A whiff of Cordite

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Re: A whiff of Cordite

Post by Morf »

Gerry on Second Captains referred to Munster having the "oldest pedigree" in Heineken Cup Rugby of semi finalists?

Tied into his narrative about Munster and current crop growing up on success of 2006 but emmm . .. two time winners before them Toulouse maybe?
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Gerry gonna Munster.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Morf wrote:Gerry on Second Captains referred to Munster having the "oldest pedigree" in Heineken Cup Rugby of semi finalists?

Tied into his narrative about Munster and current crop growing up on success of 2006 but emmm . .. two time winners before them Toulouse maybe?
A couple of Golden Retrievers invaded Munster training on Tuesday, maybe he was referring to that?
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
Morf wrote:Gerry on Second Captains referred to Munster having the "oldest pedigree" in Heineken Cup Rugby of semi finalists?

A couple of Golden Retrievers invaded Munster training on Tuesday, maybe he was referring to that?
Have they signed them up as injury jokers yet?
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

cormac wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:

Have they signed them up as injury jokers yet?
saffas only.
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Not sure why but I listened to the RTE rugby podcast recently, have to ask does anyone know what Wes Liddy's deal is
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

mildlyinterested wrote:Gerry gonna Munster.
Gerry gonna have 6/7 phrases and use all the same ones (generally in same order) on every media platform that have him that week.

Surprises me that outlets will pay for content from him that he has/will repeat 4/5 other places
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

TerenureJim wrote:Not sure why but I listened to the RTE rugby podcast recently, have to ask does anyone know what Wes Liddy's deal is
basically a munster rugby podcast, bitter/jealous etc.

what he say this time?
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Leaving a hotel this morning I grabbed one of the complimentary papers (indo). Holy f%~k it's bad. Reading the rugby pages, Eamonn Sweeney spelling mistakes and Rúaidhrí O'Connor's match review has one paltry paragraph dedicated to reviewing the match, the rest is a preview of the final. His Fardy piece claims he scored 2 tries yesterday.
The get money to do this?

"It was Mrs. O'Leary's cow"
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Peg Leg wrote:Leaving a hotel this morning I grabbed one of the complimentary papers (indo). Holy f%~k it's bad. Reading the rugby pages, Eamonn Sweeney spelling mistakes and Rúaidhrí O'Connor's match review has one paltry paragraph dedicated to reviewing the match, the rest is a preview of the final. His Fardy piece claims he scored 2 tries yesterday.

You forgot to mention - or perhaps you missed it - arch-Muppet Billy Keane calling upon the suits at the EPRC to ban Billy Vunipola from playing in the final.
ribs
Mullet

Post by ribs »

Gerry's article today all about Munster but dressed up as something more. His bias and that in the media towards Munster should be crystal clear by now.
...a beautiful weighted pass...it is 3 on 2...it is 3 on 1...Hickie!...Magnificent!
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Peg Leg wrote:Leaving a hotel this morning I grabbed one of the complimentary papers (indo). Holy f%~k it's bad. Reading the rugby pages, Eamonn Sweeney spelling mistakes and Rúaidhrí O'Connor's match review has one paltry paragraph dedicated to reviewing the match, the rest is a preview of the final. His Fardy piece claims he scored 2 tries yesterday.

Given that you read the paper as a freebie, and that's the only way you or anyone under about 70(?) will read a newspaper, I think you have the answer to the problem.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

ribs wrote:Gerry's article today all about Munster but dressed up as something more. His bias and that in the media towards Munster should be crystal clear by now.
They're stuck in pashun-mode a la Thomond Park, October 31, 1978. Irish rugby in the meantime, driven by Leinster's not inconsiderable success, has moved on. Ireland and Leinster now dine at international rugby's top table. Many pundits in de meeja unfortunately haven't moved on and persist in cheering on the "underdog". Talk about self-imposed irrelevancy.....
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

Not much pashun for Munster in this article.

https://m.independent.ie/sport/rugby/mu ... 53524.html
bails
Graduate

Post by bails »

D4surfer wrote:Not much pashun for Munster in this article.

https://m.independent.ie/sport/rugby/mu ... 53524.html
Imagine, somebody in the meeja is claiming the Emperor has no clothes on and hasn’t had any on for quite a while.
Even the so called loyal and faithful have been found out.
The whole thing has been a fallacy, and the meeja only seeing it now !

I haven’t laughed as much in a long time
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Haven't read it yet but: is he on meds and sober? Cos paying attention to him is enabling some bad behaviour.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Ah lads, can we not give Ewan articles the Conor George treatment please?

Doesn't deserve the oxygen and Indo don't deserve the clicks.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

wixfjord wrote:Ah lads, can we not give Ewan articles the Conor George treatment please?

Doesn't deserve the oxygen and Indo don't deserve the clicks.
*Ewan impression* So people who disagree with you aren't entitled to an opinion?

Sorry, that wasn't even a good impression, don't think there were any spelling mistakes. Agree 100%, he's toxic and nobody should give him the time of day.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

That idiot Ewan Mckenna hates everything, especially rugby.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

He doesn't hate rugby. He just uses a different collection of words to describe what he's looking at and it rubs people the wrong way. I disagree with him around 90% of the time, maybe more. But Irish rugby's media is usually one of two things; 1. Journos with close relations with players and not willing to be objective for fear of irritating players and the IRFU. 2. Journos who write teary eyed nonsense about fans singing on a plane.

McKenna's performance on OTB during that "debate" v ROC was appalling but the entire production was utterly pathetic. He was ambushed by a typically populist and sensationalist Ger Gilroy who really should have acted as a mediator. He brought up some good points that I agree with - hunting for project players and why this is never, ever analysed in the media - only for Gilroy to SHOUT him down over Gerhard Grobler, but that was a completely different issue. Embarrassing, again, from a grown man who sits in a studio that resembles Wayne's World with an annoying ginger gnat next to him. They're too old for all that sh!t behind them.

Anyway. Given the Irish media is almost to a man and a woman singing from the same hymn sheet sometimes we need a tit (and Ewan is a tit) to offer something alternative.