A whiff of Cordite

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Re: A whiff of Cordite

Post by Ruckedtobits »

As one who has regul :happy clapper: arly been critical of the quality of print and web-based Irish rugby coverage throughout this momentous Season, I'd like to put on record my thanks and congratulations to the out-standing work of Murray Kinsella of The42.ie.

Murray's constant quality, whether in commentary, coverage, Op-Ed or analysis has been so far ahead of the opposition as to be almost out of sight. His early Season sabbatical was totally justified in the depth and accuracy of his subsequent filings and Irish rugby is superbly served by his objective recording of events and the scope of his technical analysis of what is happening within the various elements of our international performances.

Well done Murray. You'll make the Irish rugby public as knowlegible as New Zealanders before you know it.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Ruckedtobits wrote:As one who has regul :happy clapper: arly been critical of the quality of print and web-based Irish rugby coverage throughout this momentous Season, I'd like to put on record my thanks and congratulations to the out-standing work of Murray Kinsella of The42.ie.

Murray's constant quality, whether in commentary, coverage, Op-Ed or analysis has been so far ahead of the opposition as to be almost out of sight. His early Season sabbatical was totally justified in the depth and accuracy of his subsequent filings and Irish rugby is superbly served by his objective recording of events and the scope of his technical analysis of what is happening within the various elements of our international performances.

Well done Murray. You'll make the Irish rugby public as knowlegible as New Zealanders before you know it.

Éist! Éist!!! Murray Kinsella has single-handedly raised Irish rugby commentary and analysis to a higher plane. If you notice, he's also the one at the press conferences, who puts the most intelligent questions to Joe Schmidt and the other coaches. Fair play, Murray, and keep up the good work!!!!!!!

:happy clapper: :clap: :green clap:
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

His general work is very good. But his boot licking of Nuciforia and white washing his failures is a blot on his record
Anyone But New Zealand
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

FLIP wrote:His general work is very good. But his boot licking of Nuciforia and white washing his failures is a blot on his record
It’s a price to be paid for getting access to ask good questions.

Besides, in the wider narrative, the favour he did to Munster has more traction than the injury done to Leinster.

Carbery is the sort of player who sells season tickets, it’s just a shame Munster stop selling them in May.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

ronk wrote:
FLIP wrote:His general work is very good. But his boot licking of Nuciforia and white washing his failures is a blot on his record
It’s a price to be paid for getting access to ask good questions.

Besides, in the wider narrative, the favour he did to Munster has more traction than the injury done to Leinster.

Carbery is the sort of player who sells season tickets, it’s just a shame Munster stop selling them in May.
It's not just the Carbery situation, also the u20 situation. That will hurt Munster more in the long run, as if our production lessens, what will Munster steal?
Anyone But New Zealand
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

MK works for an online paper but gets embedded access like a broadsheet. He can be cut out more easily and be basically just a blogger.

He wrote a story that gets a few clicks and gets fed more that generate more.

Nucifora can insulate himself easily from the U20 mess, it’s only been mentioned by people who already think he’s doing a bad job.

The diaspora is the new academy.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

I think you're failing to understand what "sells". After the most successful season in Irish rugby in 9 years with a first SH series win on the line he focused on the things that contributed. Most people don't want a tangent about the difficulties of the U20s.

I also suspect there's a sizeable contingent of the Irish rugby public who will view any questioning of POCs appointment as heresy. Topic for another day.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
enby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by enby »

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/ ... june-tests

So Gerard Meagher, the man who thinks Newcastle were the European team of the year, is paid money to write an article in which he asserts that Adam Byrne was the only player on the touring squad not to get any game time in Australia.

Sure that's mad, Ted.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

enby wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/ ... june-tests

So Gerard Meagher, the man who thinks Newcastle were the European team of the year, is paid money to write an article in which he asserts that Adam Byrne was the only player on the touring squad not to get any game time in Australia.

Sure that's mad, Ted.
Could easily just be a brainfart and he meant to say Ross Byrne.
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

hugonaut wrote:
enby wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/ ... june-tests

Sure that's mad, Ted.
Could easily just be a brainfart and he meant to say Ross Byrne.
In fairness, it’s likely he did mean Ross Byrne.

That’s not to say Meagher is any sort of seer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
enby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by enby »

No doubt he should have mentioned Ross B but my bet is that he assumed that the Byrne player was Adam and was unaware that it was Ross. When you are paid to write a couple of pieces a week, you should really do a bit of research work
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Anyone see the Indo piece that ROC wrote today on the 'Top 50 Irish players'? :lol:

Literally 'what I did on my summer holidays' type stuff. He actually forgot Ringrose and had to add him after someone mentioned it.

You couldn't write it!
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

wixfjord wrote:Anyone see the Indo piece that ROC wrote today on the 'Top 50 Irish players'? :lol:

Literally 'what I did on my summer holidays' type stuff. He actually forgot Ringrose and had to add him after someone mentioned it.

You couldn't write it!
I did like the way the word count declined rapidly as he got outside his top ten.

So who dropped out? or did the count go to 51?
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

domhnallj wrote:
wixfjord wrote:Anyone see the Indo piece that ROC wrote today on the 'Top 50 Irish players'? :lol:

You couldn't write it!
I did like the way the word count declined rapidly as he got outside his top ten.

So who dropped out? or did the count go to 51?
Niall Scannell dropped out.
He's gotten awfully fond of that brick
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

GT really is a clown.
Quote:
While Blackrock and the Leinster academy can each claim some small slice of Carbery, his family and rugby roots are, essentially, from Athy, which is not a million miles from Munster.

He also equates Henshaws move to Leinster with Joey's to Munster.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/ ... -1.3617195
Made Of Ale
Graduate

Post by Made Of Ale »

desperado wrote:GT really is a clown.
Quote:
While Blackrock and the Leinster academy can each claim some small slice of Carbery, his family and rugby roots are, essentially, from Athy, which is not a million miles from Munster.
Athy is as geographically close to Munster as Limerick is geographically close to Leinster.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

To be fair Athy is not a million miles from Munster.

It might as well be in the context of Carbery's rugby development, but it isn't actually a million miles. I didn't link to an article last week where he said, in a Robbie Keane style, that he had always been a Munster supporter.

Remember Gerry: we have always been at war with Eurasia!
SoupyNorman
Bookworm

Post by SoupyNorman »

Wow. Gerry must have been very well looked after down south. That Athy comment was quite bewildering.
Love his mention of the healthy crowd. Is this not the same Gerry who would have previously given out about crowd attendances not reflecting the official announcement.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

It's a toss-up between Kildare [the town] and Athy as to which is the most centrally located town in the province of Leinster: http://www.ireland-map.co.uk/map-of-leinster.htm

It's literally in the middle of the province.
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Absolutely appalling drivel. The Athy comment just takes the biscuit. He really is a PR guy/shill for the IRFU at times.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!