A whiff of Cordite

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Re: A whiff of Cordite

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

Ruckedtobits wrote:I had forgotten how bad is Daire O'B on RTE. There are two women presenters who are streets ahead and exhibit enthusiasm and knowledge about the game. He is smarmy, detached and arrogant and does nothing to convince the viewer to stay connected.

Maybe he and Cumiskey should go to games together.
He gives off an unshakable impression that he just doesn't want to be there.

Cantwell is enthusiastic in her approach which I much prefer because I think ATH can be a bit dull at times.

Nothing against Eddie and Lenihans insights, but their voices don't exactly resonate with me when I'm tired on Monday evening ha. Combine this with Daire and it's a one way ticket to me nodding off on the couch :lol:
He's gotten awfully fond of that brick
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:
Ruckedtobits wrote:I had forgotten how bad is Daire O'B on RTE. There are two women presenters who are streets ahead and exhibit enthusiasm and knowledge about the game. He is smarmy, detached and arrogant and does nothing to convince the viewer to stay connected.

Go easy
Pope hasn't gone easy on a couple of occasions and fair f^cks to him.
He said at one point to DOB, I don't appreciate that you would suggest that I would think that - oomph
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

arsebiscuits1 wrote:

He gives off an unshakable impression that he just doesn't want to be there.

Cantwell is enthusiastic in her approach which I much prefer because I think ATH can be a bit dull at times.

Nothing against Eddie and Lenihans insights, but their voices don't exactly resonate with me when I'm tired on Monday evening ha. Combine this with Daire and it's a one way ticket to me nodding off on the couch :lol:
There really is something about the atmosphere and the lighting of the studio, accompanied with it being dark outside and a Monday evening that makes it seem a bit dull and grim.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Cummiskey's where are they now of the 2009 Grand Slam team is a predictable poop show

13 Brian O’Driscoll (capt)

Media mogul, investor and senior adviser (Teneo). Rugby chats on Friday nights are increasingly educational as Ireland’s greatest ever sportsman - George Best being undone by the bright lights - remains a familiar and welcome face across all platforms. Limped out of the 2014 Pro12 final at the RDS with nothing left to prove.
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

simonokeeffe wrote:Cummiskey's where are they now of the 2009 Grand Slam team is a predictable poop show

13 Brian O’Driscoll (capt)

Media mogul, investor and senior adviser (Teneo). Rugby chats on Friday nights are increasingly educational as Ireland’s greatest ever sportsman - George Best being undone by the bright lights - remains a familiar and welcome face across all platforms. Limped out of the 2014 Pro12 final at the RDS with nothing left to prove.
People said he was kind of a cool dude!
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

I hate the cliches from commentators. Example is from football but happens in rugby too.

Last Ronnie Whealan said ''Chelsea are really much better in the second half''. Time on the clock was 49 minutes. So they were playing well for 4 minutes. Why not say that?
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

IanD wrote:I hate the cliches from commentators. Example is from football but happens in rugby too.

Last Ronnie Whealan said ''Chelsea are really much better in the second half''. Time on the clock was 49 minutes. So they were playing well for 4 minutes. Why not say that?
If you're not into cliches, you'll do well to avoid Liam Toland in the IT today. By his standards, a sloppy piece with some big expressions e.g. "THE CORRIDOR OF POWER", without anything like an explanation of what he means.

Been searching in vain for any commentator who has envisaged what tommorow's game will be about and how we can win it. Any suggestions?
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Ruckedtobits wrote:
IanD wrote:I hate the cliches from commentators. Example is from football but happens in rugby too.

If you're not into cliches, you'll do well to avoid Liam Toland in the IT today. By his standards, a sloppy piece with some big expressions e.g. "THE CORRIDOR OF POWER", without anything like an explanation of what he means.

Been searching in vain for any commentator who has envisaged what tommorow's game will be about and how we can win it. Any suggestions?
Matt Williams is usually pretty good in the Saturday IT, but that's tomorrow.

The OTB roadshow was a good listen if you're just looking for distraction. http://www.newstalk.com/podcasts/Off_Th ... _The_Ball/
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
scentofgunpowder
Bookworm

Post by scentofgunpowder »

Ruckedtobits wrote:

Haven't watched it yet but these guys are always great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfYmAo0Yf48
Edna Kenny
Graduate

Post by Edna Kenny »

Ruckedtobits wrote:

The Times has a video on Ireland's weaknesses which is quite insightful, although they can't use actual footage. Also Stephen Jones loses the rag with Eddie Jones for his Wales comments, his piece informs readers of things Welsh that are great.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Edna Kenny wrote:
Ruckedtobits wrote:

The Times has a video on Ireland's weaknesses which is quite insightful, although they can't use actual footage. Also Stephen Jones loses the rag with Eddie Jones for his Wales comments, his piece informs readers of things Welsh that are great.
Stephen Jones isn't one of them.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

Oldschool wrote:
Edna Kenny wrote:
Ruckedtobits wrote:

Stephen Jones isn't one of them.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
A proud Winsome Fluter
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Ruckedtobits wrote:

I read Tolands mind dump and tipped along here to see if anyone had any idea what he was banging on about. Anyone?
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

domhnallj wrote:
Ruckedtobits wrote:

I read Tolands mind dump and tipped along here to see if anyone had any idea what he was banging on about. Anyone?
Corridor of power.
IMHO. Some of the possibilities.
1. The 10-12 Channel.
2. The fringe around the ruck/breakdown for pick and go.
3. The "line speed" area between the two sets of backs.
4. The corridor leading from the dressing rooms to the pitch.
5. Where EJ might end up outside the headmaster's office if. ...
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Securing the corridor between the pitch and dressing room could be the difference between getting a half time orange segment, or standing around with your dangle hanging out, if you know what I mean (and I’m sure that you do).
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

domhnallj wrote:Securing the corridor between the pitch and dressing room could be the difference between getting a half time orange segment, or standing around with your dangle hanging out, if you know what I mean (and I’m sure that you do).
Attacking that corridor Worked for Scotland
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

CiaranIrl wrote: Matt Williams is usually pretty good in the Saturday IT, but that's tomorrow.
I take it back.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Good piece from DOC in the times today
I have Bumbleflex
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

So are we any clearer on the "Corridor of Power" thingee?
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

Eddie Butler today.

His first touch of the match.

33 seconds on the clock. Most of the players hadn't touched it.
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!