A whiff of Cordite

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Re: A whiff of Cordite

Post by simonokeeffe »

the spoofer wrote:I think it was ROC who had his team for the 6N's in the other day. His locks were Ryan and Henderson. He really hates Toner and always marks down his performance in those cr@p ratings things they do.
Maybe theres a vicious circle of him not liking certain Leinster players because they were frosty with him because he had a go at them/their teammates (fairly or otherwise)

Seems counter productive to have an unnecessarily antagonistic relationship with the senior playere/managemwnt
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/ ... 14522.html
Not up to Neil Kielys standard, but not bad. :lol:
The indos attempt to placate the angry Munster Mobs.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

blockhead wrote:https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/ ... 14522.html
I liked the bit about people liking Munster and that if Leinster and Munster were to meet in the final that most gobshytes would want Munster to win.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

simonokeeffe wrote:
the spoofer wrote:I think it was ROC who had his team for the 6N's in the other day. His locks were Ryan and Henderson. He really hates Toner and always marks down his performance in those cr@p ratings things they do.
Maybe theres a vicious circle of him not liking certain Leinster players because they were frosty with him because he had a go at them/their teammates (fairly or otherwise)

Seems counter productive to have an unnecessarily antagonistic relationship with the senior playere/managemwnt
For whatever reason people associated with Munster seem to think that Munster has a god given right to the Irish 2nd row and no.8 jerseys.
Their illogical hatred of Heaslip, in particular, and Toner would support this. Their negativity towards Jordi Murphy is also very marked.
All I can add is look out Ryan and Conan.
In short bloody begrudgers.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

TerenureJim wrote:Is this still a thread to comment on the media?
A sniff of cordite now innit
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Oldschool wrote:
I liked the bit about people liking Munster and that if Leinster and Munster were to meet in the final that most gobshytes would want Munster to win.
basically - people who don't know or understand the game will be rooting for Munster, there's a lot of good company for them in that crowd :D
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Oldschool wrote:
They dont care who keeps the young players from Munster from getting chances as long as they're not from Dublin (unless they aposticise). Sure they're all red on the inside was the main point about Earls.
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

Dave Cahill wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:@Wexfjord definitely

To change subject completely, DOC annoying anyone else as a commentator?
I don't think his vocal style suits commentating. He has pretty interesting stuff to say but when you're commentating you have be able to say those things in a short an snappy way which he can't
Ah he’s not bad. Well the fact that he supported the view at the Racing game, that Zebo would be improved by way of a slap, endeared him to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:
Oldschool wrote:
basically - people who don't know or understand the game will be rooting for Munster, there's a lot of good company for them in that crowd :D
Think theres enough non d4 heads in our team these days for us to garner some support in the general province

@artaneboy that changes everything
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

There always was SOKs. Darcy, Shaggy, Kearney 2, Leo, SOB sure even BOD was a northsider.
But that never suited the narrative.
On the other side, most of the Munster squad (well the ones that are from Munster) are from fee-paying schools. But its never mentioned.
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

blockhead wrote:There always was SOKs. Darcy, Shaggy, Kearney 2, Leo, SOB sure even BOD was a northsider.
On the other side, most of the Munster squad (well the ones that are from Munster) are from fee-paying schools. But its never mentioned.
Even Southside guys like Mal and Jenno are from fairly run of the mill backgrounds. Certainly not Ross OCarroll Kelly types having their money fights like the meeja promotes.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Oldschool wrote:
Are we the Milwall FC of the Provinces?

"Nobody likes us but we don't care" :o
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

LeinsterLeader wrote:
Oldschool wrote:

Connacht are the plucky underdogs you can't hate them. Ulster? Well, we wouldn't want to be seen to, well you know. Munster are the salt of the earth, the pride and pashun are the stuff of liginds. Leinster?Tag. You're it.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

blockhead wrote:There always was SOKs. Darcy, Shaggy, Kearney 2, Leo, SOB sure even BOD was a northsider.
I shouldve winked more
Its more about perception
Weve more (high profile) salt of the earth types like Furlong and SOB. Clongowes Mafia count as D4
Angelsea Angst
Bookworm

Post by Angelsea Angst »

Today's Irish Independent had one page devoted to Leinster's win over Montpellier followed by six pages devoted to Munster's win over Castre. I don't listen to any radio coverage of rugby anymore due to a similar imbalance which has existed for years. I am convince that there is nothing Leinster can do to endear itself with the media. Hopefully we can win the competition this year and really annoy the media.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

LeinsterLeader wrote:
Oldschool wrote:

Had to laugh at Eamon Sweeney's description of Keith Earls as "working class". I suppose his forebearers founded the Limerick Soviet. :roll:
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Angelsea Angst wrote:Today's Irish Independent had one page devoted to Leinster's win over Montpellier followed by six pages devoted to Munster's win over Castre. I don't listen to any radio coverage of rugby anymore due to a similar imbalance which has existed for years. I am convince that there is nothing Leinster can do to endear itself with the media. Hopefully we can win the competition this year and really annoy the media.
To be fair, Leinster played on Saturday and that would have been covered on the Sunday papers.
kermischocolate
Mullet

Post by kermischocolate »

RoboProp wrote:
LeinsterLeader wrote: Are we the Milwall FC of the Provinces?

Connacht are the plucky underdogs you can't hate them. Ulster? Well, we wouldn't want to be seen to, well you know. Munster are the salt of the earth, the pride and pashun are the stuff of liginds. Leinster?Tag. You're it.
:clap: :clap: :lol:
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Angelsea Angst wrote:Today's Irish Independent had one page devoted to Leinster's win over Montpellier followed by six pages devoted to Munster's win over Castre. I don't listen to any radio coverage of rugby anymore due to a similar imbalance which has existed for years. I am convince that there is nothing Leinster can do to endear itself with the media. Hopefully we can win the competition this year and really annoy the media.
The huge irony is that some Munster fans genuinely believe there's a cabal of 'D4 media' who are pro-Leinster and anti-Munster. The visceral hatred of many media figures for Leinster pre-2009, and how far the media went up Munster's ass in terms of promulgating the whole 'Limerick working class liginds vs. entitled posh boys' thing was pretty obscene. The media is and always has been much more pro-Munster than Leinster.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

neiliog93 wrote:
The huge irony is that some Munster fans genuinely believe there's a cabal of 'D4 media' who are pro-Leinster and anti-Munster. The visceral hatred of many media figures for Leinster pre-2009, and how far the media went up Munster's ass in terms of promulgating the whole 'Limerick working class liginds vs. entitled posh boys' thing was pretty obscene. The media is and always has been much more pro-Munster than Leinster.
Rugby message boards in Ireland are just a cesspit, and it almost always boils down to a Leinster v Munster thing. The42 is the worst, obviously, and the moderators there have no interest in policing their message boards. They're just happy for clicks at the expense of hosting a decent forum where proper discussion can take place. They think there's a D4 media campaign against them; some Leinster fans think the media just don't like Leinster. Apart from turds like Niall Kiely, I've found that the vast majority of rugby writers and media people are happy to lend their support to 3 of the 4 provinces, as Ulster are always tossed to the side. It was really revealing, I felt, before Christmas when OTB finally decided to cover Ulster, instead of "we've run out of time this week." Joe Molloy finally decided to watch an Ulster game and because they won (Quins), he was totally off course in how Ulster have been doing this season. Cos they won their last game, they're great. He also seemed to realise a player called John Cooney was being selected. Molloy is the lead anchor for the 6 Nations coverage on TV3.