A whiff of Cordite

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Re: A whiff of Cordite

Post by mildlyinterested »

Avenger wrote:
Peg Leg wrote:Leinster will still be the preferred choice by most (if not all) schoolboys.
What was implied was that Nucifora would decide which academy each schoolboy would be sent to.
Hard to see how that will work given college etc. But i'm sure he will try.
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

Avenger wrote:
Peg Leg wrote:Leinster will still be the preferred choice by most (if not all) schoolboys.
What was implied was that Nucifora would decide which academy each schoolboy would be sent to.
So now he's dragging screaming kids from their mother's arms. That man's evil has no bounds.
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

:lol:

Will have to have another listen to make sure I’m not going mad.
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

As with any notion of equality of outcome, the end result is achieved only by bringing everyone down to the same level
Anyone But New Zealand
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Avenger wrote:
Right so, it's time to burn this place to the ground. That's like Donald Trump deciding which refugees are entitled to US asylum.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

My God, the threat to Leinster Rugby is taking on biblical dimensions with Lucifora as either Herod or the Pharaoh (take your pick). To which I reply "Set my people free!!!"
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Nucifora isn't trying to weaken Leinster, he's trying to strengthen everyone else. Occasionally Leinster will suffer as a byproduct of that, but so be it as far as he's concerned.

Now, I think he's doing a really poor job - none of the provinces are any stronger than they were when he arrived in, he is reportedly persona non grata in the only province that is successful, the Irish team isn't appreciably better than it was when he arrived in, we still haven't won a knockout match at the world cup, the sevens still haven't qualified for the Olympics and the concept has proved, in the signing of John Porch, to be a complete waste of money, the WNT has gone backwards at a rate of knots and we still have a big churn in coaches and a lack of native coaches in the Irish system - but Leinster has little or nothing to do with it
I have Bumbleflex
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

Ok so I’m not going mad.

Murray Kinsella said
“Talk is that Nucifora will have greater control of academy’s and be able to move players at that level. It’ll be really interesting to see younger players moving from their native province to ensure the national pipeline is best served.”
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Avenger wrote:Ok so I’m not going mad.

Murray Kinsella said
“Talk is that Nucifora will have greater control of academy’s and be able to move players at that level. It’ll be really interesting to see younger players moving from their native province to ensure the national pipeline is best served.”
Time that he was told to f%~k off by Leinster.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

the spoofer wrote:

Murray Kinsella said
Time that he was told to f%~k off by Leinster.
:clap:
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

That level of interference could see promising young lads leave the sport altogether.
I assume the usual risk will apply to any young man that refuses their "advice".
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I'm struggling to see what the point of this even is. If you're about to join the Leinster academy and go to UCD then what's the point of being moved to anther academy and going to a different college? You're years away from first team games anyway so why bother? Especially when you know that the Leinster academy is likely to improve you more.

It's a different kettle of fish once your time in the academy is up, or if you haven't got an academy (or sub) offer from your own province, but if the idea is that he spots gaps in other provinces and fills them with schoolkids then it's a nonsense.

It's also an unnecessary expense. I'd imagine most of the Leinster academy lads live at home, so now you've to provide accom and potentially a car for them as well.
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

You can move as much young talent as you want and it might make the aesthetics look good around the place but certain provinces will just butcher it.

Oh and best of luck to Bill Johnston up at Ulster next season hopefully he is rewarded with significant game time to match his talents.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Name one Munster produced player who is first choice and is under 25. Not one. It would be like sending your Ferrari to a back street garage.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Dave Cahill wrote:Nucifora isn't trying to weaken Leinster, he's trying to strengthen everyone else. Occasionally Leinster will suffer as a byproduct of that, but so be it as far as he's concerned.

Now, I think he's doing a really poor job - none of the provinces are any stronger than they were when he arrived in, he is reportedly persona non grata in the only province that is successful, the Irish team isn't appreciably better than it was when he arrived in, we still haven't won a knockout match at the world cup, the sevens still haven't qualified for the Olympics and the concept has proved, in the signing of John Porch, to be a complete waste of money, the WNT has gone backwards at a rate of knots and we still have a big churn in coaches and a lack of native coaches in the Irish system - but Leinster has little or nothing to do with it
+1 :clap: :clap: :clap:
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

blockhead wrote:That level of interference could see promising young lads leave the sport altogether.
I assume the usual risk will apply to any young man that refuses their "advice".
I would advise any academy player that goes for a meeting with the irfu to quietly set their phone to record the conversation. If any kid gets told that their future is at risk because they refused to move university, the courts should hear about it.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Murray Kinsella said
How much is he prepared to pay for it is the question I suppose.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Peg Leg wrote:
Avenger wrote:
Right so, it's time to burn this place to the ground. That's like Donald Trump deciding which refugees are entitled to US asylum.
Not quite The Donald is an American so he would understand the American equivalent of the mother and her child situation, perhaps even more so given the fact that many of their sons and daughters have given their lives to protect not only themselves but our good selves too.
Nucifora wouldn't have that kind of insider understanding although it is fair to say that the Aussies have pulled their weight in defending the "free world".
I'm sure most of us wouldn't be wishing him (Nucifora) well in this endeavour, so he has that much in common with Trump.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I'm struggling to see what the point of this even is. If you're about to join the Leinster academy and go to UCD then what's the point of being moved to anther academy and going to a different college? You're years away from first team games anyway so why bother? Especially when you know that the Leinster academy is likely to improve you more.

It's a different kettle of fish once your time in the academy is up, or if you haven't got an academy (or sub) offer from your own province, but if the idea is that he spots gaps in other provinces and fills them with schoolkids then it's a nonsense.

It's also an unnecessary expense. I'd imagine most of the Leinster academy lads live at home, so now you've to provide accom and potentially a car for them as well.
The coaching you'll get is the thing isn't it.
Who wouldn't want Lancaster to coach them.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Oldschool wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I'm struggling to see what the point of this even is. If you're about to join the Leinster academy and go to UCD then what's the point of being moved to anther academy and going to a different college? You're years away from first team games anyway so why bother? Especially when you know that the Leinster academy is likely to improve you more.

The coaching you'll get is the thing isn't it.
Who wouldn't want Lancaster to coach them.
If it were only that easy.