A whiff of Cordite

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Re: A whiff of Cordite

Post by johng »

He may be many things but he's hardly a Cyclopath!
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

johng wrote:He may be many things but he's hardly a Cyclopath!
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

Is OTB in the Whiff of Cordite category? Where ever; Ger Gilroy, Gervais and Woodie are really putting me off (esp Gilroy). I know it's part of his job spec to be controversial, provocative etc but his reaction to the Donnacha Ryan situation was so myopic. In fairness, Thornley and Wood were more balanced.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

desperado wrote:Is OTB in the Whiff of Cordite category? Where ever; Ger Gilroy, Gervais and Woodie are really putting me off (esp Gilroy). I know it's part of his job spec to be controversial, provocative etc but his reaction to the Donnacha Ryan situation was so myopic. In fairness, Thornley and Wood were more balanced.
all rugby media b!tching is welcome here
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

simonokeeffe wrote:
desperado wrote:Is OTB in the Whiff of Cordite category? Where ever; Ger Gilroy, Gervais and Woodie are really putting me off (esp Gilroy). I know it's part of his job spec to be controversial, provocative etc but his reaction to the Donnacha Ryan situation was so myopic. In fairness, Thornley and Wood were more balanced.
No it isn't - most of it anyway.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Oldschool wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:
No it isn't - most of it anyway.
yes it is
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

The whole Heaslip angle all over again? Enough already. As you say though, Wood and GT shot it down fairly well.
Dont Panic!
bamboozle
Bookworm

Post by bamboozle »

Finding the rugby on OTB more and more difficult to listen to.
Instead of Gilroy coming up with the very simplistic argument of 'so if the IRFU wont offer him a contract he has to leave and it Heaslip's fault' he probably should stop and think logically, well if the IRFU wont offer a contract why wont/cant Munster offer him a contract?
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

bamboozle wrote:
Finding the rugby on OTB more and more difficult to listen to.
Instead of Gilroy coming up with the very simplistic argument of 'so if the IRFU wont offer him a contract he has to leave and it Heaslip's fault' he probably should stop and think logically, well if the IRFU wont offer a contract why wont/cant Munster offer him a contract?
It's the week of the Heineken cup quarters with two provinces playing at home and they spent half the show talking about Ryan's contract. Well done Mr. Sports Agent.
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

"There should be a fair whiff of cordite in the Aviva air too."

The cordite is back!

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/ ... 6?mode=amp
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

yeah.. had a good laugh reading that
Edna Kenny
Graduate

Post by Edna Kenny »

Cummiskey in IT gets a nice dig in at "pint hunting" Leinster supporters for their "Lofty, unnecessary arrogance". Shame that he has to single out one comment by one supporter to generalise.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

Edna Kenny wrote:Cummiskey in IT gets a nice dig in at "pint hunting" Leinster supporters for their "Lofty, unnecessary arrogance". Shame that he has to single out one comment by one supporter to generalise.
Saw that. The guy should be writing for the Indo.
Dont Panic!
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Edna Kenny wrote:Cummiskey in IT gets a nice dig in at "pint hunting" Leinster supporters for their "Lofty, unnecessary arrogance". Shame that he has to single out one comment by one supporter to generalise.
dont get that at Blackrock JCT games

Quinny starting the Munster flat caps v Sarries absentee landlords ballad stuff early
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

Dexter wrote:
But apart from anything else, it was bad writing. Ignore the fact that he wanted to get his pathetic little dig in, can you make sense of the first two paragraphs?
A proud Winsome Fluter
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Do you think that the criticism he gets on here contributes a little to Cummiskey's digs? We're probably guilty of self-importance there but I would genuinely wonder.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Grumpy Old Man wrote:
Dexter wrote:
But apart from anything else, it was bad writing. Ignore the fact that he wanted to get his pathetic little dig in, can you make sense of the first two paragraphs?
Whatever you think about his perspectives on rugby, he's a really, really bad writer. Just like David Kelly, he could benefit from an editor. His chosen approach seems to be long winded, non sensical sentences. Here's a few lines from a piece last week. WTF is he on about? Could've said the same thing in a third of the space.

A New Zealander lured north to replace Jonny Wilkinson and later Johnny Sexton deserves more respect than the moniker of mere mercenary.
Safely ensconced in the Wasps hive, Jimmy Gopperth took a deep breath before pressing the buzzer that links him to a not so distant past.
Dublin-based rugby scribes conference calls into the ever worsening Brexit zone can so easily conclude in calamity. Thankfully, Gopperth is a welcome exception to the general rule of media interaction in that he’s unafraid of offering an opinion.

Gopperth is from New Plymouth. Not many more rugged places can gift an outhalf with enough farmer’s strength to survive at inside centre but he is keenly aware how the new Leinster triumvirate – Sexton, Robbie Henshaw and Garry Ringrose – tore up Northampton in December.
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

a dose of verbal diarrhoea
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Its like a leaving cert English essay. A sideways ode to Ian Madigan

If he reads this hes mad, fb and article comments would put most journalists off from venturing any further. One of the younger RTE guys mentioned reading forums to see what fans think on one of their podcasts, cant remember who it was but definitely wasnt Hugh Cahill
Edna Kenny
Graduate

Post by Edna Kenny »

I just think it's unnecessary. If it was a member of the Leinster coaching staff saying it then it would be newsworthy. Anyone I was speaking to at half time was just remembering back to the 2011 final when we were 22-6 down.