A whiff of Cordite

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

All Blacks nil
Mullet

Re: A whiff of Cordite

Post by All Blacks nil »

Edna Kenny wrote:Cummiskey in IT gets a nice dig in at "pint hunting" Leinster supporters for their "Lofty, unnecessary arrogance". Shame that he has to single out one comment by one supporter to generalise.
He surely made that up.
Lar
Mullet

Post by Lar »

All Blacks nil wrote:
Edna Kenny wrote:Cummiskey in IT gets a nice dig in at "pint hunting" Leinster supporters for their "Lofty, unnecessary arrogance". Shame that he has to single out one comment by one supporter to generalise.
He surely made that up.
Are you suggesting we don't have a single supporter guilty of lofty, unnecessary arrogance, who likes his pints?
Four Stars
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

That was Kelly who wrote that piece about Gopperth? That is absolutely awful and genuinely hard to read. I wonder what an English teacher would give that at leaving cert honours level, maybe a C if he was very very lucky. I remember Hugo posting an article of his before and I burst out laughing in the office.

Cummiskey seems to have a massive chip on his shoulder and hate being involved with rugby, it's bizarre. He offers absolutely no insight either and suspect he just fell into writing about rugby because he went to Rock.
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

From the match review yesterday:
Gavin Cummiskey wrote: "At half-time a pint hunting Leinster supporter stalled in the upper echelons of the Aviva’s west stand to needlessly inquire of the Wasps analysis team: “Is this all the English Premiership has to offer?”

At this moment Dai Young’s “rabbits in head lights” (the coach’s words) were trailing 22-3 as the good times seeped back into Irish rugby. And with it comes that lofty, unnecessary arrogance."
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

nc6000 wrote:From the match review yesterday:
Gavin Cummiskey wrote: "At half-time a pint hunting Leinster supporter stalled in the upper echelons of the Aviva’s west stand to needlessly inquire of the Wasps analysis team: “Is this all the English Premiership has to offer?”

At this moment Dai Young’s “rabbits in head lights” (the coach’s words) were trailing 22-3 as the good times seeped back into Irish rugby. And with it comes that lofty, unnecessary arrogance."
It's an autobiographical article
Dont Panic!
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

In fairness whoever that lad was out of order. I suspect the guilty party used a more bantering rather than sneering tone (and Cummiskey in my view wrongly implies the latter), but still not great. Probably a middle-aged, arrogant toff with a big coat and too much alcohol. In reality this guy is maybe one in a thousand of Leinster fans but gets bandied around as the norm in the media.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

neiliog93 wrote:In fairness whoever that lad was out of order. I suspect the guilty party used a more bantering rather than sneering tone (and Cummiskey in my view wrongly implies the latter), but still not great. Probably a middle-aged, arrogant toff with a big coat and too much alcohol. In reality this guy is maybe one in a thousand of Leinster fans but gets bandied around as the norm in the media.
In reality the guy does not exist
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Lar wrote:
All Blacks nil wrote:
He surely made that up.
Are you suggesting we don't have a single supporter guilty of lofty, unnecessary arrogance, who likes his pints?
Stop subtweeting me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

I'd give Cummiskey the benefit of the doubt on whether he exists.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

neiliog93 wrote:I'd give Cummiskey the benefit of the doubt on whether he exists.
You're in a more charitable mood than me right now.
Raydollard
Graduate

Post by Raydollard »

He probably posts on this site too!
Lar
Mullet

Post by Lar »

Twist wrote:
Lar wrote:
Stop subtweeting me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had to look up subtweeting and apparently it is a bad thing to do - something like talking about someone behind their back? You have my unreserved apologies if I have unwittingly done so. If your post has sailed whooshlike over my head, fair play to you.
Four Stars
Cor. Ind.
Learner

Post by Cor. Ind. »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:
neiliog93 wrote:I'd give Cummiskey the benefit of the doubt on whether he exists.
You're in a more charitable mood than me right now.
:?

Have you guys ever read the Planet Rugby forum?

There's about 10 proud Leinster supporters on there claiming it was them! :lol:
"Only in America!"

Yogi Berra - on learning the Lord Mayor of Dublin was a Jew.
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

Raydollard wrote:He probably posts on this site too!
Is that you Gav?
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:
neiliog93 wrote:In fairness whoever that lad was out of order. I suspect the guilty party used a more bantering rather than sneering tone (and Cummiskey in my view wrongly implies the latter), but still not great. Probably a middle-aged, arrogant toff with a big coat and too much alcohol. In reality this guy is maybe one in a thousand of Leinster fans but gets bandied around as the norm in the media.
I can think of one chap I've seen at plenty of Leinster games, that I could imagine doing just that.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Laighin Break wrote:
Oldschoolsocks wrote:
I can think of one chap I've seen at plenty of Leinster games, that I could imagine doing just that.
Does he sit in the Grandstand?
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Hey I sit in the grandstand
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

jimbobjoe wrote:
Raydollard wrote:He probably posts on this site too!
Is that you Gav?
it all adds up now...

we need a safe space for Cummiskey at games so fat middle aged men dont intimidate him

most of us (here) agree you get some muppets and daytrippers at Landsdowne Road games, and well when you play in a 52k stadium rather than 20k that might happen, but if thats the worst example he can come up with we can claim to be the best fans in the world. dont let him meet any Welsh fans, he'll take to the valium
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

POM is a fair man for the pointing alright. Showing real leadership here.
https://www.facebook.com/MurrayGKinsell ... =3&theater
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Or he thought the frenchman was a monkey - it happens.
I have Bumbleflex