Bryce Williams for Bourgoin?

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Bryce Williams for Bourgoin?

Post by Flash Gordon »

French media reporting that Bryce signed a 2 year contract this week....
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

Shoite. :cry:

Heard him interviewed a few weeks ago, seemed happy with Leinster & Dublin. Waiting to start contract negotiations.
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
Ladyboys oh Ladyboys :wink:
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

http://www.rugbyrama.com/asp/une.asp

This is the full article.

Bourgoin se renforce
OAS_AD('Position2');Bourgoin a fait signer mercredi le deuxième ligne du SU Agen Damien Fèvre et un autre deuxième ligne néo-zélandais venu du Leinster Bryce Williams pour respectivement trois et deux ans. Fèvre, qui a joué en novembre en équipe de France A, et Williams, qui compte quatre sélections avec les All Blacks, auront notamment pour tâche la saison prochaine de pallier le départ de l'international Pascal Papé. Afin de préparer l'avenir, Bourgoin a aussi obtenu la signature pour deux ans du jeune deuxième ligne écossais Mark Rennie (23 ans), qui évoluait jusque-là au Lyon OU. Enfin, à l'essai depuis le 23 janvier, le trois-quarts centre néo-zélandais Joël Iggo a convaincu l'encadrement isérois et pourrait ainsi signer rapidement un contrat jusqu'à la fin de la saison, comme joueur supplémentaire. Il est issu du centre de formation des Canterbury Crusaders, équipe néo-zélandaise du Super 14.

With thanks to Leo at Turnipstan.com
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

Flash Gordon wrote: Bourgoin se renforce
OAS_AD('Position2');Bourgoin a fait signer mercredi le deuxième ligne du SU Agen Damien Fèvre et un autre deuxième ligne néo-zélandais venu du Leinster Bryce Williams pour respectivement trois et deux ans. Fèvre, qui a joué en novembre en équipe de France A, et Williams, qui compte quatre sélections avec les All Blacks, auront notamment pour tâche la saison prochaine de pallier le départ de l'international Pascal Papé. Afin de préparer l'avenir, Bourgoin a aussi obtenu la signature pour deux ans du jeune deuxième ligne écossais Mark Rennie (23 ans), qui évoluait jusque-là au Lyon OU. Enfin, à l'essai depuis le 23 janvier, le trois-quarts centre néo-zélandais Joël Iggo a convaincu l'encadrement isérois et pourrait ainsi signer rapidement un contrat jusqu'à la fin de la saison, comme joueur supplémentaire. Il est issu du centre de formation des Canterbury Crusaders, équipe néo-zélandaise du Super 14.
Well that clears it up then :?
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

Duff Paddy wrote:Well that clears it up then :?
not sure if this makes it any clearer :roll:
OAS_AD(' Position2');Bourgoin made sign Wednesday the second line of KNOWN Agen Damien Fèvre and another second line New Zealander come from Leinster Bryce Williams for respectively three and two years. Boilerman, who played in November in team of France A, and Williams, which counts four selections with All Blacks, will have in particular as a task the next season to mitigate the departure of the international Pascal Papé. In order to prepare the future, Bourgoin also obtained the signature for two years of the young second line shelled Mark Rennie (23 years), which evolved/moved up to that point in Lyon OR. Lastly, with the test since January 23, the New Zealand centre three-quarter Joel Iggo convinced the framing isérois and could thus quickly sign a contract until the end of the season, as additional player. It results from the center of formation of Canterbury Crusaders, team New Zealand from Super the 14.
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

limecat wrote: not sure if this makes it any clearer :roll:
Eh, 10/10 for effort anyway!
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

See if this helps, from Bourgoin Rugby
http://www.csbj-rugby.fr/actualite.php?art=56

01/03/2006 : Communiqué de presse
Le recrutement pour les prochaines saisons bat son plein
Joël Iggo jusqu'à la fin de la saison et 3 "deuxième ligne" pour les prochaines saisons ont signé un contrat pour évoluer au sein du CSBJ Rugby. Le recrutement du CSBJ avance à grand pas et avec efficacité.

La deuxième ligne se renforce pour les saisons futures :
Après le départ annoncé de Pascal Papé à la fin de la saison , l’arrêt de Yohann Charlon, Pierre Raschi le manager sportif du CSBJ Rugby s’est rapidement mis en chasse pour renforcer la 2ème ligne Berjallienne. Celle-ci avait déjà beaucoup de qualités avec Julien Pierre (France A) , Carlo Del Fava (International Italien) et Anthony Mazel mais était trop juste en effectif.
Damien Fevre qui évolue au SU Agen et qui a joué au mois de novembre en France A avec Julien Pierre a signé un contrat de 3 saisons avec les Ciel et Grenat.
Bryce Williams qui évolue au Leinster et qui a 4 sélections avec les Blacks, (il a notamment joué contre les Lions Britannique en juin 2005) a signé un contrat de 2 saisons avec les Ciel et Grenat.
Mark Rennie qui évolue au Lou et qui est international moins de 21 ans Ecossais a signé un contrat de 2 saisons avec les Ciel et Grenat.

Bryce Williams
Né le 14/04/1980
Nationalité : néo-zélandaise
Taille : 2,01 m
Poids : 112 kilos
Poste : 2ème ligne
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

I'm not sure it's a bad thing - I wasn't that wildly impressed with the guy and I think we need a tougher, bulkier partner for Byrnes at lock. Noticed he sometimes failed to catch the ball cleanly in the lineout, VERY committed tackler around the fringes to be fair, but very little ball-carrying and a bit light for our pack.

I imagine he's only going because we're happy to let him go. Sure Bourgoin are probably paying a bit more, but he'd have a better chance of league/cup honours with Leinster.

Wish him luck and look forward to the official Leinster announcement in a couple of months time :wink:
Uncle Mort
Shane Horgan

Post by Uncle Mort »

I wonder if our silent watcher has anything to add?
"I don't think Edinburgh is the place it used to be"
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Uncle Mort wrote:I wonder if our silent watcher has anything to add?
I'll save him the trouble of typing......"no comment at this stage".... :wink:
CM
Mullet

Post by CM »

Not that surprising. He was only signed on a 1 year contract and only because Byrnes was injured. Don't forget Jowitt wasn't on contract and given that we were looking for a backrower that could play 2nd row, not just a 2nd row, when Williams was signed then Jowitt may be the one taking his contract.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

CM wrote:Not that surprising. He was only signed on a 1 year contract and only because Byrnes was injured. Don't forget Jowitt wasn't on contract and given that we were looking for a backrower that could play 2nd row, not just a 2nd row, when Williams was signed then Jowitt may be the one taking his contract.
A lock come backrower......I know one of those.....what was his name again? The guy with the European cup winner's medal.....hmmmmm
CM
Mullet

Post by CM »

Flash Gordon wrote:
CM wrote:Not that surprising. He was only signed on a 1 year contract and only because Byrnes was injured. Don't forget Jowitt wasn't on contract and given that we were looking for a backrower that could play 2nd row, not just a 2nd row, when Williams was signed then Jowitt may be the one taking his contract.
A lock come backrower......I know one of those.....what was his name again? The guy with the European cup winner's medal.....hmmmmm
Who was s**t when at Leinster and hasn't accepted any offers to return since. And to be honest he's not really an option in the backrow anymore for the big games. Last time Toulouse played him there by choice in an important game was nearly 3 years ago. He's no more than a squad player at Toulouse now.
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

CM wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:
Who was s**t when at Leinster and hasn't accepted any offers to return since. And to be honest he's not really an option in the backrow anymore for the big games. Last time Toulouse played him there by choice in an important game was nearly 3 years ago. He's no more than a squad player at Toulouse now.
Started last years HCF at 6, with a full squad to chose from.
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
CM
Mullet

Post by CM »

Also it's worth bearing in mind that Jowitt is 6'7" and 111Kg. Proper height and weight for a backrower who may need to cover 2nd row.

Brennan is 6'4". Also Toulouse's lineout is not a thing of beauty and it'll the area we will be targetting most. Jowitt has to play I reckon so hopefully he's fully recovered.
CM
Mullet

Post by CM »

Are you sure they had a full squad to chose from? He hadn't got a look in in the backrow up till then.
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

CM wrote:
Are you sure they had a full squad to chose from? He hadn't got a look in in the backrow up till then.
I know, i was surprised at the decision. Finished the game in the 2nd row.
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

Touché CM!!!! 8)

Pottsy can play both lock and 6 and still only 23ish.

I'd like to see a lock more than a backrower (assuming Jowitt re-signs). I don't want Flash to start frothing at the mouth at the chance to continue this subject but Casey would seem like an obvious candidate! Thing is, he doesn't seem to fit in the mould of what C&K are after - long lean mobile footballers. I think we'd benefit from some bite.
CM
Mullet

Post by CM »

CM wrote:
Flash, just checked. Bouilhou was just back from injury and Lamboley was out.

I'm not saying that he didn't still cover flanker but he'd hardly been used all year in the backrow for an important match. He only played one other HEC match, in the pool stages, in the backrow. My memory from the previous year is the same.
CM
Mullet

Post by CM »

jezzer wrote:Touché CM!!!! 8)

Pottsy can play both lock and 6 and still only 23ish.

I'd like to see a lock more than a backrower (assuming Jowitt re-signs). I don't want Flash to start frothing at the mouth at the chance to continue this subject but Casey would seem like an obvious candidate! Thing is, he doesn't seem to fit in the mould of what C&K are after - long lean mobile footballers. I think we'd benefit from some bite.
jezzer, we tried and failed to sign Casey.

If we're left with Mal and Byrnes as the only out and out locks then that's a problem alright. I imagine we'll sign another but I reckon he'll have to be Irish qualified. Cheika was given the grace to find his feet but I reckon PAG are now on his case.