Road, Ruck, not sure what the doom & gloom is about. The forwards will be on song after having been together (most of them) during the 6N. Your backs aren't lightening quick, true, but they're not as shoite as we like to pretend they are.
i think we'll beat USAP also Ckav, but not as convincingly as some people seem to think. without Barry Murphy, our backline will most likely revert to the problems we've been suffering with for the last few years, and that was what caused our failures in the final stages. it's all well and good having Dowling on the wing who is a vast improvement on Hoggie, and Payne or Cullen at fullback, the problem is though, how are we going to the get ball to them? I'm hugely concerned that we are going to see a Halstead/Connolly centre partnership and that is truly terrifying for a team in the knock out stages
I am the one who knocks!
sewa
Mullet

Post by sewa »

ruck wrote:
ckav wrote:I think you'll beat Perpignan soundly at Lansdowne Road, Ruck, not sure what the doom & gloom is about. The forwards will be on song after having been together (most of them) during the 6N. Your backs aren't lightening quick, true, but they're not as shoite as we like to pretend they are.
i think we'll beat USAP also Ckav, but not as convincingly as some people seem to think. without Barry Murphy, our backline will most likely revert to the problems we've been suffering with for the last few years, and that was what caused our failures in the final stages. it's all well and good having Dowling on the wing who is a vast improvement on Hoggie, and Payne or Cullen at fullback, the problem is though, how are we going to the get ball to them? I'm hugely concerned that we are going to see a Halstead/Connolly centre partnership and that is truly terrifying for a team in the knock out stages
Looking at Perpignan's performance with 14 men the weekend its going to be very very difficult. There pack are superb.
ruck
Rhys Ruddock

Post by ruck »

hopefully Micko can provide some valuable insight into the teams strengths and weaknesses. anyways, i'm done with the munster hi-jack, ladies and ladyboys, good luck in toulouse
I am the one who knocks!
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

ruck wrote:hopefully Micko can provide some valuable insight into the teams strengths and weaknesses. anyways, i'm done with the munster hi-jack, ladies and ladyboys, good luck in toulouse
And all the best in Dublin ruck, this is one Leinster fan that will be cheering Munster on
*** image removed by mod ***

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

epaddy wrote:
ruck wrote:hopefully Micko can provide some valuable insight into the teams strengths and weaknesses. anyways, i'm done with the munster hi-jack, ladies and ladyboys, good luck in toulouse
And all the best in Dublin ruck, this is one Leinster fan that will be cheering Munster on
And heres another.
A proud Winsome Fluter
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

epaddy wrote:

Ah feck, it, go on so, I'll cheer them on too. :)
ruck
Rhys Ruddock

Post by ruck »

ckav wrote:
epaddy wrote:

noooooo, you're not allowed, you'll jinx us :lol:
I am the one who knocks!
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

ruck wrote:
ckav wrote:
epaddy wrote: And all the best in Dublin ruck, this is one Leinster fan that will be cheering Munster on

Probably would too!
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

ckav wrote:
ruck wrote:
ckav wrote:
Probably would too!
I love it when a plan comes together :lol:
A proud Winsome Fluter
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

ckav wrote:
epaddy wrote:

I won't.......its all about Leinster. I want us to win the competition and that's all that matters. i think if we go through in Toulouse (and in all honesty, I think that's an unlikely scenario) I'd rather play Perpignan. A game against Turnipstan will turn into a lottery because of the derby factor and is likely to become a physical onslaught.

Besides we have unfinished business with Perpignan.........
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

Perpignan beat Toulouse 15-13 on Saturday :?

Weakened Toulouse side, but I don't think they are playing too well these days.
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
Ladyboys oh Ladyboys :wink:
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

Wow drawing a lot closer. Flying out on the Thursday, cant wait. Good to hear Toulouse or losing. I hear Jauzion will be back :cry:
*** image removed by mod ***

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Darce wrote:Browner would be best off makin the long journey south this summer. and Deccy loved him last year.
So did Bluesky..... :twisted:
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

Flash Gordon wrote:
Darce wrote:Browner would be best off makin the long journey south this summer. and Deccy loved him last year.
So did Bluesky..... :twisted:

Ohhhhhhhhh that's naughty! Flash, that's a bit risque, even for you!
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

harryp wrote:Perpignan beat Toulouse 15-13 on Saturday :?

Harry - after our last 2 <ahem> performances, we're hardly setting the world alight ourselves. :?
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

Leinsterman wrote:

Harry - after our last 2 <ahem> performances, we're hardly setting the world alight ourselves. :?
I know that, just trying to improve morale after Pavlova's recent day out at the Beach.
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Leinsterman wrote:

I have to say that given our recent performances and the facts that our backs (over the course of the 6 nations), didn't really fire - exception being Shaggy in the last game - I'm pretty worried. On form, we will be slaughtered in Toulouse...... :cry:
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

Ordinarily I'd agree with you on that Flash, but Toulouse haven't been upto much recently.

They only have 5 or 6 players in the French side, they don't supply players to France A or U21 generally. Those who have played for France have been well below their best, with maybe the exception of Fritz & Nyanga.

Couple that with the French season. This is the longest part of their season. Weakened squads, games each weak, injuries setting in. All French sides are pretty tired right now. We in comparison are pretty fresh, but lacking in a little competitive match practice.

Toulouse are 2nd in French League, and will have half an eye on Biarritz over the next few weeks as well. We may sneak in under the Radar.
Ladyboys, Ladyboys