A whiff of Cordite

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Re: A whiff of Cordite

Post by johng »

Funny that the 3 of them are on together when Eddie never selected either of them in 07
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Ruckedtobits wrote:It's worth watching the RTE coverage if only to see how long Jamie can last before he tells EO'S to "Shut the f*#k up you opinionated little pr#*k, you're so out of touch with the realities of the game today". His body language is on the edge of explosion!
TBF it's going to be a close run thing as to whether it'll be Ferris or EOS gets it first.
EOS (I'm not a fan) has a brain, at least.
Jamie was/is a Rolls Royce, the other two lads are Honda's (Pun intended)
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

johng wrote:Funny that the 3 of them are on together when Eddie never selected either of them in 07
Thought he brought Ferris to the RWC but left the Rolls Royce parked in the garage.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Brought Ferris but didn't play him is my memory. I could of course be wrong
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

johng wrote:Brought Ferris but didn't play him is my memory. I could of course be wrong
Eddie went with a 17 or 18 man squad for that world cup :lol:
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

johng wrote:Brought Ferris but didn't play him is my memory. I could of course be wrong
From memory, one of 6 players who didn't even make a matchday 22 that tournament.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

cormac wrote:
From memory, one of 6 players who didn't even make a matchday 22 that tournament.
An EOS hallmark.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

cormac wrote:
An EOS hallmark.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Jamie should consider crying off that gig before something serious happens. Rarely seen him look so uncomfortable, stuck between EO'S and DO'B, who patronisingly tells him "we'll get to that a little later" everytime Jamie outlines a little technical description of what's really going to happen in particular aspects of Sunday's game.

If DO'B had Rog on the Panel he would be feeding him openings to get such gold-dust from his lips. But DO'B sounds and behaves like one of the anonymous Munster posters on The42 who spent the last 10 years slagging off Robert K and Jamie for being Leinster Blues and never Ireland Greens.

But Jamie won't walk away from it, so I'll have to tune in for the next round and await the knock-out blow - to either EO'S or DO'B. Personally, I'd prefer the latter gets it first.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Ruckedtobits wrote:Jamie should consider crying off that gig before something serious happens. Rarely seen him look so uncomfortable, stuck between EO'S and DO'B, who patronisingly tells him "we'll get to that a little later" everytime Jamie outlines a little technical description of what's really going to happen in particular aspects of Sunday's game.

If DO'B had Rog on the Panel he would be feeding him openings to get such gold-dust from his lips. But DO'B sounds and behaves like one of the anonymous Munster posters on The42 who spent the last 10 years slagging off Robert K and Jamie for being Leinster Blues and never Ireland Greens.

But Jamie won't walk away from it, so I'll have to tune in for the next round and await the knock-out blow - to either EO'S or DO'B. Personally, I'd prefer the latter gets it first.
No Jamie won't walk away. Himself n Fez are going to have some fun before this tournament is over. Eddie is going to have his stamina tested.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

Does anyone proofread or spell check any Irish Times articles anymore? Another couple of typos in Gerry's article from Yokohama yesterday. Seems to be the norm now.

The piece about Joe's last home game a few weeks back had his combined Leinster and Ireland home record as won 74, drew 1 and lost 10 from 80 games. :?
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

They sacked their subs en masse about 15 years ago. Nobody has subs these days. Sure hasn't your word processor got a spellcheck? :roll:
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

fourthirtythree wrote:They sacked their subs en masse about 15 years ago. Nobody has subs these days. Sure hasn't your word processor got a spellcheck? :roll:
Send in the espoirs so!
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

cormac wrote:
Bryan Young was only named sub who didn’t get on in any game. Brian Carney, Stephen Ferris and Alan Quinlan not selected at all.
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

That's a lot of 6s to leave out
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Ruckedtobits wrote:It's worth watching the RTE coverage if only to see how long Jamie can last before he tells EO'S to "Shut the f*#k up you opinionated little pr#*k, you're so out of touch with the realities of the game today". His body language is on the edge of explosion!
The look of disdain for EOS whenever he opens his mouth is must see TV.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

paddyor wrote:
The look of disdain for EOS whenever he opens his mouth is must see TV.
Jamie will put the boot into EOS, probably for the QFs.
He'll come in wearing a pair of white loafers to match his boots when he was playing.
Can't wait to see it.
joooooe
Enlightened

Post by joooooe »

riocard911 wrote:
joooooe wrote:This is funny: https://twitter.com/AssuredlyGerryT/
Hilarious!!!!! :happy clapper: :clap: :green clap:
More Thornleyisms again today I see.
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

Just back from Yokohama and (rugby aside) it was a fantastic trip.

I noticed a characteristically incoherent 'piece' by Cummiskey in the IT which seemed to be suggesting that the locals are polite to visitors' faces but secretly dislike them, or something. I can't read minds as well as Gav obviously, but they seemed incredibly welcoming and helpful to me.

Seriously, how does he hold down his job?
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Hippo wrote:Just back from Yokohama and (rugby aside) it was a fantastic trip.

I noticed a characteristically incoherent 'piece' by Cummiskey in the IT which seemed to be suggesting that the locals are polite to visitors' faces but secretly dislike them, or something. I can't read minds as well as Gav obviously, but they seemed incredibly welcoming and helpful to me.

Seriously, how does he hold down his job?
I'd say it's not just the Japanese who are polite to Cummiskey's face but secretly dislike him.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish