A whiff of Cordite

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

cormac
Rob Kearney

Re: A whiff of Cordite

Post by cormac »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
fourthirtythree wrote:Just a word on Joanne Cantwell tonight: I thought she did a great job of asking questions of Nucifora and keeping going. She was respectful and didn't turn it into an ego interviewer battle. She asked questions like we deserved good answers and didn't let him off the hook without being rude.

Much better than I expect. She should probably move from sport.
Or be given a much bigger role in sport.

Said it in another thread but I'd love to see her take over from Daire O'Brien. It vexes me that he's on TV and I can't fathom what RTE see in him.
I thought ROG looked like he wanted to punch Mr. "Go Easy" a few times over the weekend.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
fourthirtythree wrote:Just a word on Joanne Cantwell tonight: I thought she did a great job of asking questions of Nucifora and keeping going. She was respectful and didn't turn it into an ego interviewer battle. She asked questions like we deserved good answers and didn't let him off the hook without being rude.

Much better than I expect. She should probably move from sport.
Or be given a much bigger role in sport.

Said it in another thread but I'd love to see her take over from Daire O'Brien. It vexes me that he's on TV and I can't fathom what RTE see in him.
He was seen as a rugby presenter and they wanted one, he was good/liked on setanta but the Brendan O'Connor esque sneery, arrogant stuff isnt good. His job is to tee up the pundits or at worst ask them questions the rubes at home thinking not try and have his own opinion validated/make himself seem smart
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

http://www.the42.ie/peter-omahony-leade ... 4-Mar2017/
A full article on POM shouting at SOB.......I suppose this will be the end of the ruck mark articles.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Yeah that Seán O'Brien is such a Leinster wuss that he needs angry face Munster leadershipping to get him off the ground after a hit.

You know the way Healy did with Sexton or a dozen other players did with a dozen other players at the match.

What a load of pathetic b*%&!cks scraped off the bottom of a shitty barrel that is.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

paddyor wrote:http://www.the42.ie/peter-omahony-leade ... 4-Mar2017/
A full article on POM shouting at SOB.......I suppose this will be the end of the ruck mark articles.
Had to buy a puke bowl last week, looks like it's going to be money well spent.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Oldschool wrote:
paddyor wrote:http://www.the42.ie/peter-omahony-leade ... 4-Mar2017/
Had to buy a puke bowl last week, looks like it's going to be money well spent.
Murray hasn't had a great couple of weeks.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Trite rubbish from a usually good writer.
I have Bumbleflex
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Could have picked any game Heaslip plays, usually one of the most vocal players on the pitch. I remember during the Italy game Scannell knocked on from an overthrow on an Italian lineout. You could hear Heaslip shouting come on Scans next job next job while the scrum was being set up. I'll se if I can knock together some gifs and pictures with shapes/arrows. Heaslip can't vogue like POM can mind.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Saw this as well, the amount of sycophantic nonsense around POM over the last week has been hilarious!
bonzo
Learner

Post by bonzo »

Dave Cahill wrote:Trite rubbish from a usually good writer.
Summarising the article -
"So I'm clearly best mates with Peter O'Mahony since we were teenagers, and coincidentally he should be the next Ireland captain"
Last edited by bonzo on March 24th, 2017, 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

So, Paul Kimmage. Apology time.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Dave Cahill wrote:Trite rubbish from a usually good writer.
+1
Also was surprised with drop in objective standards to a piece of hagiography which is beneath him at this point

Anybody objectively watching last week recognises that Pete O'Mahony had a superb game. However to re-write history and skills that he now has no weaknesses is balderdash.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

For me the stand out Munster player last week was D. Ryan.
Stander didn't cut muster which didn't suit the media.
Ryan is not a media darling so what were they left with.
MOM from Cork decided by ex OH from Cork.
I think Peter O'Mahoney is a fine player but like many other players from Cork and Munster in general the reality never matches the hype.
POM won't or shouldn't get the Ireland captain's job for one reason in particular - his lack of availability.
Joe is actually going to have consider rotating the captains job.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

Including the headline and the hashtag, "leader"/"leadership" is used 10 times!!
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Heaslip will likely be waterboy for the Wasps game now. There's an article there for Kinsella.
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

the spoofer wrote:So, Paul Kimmage. Apology time.
HA. You wish.

He is so far up his own ar5e he is essentially coming back out his own mouth.

He had the cheek to 1) try and say he was right all along because it was initially report Jamie "rolled his ankle". For all we know he made that sh1te up himself.

2) He has retweeted a tweet from Michael Lynagh. Lynagh said "this is worrying" under an article PK posted about some sensationalist bullsh1t.

PKs RT actually said "I'm constantly getting told that I know nothing about rugby, so I'll just park this here:"

How smug and self satisfied can you get? If he was made of chocolate he'd probably eat himself

EDIT: Looking at his Twitter account is doing nothing good for my blood pressure. He's busy winding up people who are trying to call him out while adamant he is right. My god this man has just solidified his status as a Grad A Troll. Even Hook wouldn't try and actively antagonise people who disagreed with his POV
He's gotten awfully fond of that brick
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Kimmage will probably think an injury has been invented to cover up a drug scandal.
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Kimmage will probably think an injury has been invented to cover up a drug scandal.
Do you think he will get a legitimate heart attack if Lance Armstrong covers up a concussion sustained in a rugby match?
He's gotten awfully fond of that brick
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Kimmage will probably think an injury has been invented to cover up a drug scandal.
I think he's pretty clealry using this to promote his agenda. If you scroll thru his twitter timeline it's there a few tweets back.
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

what odds Kimmage cycles on the footpath?
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon