A whiff of Cordite

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Re: A whiff of Cordite

Post by simonokeeffe »

CiaranIrl wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:INM sells enough to not need same guys complaining about same things every week and the wumming from Hook, Kelly, and off topic wumming from Franno
ROC has his moments

ROC has gone very clickbaity too and has grudge against Leo/Jamie

Examiner probably has the best quality stuff of the papers
I don't follow their books closely, but I think INM are losing money on their newspaper businesses, no? Wasn't there a big fuss about their staff losing the pension fund this year?

Anyway, my point was generally about the attractiveness of a role in a newspaper to a talented person. I have no doubt that someone like Hugonaut would be a superb rugby journalist. But I'd also guess that the average salary wouldn't be terribly appealing. http://dcu.ie/news/2016/july/s0716r.shtml
Profits have gone up last two years but I had to check
I thought you meant papers in general, Indo and Sunday Indo 2 best selling broadsheets so Im saying theyre in a healthy enough position not to be so tattley

Indo is a rag in general and is pretty much a tabloid
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Hippo wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:I blame the music industry - if they hadn't f%~ked around so much in the mid to late 90s they wouldn't have created a culture of acceptable piracy in response to massive overcharging, incredibly restrictive DRM, breeches of trust wrt privacy with rootkits, and many other mis-steps, the idea that content, any content, should be free wouldn't have taken the hold it has
Exactly. The music industry royally f%~ked it up for themselves and everybody else - mind you it shouldn't have come as much of a surprise that they did given how the whole sorry structure had been run for generations.
+1

They had the technical means to have all artists paid for their work and more and more work being distributed at lower cost than ever before. But they also had their maw clamped to the ovipositor of the the gold egg laying goose and they didn't care about killing it so long as they kept a stranglehold on it...

A perfect storm of greed, short sightedness, shady business practices, and outright criminality, mixed with venality, corruption of politics, and a stubborn belief that just because something had worked one way for as long as they remembered it always must.

Plus lots and lots more...

EDIT
Beware of earnings statements from INM Simon.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

fourthirtythree wrote:
Hippo wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:I blame the music industry - if they hadn't f%~ked around so much in the mid to late 90s they wouldn't have created a culture of acceptable piracy in response to massive overcharging, incredibly restrictive DRM, breeches of trust wrt privacy with rootkits, and many other mis-steps, the idea that content, any content, should be free wouldn't have taken the hold it has
Exactly. The music industry royally f%~ked it up for themselves and everybody else - mind you it shouldn't have come as much of a surprise that they did given how the whole sorry structure had been run for generations.
EDIT
Beware of earnings statements from INM Simon.
well we should probably take anything from that group with a pinch of salt
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

simonokeeffe wrote: well we should probably take anything from that group with a pinch of salt
Too much salt is bad for you.
Better to avoid the reason that gives rise to the need for taking the salt in the first place.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Are we talking disrespectfully about one of the Leinster Rugby Partners / Sponsors?
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Ruckedtobits wrote:Are we talking disrespectfully about one of the Leinster Rugby Partners / Sponsors?

Or even about He Who Shall Not Be Named (other than with parliamentary immunity in Dáil Éireann)?
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

riocard911 wrote:
Ruckedtobits wrote:Are we talking disrespectfully about one of the Leinster Rugby Partners / Sponsors?

Or even about He Who Shall Not Be Named (other than with parliamentary immunity in Dáil Éireann)?
Yes
Next we'll be having a cut at our financial institutions
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

simonokeeffe wrote: Indo is a rag in general and is pretty much a tabloid

http://www.independent.ie/business/farm ... 29789.html

Classic! :lol:
Dont Panic!
EarthGorilla
Beginner

Post by EarthGorilla »

Dexter wrote:

Case in point!

I remember when newspapers published news, and not the senseless meanderings of a low grade troll.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Haha that reminds me of the good old days before the 09 semi, there were a few similar pieces to that floating around.
Think there was a piece in the Indo on the two sides. IIRC the Leinster rep spoke about Leinster, and the Munster rep spoke about Leinster.
The chip is still strong.

My favourite line
They can't shake off the Ladyboy image while Munster has an irresistible primeval aura - physical, dogged, grounded and passionate with a strong team spirit.
'An irresistible primeval aura'

:lol:
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

wixfjord wrote:Haha that reminds me of the good old days before the 09 semi, there were a few similar pieces to that floating around.
Think there was a piece in the Indo on the two sides. IIRC the Leinster rep spoke about Leinster, and the Munster rep spoke about Leinster.

My favourite line
They can't shake off the Ladyboy image while Munster has an irresistible primeval aura - physical, dogged, grounded and passionate with a strong team spirit.

I think that piece was in the Irish Times. Niall Kiely was the gobshite in question. A former poster here wrote a very good piece. I posted a thread on it last year I think
A proud Winsome Fluter
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

wixfjord wrote:Haha that reminds me of the good old days before the 09 semi, there were a few similar pieces to that floating around.

My favourite line

Not for very much longer though what with Donncha Ryan decamping to gay Paree next season for the extra moola!!!
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

This kinda stuff was quite common before croker 2009, then they all switched back to the hurling the next day. There's no bandwagon like a Munster bandwagon. And its not just about getting behind Munster, it needs to be done in the context of them ladyboys up in dirty dublin.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

I love it when they pull that sh!t: it exposes their own inferiority complex and need to construct elaborate quasi erotic fetishes to congratulate themselves on a mutual fantasy.

It's up there with being made favourite by the bookies to me. Bring it on.

Unfortunately we are not favourites.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

blockhead wrote:This kinda stuff was quite common before croker 2009, then they all switched back to the hurling the next day. There's no bandwagon like a Munster bandwagon. And its not just about getting behind Munster, it needs to be done in the context of them ladyboys up in dirty dublin.

Munster are the Welsh of Ireland
I have Bumbleflex
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Dexter wrote:

They never went away you know. :(

Just been a lot quieter of late.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Dexter wrote:

They appear to think that the game tomorrow will be in Thomond :roll:

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/m ... 42114.html
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

My favourite line

its almost as if she never goes to any games OR KNOWS HOW MANY HEAD OF CATTLE SOB HAS

One thing Munster had/capitalised on was they were for a while seen by some as being more Irish/rural and Leinster were more a Dublin team

Can guarantee you shes the type of person that goes to a game and loudly declares 'this is great isnt it' when she sits down
ChrisUppy
Graduate

Post by ChrisUppy »

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/e ... -1.3056552

"Finally in the back row Rhys Ruddock comes in at blind side flanker, with Dan Leavy moving across to the open side and Jack Conan continuing at number eight. Josh van der Flier must be content with a place on the bench as Leinster go for a heavyweight backrow to compete with Billy Vunipola and co."
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Did Munster sign even more of our players???

That's a joke.