Rumour Mill

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Re: Rumour Mill

Postby Oldschool » November 3rd, 2017, 8:08 pm

Xanthippe wrote:
Ruckedtobits wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:List of current Leinster professional players:

Cian Healy(Leinster/Belvedere)
...
...
Tommy O'Brien(Leinster)


Fantastic research and a treasure trove on information. By my quick count there's about 108 players there. Wonder what their annual remuneration totals?

Quick (big number) guesstimate comes in something like €4-6m p.a. Will try to do something more accurate over next couple of days but maybe @Xanthippe has it calculated already.


Fantastic list Mildly - what a brilliant resource to have :clap:

RTB - sorry I don't keep any stats on salaries as I'm one of those boring people who think a player's wages are his own business

My wife doesn't even know what I earn - she thinks she does tho' so everyone's happy.
The secret to fake news is to make it believable. :twisted:
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
User avatar
Oldschool
Shane Horgan
 
Posts: 10100
Joined: March 27th, 2008, 2:10 pm

Re: Rumour Mill

Postby mildlyinterested » December 15th, 2017, 11:37 am

Sean Cronin headed to Bristol if rumours are true.
Last edited by mildlyinterested on December 15th, 2017, 11:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
mildlyinterested
Enlightened
 
Posts: 796
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Rumour Mill

Postby johng » December 15th, 2017, 11:55 am

mildlyinterested wrote:Sean Cronin headed to Bristol according if rumours are true.

Wow. That would be a sickner
User avatar
johng
Leo Cullen
 
Posts: 16726
Joined: March 23rd, 2009, 11:37 pm
Location: Behind You!!

Re: Rumour Mill

Postby jimbobjoe » December 15th, 2017, 11:56 am

Sweet Jebus I hope that isn't true
I'll die before I surrender, Tim.
User avatar
jimbobjoe
Enlightened
 
Posts: 897
Joined: September 16th, 2009, 9:23 pm

Re: Rumour Mill

Postby mildlyinterested » December 15th, 2017, 11:59 am

wait and see if true, would explain absence from Ireland squad... this is his last chance at a big payday and bristol are offering silly money.

so on a few levels it would make sense.
mildlyinterested
Enlightened
 
Posts: 796
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Rumour Mill

Postby bronxbull » December 15th, 2017, 12:05 pm

He has been a great addition to Leinster but with a young family and serious money potentially available you can see why an offer like that would turn his head if this is true.

It is a position in the front row where, unlike both prop positions, we perhaps are a little short of world class players.
bronxbull
Bookworm
 
Posts: 232
Joined: October 7th, 2010, 10:08 am

Re: Rumour Mill

Postby neiliog93 » December 15th, 2017, 4:33 pm

Explains absence from Ireland squad and with his contract up at the end of the season we'd been speculating about him moving away. He's 32 at the end of this season and with Best likely to soldier on to the 2019 RWC, had no prospect of a central contract until 2020, when he'd be 34 and potentially usurped by Niall Scannell. Financially for him, it does make sense. He's been playing really well and has a unique skill set, so is a serious loss for us and Ireland. If he is going, I wish him the best.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
User avatar
neiliog93
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3196
Joined: April 12th, 2008, 11:42 am

Re: Rumour Mill

Postby blockhead » December 15th, 2017, 4:48 pm

Bad news if true, he's been a great servant for us. Scored some memorable tries too, especially in finals. If it's his last big payday then who could begruge him his golden nugget.
Not an area of great strenght for us atm, hopefully some academy lad will come through.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
User avatar
blockhead
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3965
Joined: December 14th, 2011, 2:20 pm
Location: Bastardstown, Co. Wexford

Re: Rumour Mill

Postby neiliog93 » December 15th, 2017, 5:00 pm

If he does leave, I wouldn't mind a nice NIQ hooker to replace him (presumably Isa is retiring from playing at the end of the season, would be turning 37 by the end of the 2018-19 if he got another renewal). Look up Akker van der Merwe, similar type of hooker to Cronin in terms of dynamism but shorter and heavier physically and probably has better set-pieces. Little prospect of South African selection and still only 26.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
User avatar
neiliog93
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3196
Joined: April 12th, 2008, 11:42 am

Re: Rumour Mill

Postby mildlyinterested » December 15th, 2017, 5:10 pm

neiliog93 wrote:If he does leave, I wouldn't mind a nice NIQ hooker to replace him (presumably Isa is retiring from playing at the end of the season, would be turning 37 by the end of the 2018-19 if he got another renewal). Look up Akker van der Merwe, similar type of hooker to Cronin in terms of dynamism but shorter and heavier physically and probably has better set-pieces. Little prospect of South African selection and still only 26.


Wouldn't get my hopes up tbh.
mildlyinterested
Enlightened
 
Posts: 796
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Rumour Mill

Postby wixfjord » December 15th, 2017, 5:24 pm

Tracy and Strauss as our two senior hookers would be a bit of a disaster alright. The main thing going for us at hooker at the moment is not necessarily quality, but some level of depth. Cronin leaving would really reduce that.
We'd definitely need an NIQ.

Could see himleaving alright, his circumstances fit the profile of a guy who, logically, probably should if the Bristol offer is big.

Hopefully Ronan Kelleher might live up to his promise and come through.
wixfjord
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3117
Joined: April 13th, 2009, 1:00 pm

Re: Rumour Mill

Postby Gearzbox2 » December 15th, 2017, 6:23 pm

Hope Cronin stays, was really playing great stuff this time last year until hammy blew out and then had the neck issue
Slow start this year over injuries but seems to be re gathering some of that form and at 31 defo has plenty left in tank and overall when in form is by far our best option at 2
Has been such a great servant so here's hoping he stays....
Gearzbox2
Bookworm
 
Posts: 181
Joined: November 7th, 2015, 7:38 pm

Re: Rumour Mill

Postby LeRouxIsPHat » December 15th, 2017, 6:32 pm

If this is true then the guy I'd be after would be Rhys Marshall. He'll continue to get lots of game time with Munster when Scannell is fit but I reckon he'd start for us and would really suit our style of play. Don't see it happening, but I'd look into it.

I love watching Cronin play so hope this isn't true, but if it is then it would probably be a good time for him to go. When his pace goes then so does his value, he's not a guy who'll be able to play effectively until he's in his late 30's IMO. Just a pity that he wouldn't hang on until the World Cup.
User avatar
LeRouxIsPHat
Shane Horgan
 
Posts: 10378
Joined: January 22nd, 2009, 8:49 pm

Re: Rumour Mill

Postby wixfjord » December 15th, 2017, 7:20 pm

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:If this is true then the guy I'd be after would be Rhys Marshall. He'll continue to get lots of game time with Munster when Scannell is fit but I reckon he'd start for us and would really suit our style of play. Don't see it happening, but I'd look into it.

I love watching Cronin play so hope this isn't true, but if it is then it would probably be a good time for him to go. When his pace goes then so does his value, he's not a guy who'll be able to play effectively until he's in his late 30's IMO. Just a pity that he wouldn't hang on until the World Cup.


That's a good point about his speed. It really is the cornerstone of his game.
wixfjord
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3117
Joined: April 13th, 2009, 1:00 pm

Re: Rumour Mill

Postby simonokeeffe » December 15th, 2017, 9:19 pm

I hope he stays bigly, Strauss not long for us either

But if he goes I say it again

Niall Annet

IQ, 90 mins from his home, and Leinster going more places than Worcester
When he spreads his legs like that youd need dynamite or the Highland Light Infantry to shift him.
User avatar
simonokeeffe
Leo Cullen
 
Posts: 16121
Joined: July 21st, 2011, 3:04 am
Location: Dublin

Re: Rumour Mill

Postby mildlyinterested » December 15th, 2017, 9:33 pm

simonokeeffe wrote:I hope he stays bigly, Strauss not long for us either

But if he goes I say it again

Niall Annet

IQ, 90 mins from his home, and Leinster going more places than Worcester


Yeah but is he any good?
mildlyinterested
Enlightened
 
Posts: 796
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Rumour Mill

Postby CiaranIrl » December 15th, 2017, 10:08 pm

Niall, Scannell, Rhys Marshall, Kevin O'Byrne, Mike Sherry, Duncan Casey

That seems to be the Munster depth chart at Hooker right now. Something's gotta give there, surely? They've plundered enough of our team this last few years.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
User avatar
CiaranIrl
Girvan Dempsey
 
Posts: 2809
Joined: April 27th, 2009, 11:23 am
Location: Dun Laoghaire

Re: Rumour Mill

Postby mildlyinterested » December 15th, 2017, 10:27 pm

CiaranIrl wrote:Niall, Scannell, Rhys Marshall, Kevin O'Byrne, Mike Sherry, Duncan Casey

That seems to be the Munster depth chart at Hooker right now. Something's gotta give there, surely? They've plundered enough of our team this last few years.


Casey is AIL player and always injured.
Sherry is one injury from retirement.
Scannell not going anywhere.
O'Byrne is decent but not good enough to poach.
Marshall is good. But no out of contract anytime soon
mildlyinterested
Enlightened
 
Posts: 796
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: Rumour Mill

Postby blockhead » December 15th, 2017, 10:48 pm

mildlyinterested wrote:
CiaranIrl wrote:Niall, Scannell, Rhys Marshall, Kevin O'Byrne, Mike Sherry, Duncan Casey

That seems to be the Munster depth chart at Hooker right now. Something's gotta give there, surely? They've plundered enough of our team this last few years.


Casey is AIL player and always injured.
Sherry is one injury from retirement.
Scannell not going anywhere.
O'Byrne is decent but not good enough to poach.
Marshall is good. But no out of contract anytime soon


Hartley?
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
User avatar
blockhead
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3965
Joined: December 14th, 2011, 2:20 pm
Location: Bastardstown, Co. Wexford

Re: Rumour Mill

Postby Peg Leg » December 15th, 2017, 10:58 pm

Well im hoping Cronin stays.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
User avatar
Peg Leg
Devin Toner
 
Posts: 8078
Joined: February 1st, 2010, 6:08 pm
Location: Procrastinasia

PreviousNext

Return to Leinster Addicts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AhrefsBot [Bot], Google [Bot] and 3 guests