A whiff of Cordite

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Re: A whiff of Cordite

Post by ronk »

"When the highlights are shown 100 years from now O’Mahony’s scramble to recover Beauden Barrett’s grubber will inspire Earth’s remaining population."

Cummiskey with one of the biggest piles of shite ever committed to print.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

ronk wrote:Every single NIQ (or otherwise) signing displaces at least one player, more if guys are sharing time as they develop.

There are other potential benefits but there is also a loser(s).

Lowe can do things that no Irish winger in the pro era has been able to do. Stockdale is close (& better in other areas) but he came through later.

Lowe's ability to crash over the line from wide and short range is game changing: gor Ireland and Leinster.
Lowe is overhyped.
Don't get me wrong I think he's a good player but Saracens shut him down completely.
However his lack of exposure to big games may be a factor in that regard.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Oldschool wrote:
ronk wrote:Every single NIQ (or otherwise) signing displaces at least one player, more if guys are sharing time as they develop.

Lowe can do things that no Irish winger in the pro era has been able to do. Stockdale is close (& better in other areas) but he came through later.

Lowe's ability to crash over the line from wide and short range is game changing: gor Ireland and Leinster.
Lowe is overhyped.
Don't get me wrong I think he's a good player but Saracens shut him down completely.
'Overhyped' :lol:

What was he last year when he took Sarries apart in the Aviva?
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

wixfjord wrote:
Oldschool wrote:

Lowe is overhyped.
'Overhyped' :lol:

What was he last year when he took Sarries apart in the Aviva?
Well then based on his more recent performance against the said same Sarries, he's gone backwards
Using your logic.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

ronk wrote:"When the highlights are shown 100 years from now O’Mahony’s scramble to recover Beauden Barrett’s grubber will inspire Earth’s remaining population."

Cummiskey with one of the biggest piles of shite ever committed to print.
Professional rugby player catches ball in front of him. Tomorrow, bear shits in woods
I have Bumbleflex
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Cummiskey also outlined POM's woeful stats (particularly poor of late), but said they don't matter cos leadership and rucks. Oh, such leadership. Much, much leadership. An average of 5-6 leaderships per game.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

Oldschool wrote:

Lowe is overhyped.
South Africa managed to shut down Lomu back in '95. It happens.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Laighin Break wrote:
Oldschool wrote:

Lowe is overhyped.
South Africa managed to shut down Lomu back in '95. It happens.
Was that not a dose of food poisoning?
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Oldschool wrote: Well then based on his more recent performance against the said same Sarries, he's gone backwards
Using your logic.
Well it was your logic OS! Personally I wouldn't be a fan of judging a player on one game.

Although I think you're just searching for a reaction with that initial comment, because anyone who has watched Lowe consistently for the last two years will understand that any 'hype' is warranted!
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Good interview with RK on OTB tonight
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

mildlyinterested wrote:Good interview with RK on OTB tonight
Very, very good interview. Well worth a listen for any Leinster fan.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Thanks for the heads up on RK.
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Ewan McKenna being a dick again today I see. What else is new?
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

CiaranIrl wrote:Ewan McKenna being a dick again today I see. What else is new?
I think it's best we use the Conor George rule for Ewan. Don't even post about him. Don't give him the oxygen. Nobody benefits.
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

wixfjord wrote:
CiaranIrl wrote:Ewan McKenna being a dick again today I see. What else is new?
I think it's best we use the Conor George rule for Ewan. Don't even post about him. Don't give him the oxygen. Nobody benefits.
Agreed. No interest whatsoever in giving him clicks or attention.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Anyone who reads him is an idiot, anyone who believes him is a moron, anyone who repeats him is a c**t.
I have Bumbleflex
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

Said in the other thread but reinforcing here.

He can go take a long walk on a short pier
He's gotten awfully fond of that brick
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Dave Cahill wrote:Anyone who reads him is an idiot, anyone who believes him is a moron, anyone who repeats him is a c**t.
With such a ringing endorsement I'm just going to have to read him now.
Where does he publish? - Careful with your answer, you wouldn't want anyone to think your a cetc.
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

Oldschool wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:Anyone who reads him is an idiot, anyone who believes him is a moron, anyone who repeats him is a c**t.
With such a ringing endorsement I'm just going to have to read him now.
Where does he publish? - Careful with your answer, you wouldn't want anyone to think your a cetc.
I have three sources I trust that have told me where you can find Ewan MacKenna articles but I won't reveal these sources (because they don't exist) but believe me (for no good reason) it could be a criminal matter (it never is).

Hope that helps.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

So what you're saying is... You respect his journalism?
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”