A whiff of Cordite

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

blockhead
Rob Kearney

Re: A whiff of Cordite

Post by blockhead »

Twist wrote: I don't get how the Pro14 is biased in favour of the Irish provinces?
1. Leinster get to play all their finals at home.
2. Leinster get to play the heino semis at home every year.
3. The Welsh fans won't support their own teams because Brian O'Driscoll never played a league match in Wales. (this one could be true, back sometime in 2011 in Cardiff, 70K turned up to watch BOD play for Leinster)
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

1. Not true. For example; the last final. In fact the opposition were at home

2. Not true, or relevant to the Pro14

3. I assume is a joke(?)
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

BOD on OTB bogging up the idea of a B&I league. Part of his argument was that it’ll help us “get respect” from the English clubs

Is this meant to be persuasive? If Worcester Warrior or the Bristol Scary Bears don’t respect us then that’s their problem. Our record is pretty good when we’ve faced them so long may they continue to not respect us. I don’t think we should sacrifice the existence of the pro14 and (probably) European Cup just to get respected by teams we usually beat
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

It's best to ignore every single word coming out of BOD's mouth. They sully our memories of him as a player. Took the shilling.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Twist wrote:BOD on OTB bogging up the idea of a B&I league. Part of his argument was that it’ll help us “get respect” from the English clubs

Is this meant to be persuasive? If Worcester Warrior or the Bristol Scary Bears don’t respect us then that’s their problem. Our record is pretty good when we’ve faced them so long may they continue to not respect us. I don’t think we should sacrifice the existence of the pro14 and (probably) European Cup just to get respected by teams we usually beat
OMG, if only Leinster could "get respect" from the English clubs, we could all die happily..... What sort of a colonialised mindset is this? I couldn't give a flying ****, what the English clubs think. I don't need the validation of my "betters". They fear us - that's more than enough for me. All the English giving out about the Pro 14 proves is their envy. Come on the Drive for 5 and let Blighty sink beneath the waves for all I care!!!!
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Twist wrote:BOD on OTB bogging up the idea of a B&I league. Part of his argument was that it’ll help us “get respect” from the English clubs

+1

Nothing 'independent' about BO'D view. Totally governed by BT monetary interests.

Bullshit. Let other Leagues figure out how to please Leinster & our fans, who will ultimately pay for this. Premiership teams lose money "netto" across the League Pro14 teams make money. Better run and less egos.
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

Laighin Break wrote:"Fewer than two". So....one?
1.5: one Nige...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
bluemagic
Enlightened

Post by bluemagic »

https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/ ... 94878.html

Wonder which players will be forced to leave this time
**** LEINSTER Champions Of Europe 2009/2011/2012/2018 ****
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

bluemagic wrote:https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/ ... 94878.html

It's a really strange article. He is definitely pushing for lads to move and seems to ignore that Leinster contribute huge numbers to Ireland meaning that there is lots of gametime to go around.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

the spoofer wrote:

It's a really strange article. He is definitely pushing for lads to move and seems to ignore that Leinster contribute huge numbers to Ireland meaning that there is lots of gametime to go around.
It's just the press. One minute they're building something up, the next minute their doing it down.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

riocard911 wrote:
the spoofer wrote:

It's just the press. One minute they're building something up, the next minute their doing it down.
Just another few paras of bu!*s%t by Tracey. Nobody could believe he was personally briefed with such rubbish. Jamie H outlined the options very clearly during the C4 coverage of Saturday's game:
Option: Work hard, and compete furiously to take your chance when selection comes around, in the most successful team environment in Europe; or
Option 2: Put the word out in Ireland, through your Agent, that you want more starts and believe you are good enough to get to Green jersey. Then wait.

As Jamie outlined the Options, he questioned why anybody would want to be selected in a franchise with little realistic chance of winning silverware. Luke Fitz seemed to differ in his viewpoint (surprise, surprise).
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Having often vented my criticism of some IT journalists, well one in particular, credit where credit is due for some of the writing in today's Sports Weekend.

Firstly to John O'Sullivan's well worked report on Leinster's defeat of Ulster last evening in the RDS by 54-42. JO'S managed to reflect the high quality of the Leinster performance yet he also validated Ulster's relentless pursuit of their opponents in a game which was over as a contest before 30 minutes. An accurate reflection of a game which must have excited most Leinster fans, but left a funny taste by the conclusion.

Elsewhere Ian O'Riordan managed to devour a number of dense statistical reports about the growth and popularity of his favourite sport, both nationally and internationally, and produce a very readible piece which both informs and makes Irish readers glow in regard to our commitment and achievement in participation in running events. A clever, well constructed piece of journalism.

Finally, as often before, Johnny Watterson's chronological and evocative summary of the progress of Sanita Purspure's ascent to Sportswoman of the Year catches the nuances of trial and tribulation on this journey which totally validates her unanimous selection for this award by the Judges.

Well done to all three journos. Social media hasn't totally won the war yet.
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Following the observation that “Leo Cullen used 55 players last season, which is a remarkable achievement given that Leinster only had 44 in their senior squad”, on Friday evening Tommy O'Brien, Sean Cronin and Roman Salanoa became the 48th, 49th and 50th players used so far their season.
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Hawaii 5 0
I have Bumbleflex
BlueStreak
Knowledgeable

Post by BlueStreak »

Dave Cahill wrote:Hawaii 5 0
:clap: :D
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Dave Cahill wrote:Hawaii 5 0
"Book 'im, Danno!"
Blue not red blood
Mullet

Post by Blue not red blood »

Without question the best one liner of the year
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Plenty of talk about Leinster having too much talent in the papers these days. David Kelly with the latest.
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

A whiff of Cordite

Post by artaneboy »

mildlyinterested wrote:Plenty of talk about Leinster having too much talent in the papers these days. David Kelly with the latest.
Plenty of talk about hacks having too much copy to fill and lazily revisiting the same tired themes.

Unless the IRFU is persuaded to radically reform the academy system and revert to the single ‘national’ structure of heretofore, then this is so much filler.

Anyway- it’s thankfully true at the moment: we do have “too much talent” in some positions. Let’s glory in it as long as it lasts- because it may not...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

mildlyinterested wrote:Plenty of talk about Leinster having too much talent in the papers these days. David Kelly with the latest.
Yep, Brendan Fanning cutting to the heart of it too, re: MUnsters problems and JVG in particular:

"He is there long enough now to understand three things: complaining about the Player Management Programme is like giving out about your wife to your mother-in-law; Munster's struggle with player development started before he arrived; and, perhaps hardest to swallow, he'd be better off recruiting from Leinster, the chief supplier of human resources in the Irish game, rather than dialling up contacts in South Africa."

Interesting times ahead methinks!