A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

kermischocolate
Mullet

Re: A whiff of Cordite

Post by kermischocolate »

cormac wrote:
Ruckedtobits wrote:
enby wrote:Comiskey on OTB seems to be of the view that Munster would play their semi against Saracens in TP.
He's right in that. Munster not interested in additional crowds and paying money to Aviva company. They want TP atmosphere and no distractions. They'll stay there unless instructed otherwise.
Thomond Park is their designated home stadium so tournament rules forbid them from playing a semi-final there. Are you Gavin Cumiskey?
What are the rules for semi final venue criteria? Does anyone have a link?
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Post by neill_m »

The semi-final matches will be played at venues designated by EPCR

http://www.epcrugby.com/europeanrugbych ... /rules.php
kermischocolate
Mullet

Post by kermischocolate »

neill_m wrote:The semi-final matches will be played at venues designated by EPCR

Cheers. Is there any reason the semi final can't be the same venue as the final?

Rumour has it if Glasgow win v Sarries (unlikely, I know) "our" semi would be in Celtic Park. (Ibrox pitch is too small, Hampden is busy, Celtic have previously played in Murrayfield).
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Cummiskey really is reaching Conor George levels of spoof these days! :lol:
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

wixfjord wrote:Cummiskey really is reaching Conor George levels of spoof these days! :lol:
Problem is, he's not spoofing.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Post by neill_m »

kermischocolate wrote:
neill_m wrote:The semi-final matches will be played at venues designated by EPCR

Cheers. Is there any reason the semi final can't be the same venue as the final?

Rumour has it if Glasgow win v Sarries (unlikely, I know) "our" semi would be in Celtic Park. (Ibrox pitch is too small, Hampden is busy, Celtic have previously played in Murrayfield).
Does not say so. SRU would have to pay to use Celtic Park, they own Murrayfield!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

The SRU wouldn't, the EPCR would - they also have to pay to use Murrayfield.
I have Bumbleflex
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

wixfjord wrote:Cummiskey really is reaching Conor George levels of spoof these days! :lol:
He has little to no credibility these days, as a writer or a broadcaster. And there he is, every Monday, talking shite on the radio.

He does sound like he's their buddy though. And that probably helps.
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

kermischocolate wrote:

I don't think that would be a problem - in previous guise, Lansdowne was a semi and final venue. A stadium can be proposed but ultimately it is EPCR who decide - and they will be looking at maximising net revenue - and secondarily the match day / tv experience
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

heard an ad for Sunday Indo where Paul Kimmage says cycling is the best sport in the world, now who's on drugs???
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

simonokeeffe wrote:heard an ad for Sunday Indo where Paul Kimmage says cycling is the best sport in the world, now who's back on drugs???
Fixed
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

Ali Williams and James O'Connor charges by Parisian police over cocaine discovery
http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/a ... 86354.html

There is an article on independent.ie for well over an hour now with that massive error in the headline.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

suisse wrote:
Ali Williams and James O'Connor charges by Parisian police over cocaine discovery

There is an article on independent.ie for well over an hour now with that massive error in the headline.
Personally I find the so-called "war on drugs" absolutely pathetic and boring at this stage. The prohibition of certain mood-altering substances causes huge societal suffering, while the only ones who profit from it are the secret services and the police state. You won't hear me condemning O'Connor and Williams for indulging in a bit of recreational drug-taking. Big deal in Dodge.....
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

riocard911 wrote:
suisse wrote:

Personally I find the so-called "war on drugs" absolutely pathetic and boring at this stage. The prohibition of certain mood-altering substances causes huge societal suffering, while the only ones who profit from it are the secret services and the police state. You won't hear me condemning O'Connor and Williams for indulging in a bit of recreational drug-taking. Big deal in Dodge.....
youve never had to talk to anyone on coke have you?
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

@ simonokeefe - Let's just put it like this: I'm in my fifties now, but I didn't spend my youth under a rock.....
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

riocard911 wrote:@ simonokeefe - Let's just put it like this: I'm in my fifties now, but I didn't spend my youth under a rock.....
you played second row for Brumbies, Ulster, and Bath? :D
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Just a word on Joanne Cantwell tonight: I thought she did a great job of asking questions of Nucifora and keeping going. She was respectful and didn't turn it into an ego interviewer battle. She asked questions like we deserved good answers and didn't let him off the hook without being rude.

Much better than I expect. She should probably move from sport.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

simonokeeffe wrote:
riocard911 wrote:@ simonokeefe - Let's just put it like this: I'm in my fifties now, but I didn't spend my youth under a rock.....
you played second row for Brumbies, Ulster, and Bath? :D
Gas! I'll leave you with this little gem: The "war on drugs is one big lie" - Anabel Hernández, author of "Los Senores del Narco"
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

fourthirtythree wrote:Just a word on Joanne Cantwell tonight: I thought she did a great job of asking questions of Nucifora and keeping going. She was respectful and didn't turn it into an ego interviewer battle. She asked questions like we deserved good answers and didn't let him off the hook without being rude.

Or be given a much bigger role in sport.

Said it in another thread but I'd love to see her take over from Daire O'Brien. It vexes me that he's on TV and I can't fathom what RTE see in him.
dropkick
Rhys Ruddock

Post by dropkick »

fourthirtythree wrote:Just a word on Joanne Cantwell tonight: I thought she did a great job of asking questions of Nucifora and keeping going. She was respectful and didn't turn it into an ego interviewer battle. She asked questions like we deserved good answers and didn't let him off the hook without being rude.

It's a joke Nucifora had to come on and explain himself for the crime of helping the woman's game grow. Soon there'll be feminists protests demanding equal pay for the women's internationals.

It's a pity they wouldn't spend more time talking about the U20s.