A whiff of Cordite

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Re: A whiff of Cordite

Post by simonokeeffe »

Raydollard wrote:A good comment on Franno's effort during his time playing was that he jumped at 4 and jumped again at 5.
Chapeau moiseur
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

simonokeeffe wrote:
Franno described JGP's missed tackle on Shingler as "feminine" and sure Franno wouldve caught him himself :wink:
I would pay good money to see Sophie Spence, Claire Molloy or Sene Naoupu catch him with a 'feminine' tackle
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

Xanthippe wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:
Franno described JGP's missed tackle on Shingler as "feminine" and sure Franno wouldve caught him himself :wink:
I would pay good money to see Sophie Spence, Claire Molloy or Sene Naoupu catch him with a 'feminine' tackle
Gibson-Park is just a technically poor tackler. It's obvious that he's not very confident in his ability in this area
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Xanthippe wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:
I wouldnt wish that on any of them
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

What I respect about Franno is that he doesn't care about upsetting relations with the IRFU or senior players, which is a big problem with the Times and Independent's anodyne reporting at times. His writing is often very funny, sometimes he's bang on the money, sometimes he's wildly far off, and occasionally prejudice comes across in his articles, which is obviously 100% not ok. But having someone to ruffle a few feathers isn;'t always bad.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

neiliog93 wrote:What I respect about Franno is that he doesn't care about upsetting relations with the IRFU or senior players, which is a big problem with the Times and Independent's anodyne reporting at times. His writing is often very funny, sometimes he's bang on the money, sometimes he's wildly far off, and occasionally prejudice comes across in his articles, which is obviously 100% not ok. But having someone to ruffle a few feathers isn;'t always bad.
Problem is that Franno doesn't do it often enough.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Oldschool wrote:
neiliog93 wrote:What I respect about Franno is that he doesn't care about upsetting relations with the IRFU or senior players, which is a big problem with the Times and Independent's anodyne reporting at times. His writing is often very funny, sometimes he's bang on the money, sometimes he's wildly far off, and occasionally prejudice comes across in his articles, which is obviously 100% not ok. But having someone to ruffle a few feathers isn;'t always bad.
Doesn't ruffle feathers often enough?
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

neiliog93 wrote:
Oldschool wrote:
Doesn't ruffle feathers often enough?
Yeah.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/l ... 76941.html

Rather enjoyable Franno article. Gets a dig in at Munster fans leaving early (finally someone says it) and knocks Leinster Rugby for letting go of Beirne and Jager.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

neiliog93 wrote:http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/l ... 76941.html

Rather enjoyable Franno article. Gets a dig in at Munster fans leaving early (finally someone says it) and knocks Leinster Rugby for letting go of Beirne and Jager.
Didn't Jager go to New Zealand straight from school?
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

cormac wrote:
neiliog93 wrote:http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/l ... 76941.html

Didn't Jager go to New Zealand straight from school?
Did he knock us for releasing Beirne at the time? I doubt it. Is this the same article where he refers to Conway being in exile too?
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Yeah he got the Leinster academy bit wrong for Jager. He wasn't even offered a place.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

neiliog93 wrote:Yeah he got the Leinster academy bit wrong for Jager. He wasn't even offered a place.
offered sub academy out of school.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

More Sports Illustrated lite content and style from Comiskey in his interview with another 'Blackrock Alumni' Alan McGinty.

His style and content really are painful, particularly considering some of the opportunities he has had. Would be surprised if McGinty's Da would allow B'rock give him more than a - C in English at this point. But then, maybe all he wants is a job in SI in the US.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Gavin Mairs of the Torygraph follows Breitbart News, I suspect that mightnt be ironic
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Looks like the end of Thornley and Cummiskey on OTB?
http://www.thejournal.ie/newstalk-irish ... =shortlink
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

wixfjord wrote:Looks like the end of Thornley and Cummiskey on OTB?
http://www.thejournal.ie/newstalk-irish ... =shortlink
No more Gerry, boooo!
No more Cumskid, yehaw!
At least Gerry signed off in style last night venting his spleen agin the PRL.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Guess we are getting more ROC and maybe Murray Kinsella which is probably good, Indos hatred of Heaslip aside

Not exactly good PR for Newstalk though to go after the paper they share much of their audience with, but also essentially to retaliate over anti George Hook stuff, well one article by someone who said they wont appear on heir station any more

Update: Ross O'Carroll Kelly isn't affected by the ban
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Gerry is a huge loss to the quality of the Off the Ball rugby coverage
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

simonokeeffe wrote:Guess we are getting more ROC and maybe Murray Kinsella which is probably good, Indos hatred of Heaslip aside

Not exactly good PR for Newstalk though to go after the paper they share much of their audience with, but also essentially to retaliate over anti-George Hook stuff, well one article by someone who said they wont appear on heir station anymore

Update: Ross O'Carroll Kelly isn't affected by the ban
Billionaires are notoriously thin-skinned. Particularly Irish ones as they get to sue over anyone saying anything they don't like. This time they can't because they dropped their own presenter because of Twitter and their own sponsors.