A whiff of Cordite

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Re: A whiff of Cordite

Post by OTT »

wixfjord wrote:Does anyone else miss the DVDs that Leinster used to bring out at the end of the year. The one after 2013 was particularly good iirc. I'd love some sort of mini documentary talking to the players and showing the highlights of last season. A lot of the games are hard to get online.
Only about 10 minutes ago I googled to see if there was a 'Double' DVD available that I had missed. It would be perfect for a couple of hours viewing over Christmas. I wonder why they don't make them anymore? Maybe they were not profitable? Surely a loss leader though. Am I imagining things or did Leinster give out a DVD containing footage of the previous season in the season ticket pack back in the Donnybrook days?
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Could it be related to rights? i'd happily buy a double dvd.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

I thought they were great
I have Bumbleflex
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

They couldn't get the fire safety certs for them.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

just another aspect of PR leinster do poorly, poor website, poor online coverage etc.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

OTT wrote:
wixfjord wrote:Does anyone else miss the DVDs that Leinster used to bring out at the end of the year. The one after 2013 was particularly good iirc. I'd love some sort of mini documentary talking to the players and showing the highlights of last season. A lot of the games are hard to get online.
Only about 10 minutes ago I googled to see if there was a 'Double' DVD available that I had missed. It would be perfect for a couple of hours viewing over Christmas. I wonder why they don't make them anymore? Maybe they were not profitable? Surely a loss leader though. Am I imagining things or did Leinster give out a DVD containing footage of the previous season in the season ticket pack back in the Donnybrook days?
I'm also surprised none of the sponsors did anything this year.

BOI did a fantastic series with players talking about games a few years back too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVeTci2ziE0
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

I do too. One on last year would have been a great stocking filler. I also miss the commemorative T-shirts. We definitely had 1 after the 2nd Star. Never saw after that; and made my own last year!!
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Dave Cahill wrote:I thought they were great
Rofl
Technical masterpieces. Anywhere you can still buy them btw?
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

"Blood, Sweat & Beers " was excellent (but never released?). I'd love to re-watch it at some point.
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
Mickado
Knowledgeable

Post by Mickado »

Pft, who's got a DVD player these days.

No but seriously, I'd happily buy a download of any Leinster content.
Can I raise a practical question at this point? Are we gonna do "Stonehenge" tomorrow?
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

bluemagic
Enlightened

Post by bluemagic »

D4surfer wrote:Tremenjus stuff from Billy Keane.

https://m.independent.ie/sport/rugby/ch ... 31955.html
I think you must have accidentally posted a pre-pubescent teens love diary to Munster rugby, no way this is a published article in a national newspaper.
**** LEINSTER Champions Of Europe 2009/2011/2012/2018 ****
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Ah Keane is harmless. He's the Munster version of Ross O'Carroll Kelly.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

21 minutes spent on Munster on off the ball this evening. 18 minutes spent on munster on off the ball this morning.

4 minutes spent on Leinster on off the ball this evening. 5 minutes spent on leinster on off the ball this morning. :lol:
Serb
Mullet

Post by Serb »

mildlyinterested wrote:21 minutes spent on Munster on off the ball this evening. 18 minutes spent on munster on off the ball this morning.

4 minutes spent on Leinster on off the ball this evening. 5 minutes spent on leinster on off the ball this morning. :lol:
In fairness, I think there’s a lot more to say about Munster right now.

They had a pretty controversial game with Castres, both from the point of view of calls that might have gone their way and changed the game, but also from the perspective of the poor decision making and lack of accuracy within Munster itself that more realistically cost them the game.

Meanwhile, Leinster are back to doing what they’ve been doing for most of the last 18 months.
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

Serb wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:21 minutes spent on Munster on off the ball this evening. 18 minutes spent on munster on off the ball this morning.

They had a pretty controversial game with Castres, both from the point of view of calls that might have gone their way and changed the game, but also from the perspective of the poor decision making and lack of accuracy within Munster itself that more realistically cost them the game.

Meanwhile, Leinster are back to doing what they’ve been doing for most of the last 18 months.
Fair point about the context.

Just for the record 15 minutes were spent discussing rugby on Game On on RTE Radio 2 this evening. 9 minutes on Munster, 3 minutes on Leinster, 2 minutes on Ulster and 1 minute on Connacht. No surprise that Donal Lenihan was the guest.
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

Everyone loves a post mortem
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Post by Jonny tight lips »

In fairness there seemed to be a lot going on in the Munster game, shame they were on at the same time. At least it was a Munster loss they were talking about .... makes it easier to listen to :lol:
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

Serb wrote:

Agreed. Our match was over after 25 minutes. The Munster match was a fascinating arm wrestle- even when watched in reply. Next time it could be us who are involved in a match that piques the interest of the unaligned.

Timing journalists on contributions in a short period if time is really not a sensible way to judge bias.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Following the tradition of some of the 20th century Irish writers (McGahern, McCabe, Keane etc.) our Nation's fascination has often been with the "failure" rather than any celebration of an element of success. The media have followed the behaviour and hence the "picking over the entrails" that follows. Witness the furore about the Roscommon eviction coverage!