Rumour Mill

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Oldschool
Cian Healy

Re: Rumour Mill

Post by Oldschool »

cormac wrote:Best of luck to him.

It's fairly frustrating to see the kind of squad depth we had last season gently being eroded.
Never, ever heard the use of a sledgehammer being described as gentle.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

mildlyinterested wrote:Ah well, next man up.

Thanks for the memories Jack, I hope whatever incentive the IRFU gave you to move will be worth it.
RWC winners medal - potentially.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
harblstuff
Bookworm

Post by harblstuff »

ronk wrote:We arent even out of the woods yet, there are still renewals not confirmed.

The IRFU have moved a Leinster contracted player mid contract and another centrally contracted player mid contract.

While I'm never thrilled to see a player leave Leinster, if it's the end of their contract, they've failed to get game time and their form is suffering - I won't begrudge them.

But I'm starting to think these contracts aren't worth the PDFs they're digitally signed on.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

seems to be rumours on twitter that the three kearneys are all leaving at the end of the season.

wait and see on that.
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Post by neill_m »

mildlyinterested wrote:seems to be rumours on twitter that the three kearneys are all leaving at the end of the season.

wait and see on that.

The source for the Dave Kearney one comes from a pre QF Q&A in Slatterys on Friday with Ferris and Mal O’Kelly when one of them referenced it. Several people I know were there and confirmed it was said.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Other provinces seem reasonably well covered in those positions. All it would do is push existing players out.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Robbie Burns song "For Ould Lang Syne" has been added to the supporters repertoire of songs.
Reckon it's going to get a fair bit of airing.
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

Mick to Connacht (Cannon and Claffey being released apparently), and Dave to Ulster is what I've read elsewhere. We must be losing somebody in the back three if Kelleher's coming in. But that could just be Rob retiring or heading to France.

Hopefully MK and DK are in the thick of the action for the rest of the season and that encourages them to stay. If Toner's back, including Mick Kearney in the XXIII could allow them to fit JGP and Lowe in, so that might be the best thing all round.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

leinsterforever wrote:Mick to Connacht (Cannon and Claffey being released apparently), and Dave to Ulster is what I've read elsewhere. We must be losing somebody in the back three if Kelleher's coming in. But that could just be Rob retiring or heading to France.

Hopefully MK and DK are in the thick of the action for the rest of the season and that encourages them to stay. If Toner's back, including Mick Kearney in the XXIII could allow them to fit JGP and Lowe in, so that might be the best thing all round.
DK and MK must be leaving, they've been playing really well recently....
Dont Panic!
allezlesverres
Bookworm

Post by allezlesverres »

[quote="leinsterforever"], and Dave to Ulster is what I've read elsewhere

I read that somewhere else but I have to say I'd be amazed if that was the case. He has never been particularly well regarded by the fanbase up here. Maybe the management see it differently? It's hard to see what he would add to our squad. We presently have pretty good options on the wings even if Saint Jacob isn't available. We also have some outstanding prospects just about to come up to the senior squad.
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

allezlesverres wrote:
leinsterforever wrote:, and Dave to Ulster is what I've read elsewhere

I read that somewhere else but I have to say I'd be amazed if that was the case. He has never been particularly well regarded by the fanbase up here. Maybe the management see it differently? It's hard to see what he would add to our squad. We presently have pretty good options on the wings even if Saint Jacob isn't available. We also have some outstanding prospects just about to come up to the senior squad.
Lyttle's always injured and Kernohan is very green.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

According to the Sunday Times, Guy Easterby has turned down the SRU who wanted him to be their new Director of Rugby.
So some good news.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

blockhead wrote:According to the Sunday Times, Guy Easterby has turned down the SRU who wanted him to be their new Director of Rugby.
So some good news.
Is Easterby highly rated?
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Oldschool wrote:
blockhead wrote:According to the Sunday Times, Guy Easterby has turned down the SRU who wanted him to be their new Director of Rugby.
So some good news.
I rate him
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

ronk wrote:
Oldschool wrote:
So some good news.
I rate him
And that's all he needs.
Recognition from the Ronk!
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Post by Jonny tight lips »

I rate him[/quote]

And that's all he needs.
Recognition from the Ronk![/quote]

First you get the money, then you get the power, then you get the Ronkognition.
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

by leinsterforever

Mick to Connacht (Cannon and Claffey being released apparently), and Dave to Ulster is what I've read elsewhere. We must be losing somebody in the back three if Kelleher's coming in. But that could just be Rob retiring or heading to France.
I would say Rob is leaving just based on his comments. I hadn't heard the Mick Kearney to Connacht rumour before either. I went and checked the Connacht Clan website and there is nothing about Cannon and Claffey being released. It might be true but I doubt it.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

Heard from a lad I know that Mick Kearney meant to be off to Zebre rather than Connacht. Anyone else hear this?
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

sunshiner1 wrote:Heard from a lad I know that Mick Kearney meant to be off to Zebre rather than Connacht. Anyone else hear this?
I thought it was already confirmed that he was going to Treviso ...