A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

MunsterSugar
Knowledgeable

Re: Rumour Mill

Post by MunsterSugar »

BlueBlue wrote:
MunsterSugar wrote:
Armchair wrote: Munster not in control anymore they are effectively under full control of IRFU after being bailed out. Decision making is out of their control, they can make suggestions but nothing else
Aren't they out of that now? Was said after all sell out recently they're back on track which is possibly true bu fact you see them linked with few signings. Also they get alot of revenue now on matchdays. The recent Shannon RFC bar report showed they've made more in bar between Sept 16 to Jan 17 than they did Sept 14 to June 16

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Munster owe 9m to the Irfu for Thomond Park build, on top of that they got bailed out to the tune of 1.2m to 2m last year by the IRFU, that's the amount Munster Rugby fell short of last year. They are going better this year sure with attendances, but no they are not out of 9 + 1.2 / 2m. They wont be until some time in the 2030's
As I said back on track. Not out of debt. But lets not forget IRFU get big slice of Thomond too and all its concessions unlike Leinster where they don't get concession sales etc. So that is why they helped there

*** Edited by mod - WUM ***
MunsterSugar
Knowledgeable

Post by MunsterSugar »

Dexter wrote:
MunsterSugar wrote:
Dexter wrote: Why would he do that? Seems strange.
Probably feels he can be higher rated and better exposure elsewhere

I presume people are joking with this type of talk. The guy is 22, has 31 Leinster caps, an Ireland cap, 18 appearances in the 21 games so far this season and is one of the most highly rated young players in the squad, in one of the most competitive areas of the squad.
But if you look all lads in front aren't old. Heaslip aside there is years in rest and even Heaslip is durable.
Like it's a big 1 but stay and he could be like a Ruddock or Dom Ryan. Good players but just caught up in the cluster of good options

*** Edited by mod - WUM ***
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

Mike McCarthy off to Narbonne according to the Indo
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

Madigan on Adam Ashely Cooper:

One of the big reasons I joined the club is that Adam-Ashley Cooper is there, and I talked to him at length before I joined. He's been great at advising me and he has been great for improving my game while I've been there. It's been very disappointing to hear that he [his contract] hasn't been extended by the club, which makes me question where their ambition is on that front.

You like to think they will bring in someone who has real experience, and who can input their intellectual ability. That's what you want, and you need that in the Top 14. If you look at the teams that have gone well, if you look at Pau, who have won their last six games, if you look at the intellectual guys working there, the likes of Colin Slade, Conrad Smith. They are a side that has grown as it has gone on.

It was one I didn't really understand. He is vital for our back play: he is always inputting ideas on strategy, and he is our top try-scorer, so anytime I've played with him, he makes you feel very good about yourself. He is the type of guy you want to play alongside, and that would be felt throughout the club: both the international players and the French players, they really enjoyed playing alongside him. He's a vital part of the club, so when it was learnt that he wasn't being kept on, it was a blow to everyone. He'll be a very good signing for someone.
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

goreyguy wrote:Mike McCarthy off to Narbonne according to the Indo
That's fair enough. He'll be 36 next season and hasn't been the same since the concussions. Hopefully he's on half decent money over there.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Hope it goes well for him, he left nothing behind him with us.
I have Bumbleflex
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Dave Cahill wrote:Hope it goes well for him, he left nothing behind him with us.
Or anyone. A real warrior and can look back on his career with pride. 20 caps.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Not to be a selfish fan but I'd rather see him retire for the sake of his (longterm) health
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

the spoofer wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:Hope it goes well for him, he left nothing behind him with us.
Or anyone. A real warrior and can look back on his career with pride. 20 caps.

For sure. He turned missing out on RWC '15 into being, IMO, our standout player the first half of last season. He did Trojan work and led by example what was a relatively young and inexperienced team. That video of him joyfully unpacking all his Ireland gear in Carton House, when Joe gave him the nod for the 6 Nations was heartwarming and his being laid out on his back in the French game all the more disappointing. Best of luck to him wherever he goes!!!!
Golf Man
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Golf Man »

Dexter wrote:
goreyguy wrote:Some talk online that leavy is leaving for another province.
I presume people are joking with this type of talk. The guy is 22, has 31 Leinster caps, an Ireland cap, 18 appearances in the 21 games so far this season and is one of the most highly rated young players in the squad, in one of the most competitive areas of the squad.

Not necessairily - SOB and Heaslip are around for another 2.5 years. Van der Flier is probably in a stronger position than him, given his involvement with Ireland, and tahts before you consider Conan, who has suggested he wants to stay

Its a short existence as a pro player and I know that this is drilled into academy guys now - have to make hay and all that - if Leavy sees SOb and VDF signed up already and he is offered twice teh money elsewhere then he could leave - of course its a possibility - pretty much the same thing that happened with Hanrahan.

Good inter province transfer like this shoudl be welcomed imo
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

Golf Man wrote:
Dexter wrote:

Not necessairily - SOB and Heaslip are around for another 2.5 years. Van der Flier is probably in a stronger position than him, given his involvement with Ireland, and tahts before you consider Conan, who has suggested he wants to stay

Its a short existence as a pro player and I know that this is drilled into academy guys now - have to make hay and all that - if Leavy sees SOb and VDF signed up already and he is offered twice teh money elsewhere then he could leave - of course its a possibility - pretty much the same thing that happened with Hanrahan.

I'm sure Munster fans would welcome news of O'Donoghue moving to Connacht.
erskinechilders
Knowledgeable

Post by erskinechilders »

Apparently Jordi is a target for Wasps, according to Rugby Inside Line on twitter. Sam Jones is off to Harlequins.

With Ryan also ( probably ) leaving, that means Leavy doesn't have a huge amount of competition ahead of him.

(Ruddock, O'Brien, JVDF, Leavy, Conan, Heaslip)
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

erskinechilders wrote:Apparently Jordi is a target for Wasps, according to Rugby Inside Line on twitter. Sam Jones is off to Harlequins.

With Ryan also ( probably ) leaving, that means Leavy doesn't have a huge amount of competition ahead of him.

Assuming Jordi leaves.
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

Golf Man wrote:
Dexter wrote:

Good for who?

Swap for Conor Murray? That would be a good inter "province" transfer.
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Golf Man wrote:
Dexter wrote:

Absolute Bol*#!s

Leavy is only now developing into the senior player he has "potentially" looked like for the past 6/7 years. He knows the Leinster players well who will be the backbone of this Squad and culture for the next decade and he knows rugby well enough at this point that Leinster is just about as good as it gets for ambition, facilities and coaching.

He has seen the arrival of a former English Head Coach who has not only had a significant impact but also been impressed enough by what he has experienced, to commit to a further two years at least.

He has experienced a two-week crash course from a NZ Head Coach who won the RWC, who stated after his soujourn that Leinster had "as good a Club set-up, as any in the world".

Dan Leavy has a pretty good idea how good he is. He won't be leaving Leinster until he has determined what he can win with them and for them. Thereafter, who knows. I'd suggest that at this point, not even him.
Golf Man
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Golf Man »

IanD wrote:
Golf Man wrote:
Good for who?

Swap for Conor Murray? That would be a good inter "province" transfer.
Huh? I'd prefer to see Leavy at Ulster say than in England - likewise I'd prefer if madigan went to connacht last year rather than bordeaux. The only transfers within Ireland tend to be the secons level of player (apart from when Connacht are being harvested of course) - if there is a glut of good players in one position then I'd prefer them playing elsewhere (Leinster backrowers and Ulster backs are obviously teh best examples)
Golf Man
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Golf Man »

Ruckedtobits wrote: Absolute Bol*#!s

Leavy is only now developing into the senior player he has "potentially" looked like for the past 6/7 years. He knows the Leinster players well who will be the backbone of this Squad and culture for the next decade and he knows rugby well enough at this point that Leinster is just about as good as it gets for ambition, facilities and coaching.

He has seen the arrival of a former English Head Coach who has not only had a significant impact but also been impressed enough by what he has experienced, to commit to a further two years at least.

He has experienced a two-week crash course from a NZ Head Coach who won the RWC, who stated after his soujourn that Leinster had "as good a Club set-up, as any in the world".

Dan Leavy has a pretty good idea how good he is. He won't be leaving Leinster until he has determined what he can win with them and for them. Thereafter, who knows. I'd suggest that at this point, not even him.
Dan Leavy is also playing in a position where he has two guys on central contracts in front of him for the next two years, and also has to contend with established internationals like Murphy, VDF and Ruddock, as well as another youngster, in Conan. He has high profile now and may get offered big money to move, that can't be matched by the Leinster given his status

Of course there are loyalties - but you are overselling the Leinster thing - you could have said exactly the same thing about Marty Moore last year - and he moved

Its far from certain that all will stay because they are from Leinster - guys do need to cash in and make teh most of their careers. This is not about Leavy obviously - you can have the same agruement about Murphy, Ruddock, Conan - SOB and Heaslip are sigend on and its very very hard to see VDF moving given his last year. The other players - their "value" is probably pretty high now
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

Golf Man wrote:

Leavy has been in 18/21 match day 23's for Leinster this season, got an Irish cap, is in or around the 6 nations squad

He is only 22.

Are you being serious that this would be a good transfer between provinces? Or judging by your numerous posts in numerous threads just having a very bad day?
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

erskinechilders wrote:Apparently Jordi is a target for Wasps, according to Rugby Inside Line on twitter. Sam Jones is off to Harlequins.

Murphy knows if he moves to England he presses pause on playing for Ireland and wont go to RWC, plus I get the feeling he would consider himself ahead of/better than Leavy at the very least and probably JVDF
He'd have significant competition from Haskell and the COACH'S SON for flanker at Wasps, Nathan Hughes would have 8 on lockdown
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Rugbyinsideline is FOS. Theres no inside line, just rumours.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles