Rumour Mill

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

bluemagic
Enlightened

Re: Rumour Mill

Post by bluemagic »

Jonny tight lips wrote:
leinster23 wrote:Players aren't obligated to spend their entire careers playing for us, especially not players who've done as much for us as Jack McGrath has. It's a pity obviously but sometimes a move is the best thing for a player. He doesn't owe us anything, in the last two years he's gone from being a test Lion and first choice for his country to not making the bench for his club. In that scenario what player wouldn't explore any possible options to get things back on track? He owes us nothing and if he thinks that a move to Ulster will turn things around for him then that's a personally reasonable move for him. I'll be sad to see him go but he's well within his rights to do so.
He’s in The middle of his contract, how can the province be expected to plan effectively for the future if every year somebody pissis off mid contract. We are weaker at 10 today because somebody used their contract as toilet roll last summer and wandered off to suit themselves. I know it’s a central contract in Jacks case but when it was signed the province would of resonably assumed he would be with us for that duration. I think it’s reasonable for us now to play the other lads in our remaining games and only call on Jack as a last resort which will probably mean he won’t get an chance to play himself into the World Cup squad if Joe only takes two looseheads like 2015 which will be great for him because he will get to play for his precious Ulster even sooner.

+100
**** LEINSTER Champions Of Europe 2009/2011/2012/2018 ****
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Jonny tight lips wrote:
leinster23 wrote:Players aren't obligated to spend their entire careers playing for us, especially not players who've done as much for us as Jack McGrath has. It's a pity obviously but sometimes a move is the best thing for a player. He doesn't owe us anything, in the last two years he's gone from being a test Lion and first choice for his country to not making the bench for his club. In that scenario what player wouldn't explore any possible options to get things back on track? He owes us nothing and if he thinks that a move to Ulster will turn things around for him then that's a personally reasonable move for him. I'll be sad to see him go but he's well within his rights to do so.
He’s in The middle of his contract, how can the province be expected to plan effectively for the future if every year somebody pissis off mid contract. We are weaker at 10 today because somebody used their contract as toilet roll last summer and wandered off to suit themselves. I know it’s a central contract in Jacks case but when it was signed the province would of resonably assumed he would be with us for that duration. I think it’s reasonable for us now to play the other lads in our remaining games and only call on Jack as a last resort which will probably mean he won’t get an chance to play himself into the World Cup squad if Joe only takes two looseheads like 2015 which will be great for him because he will get to play for his precious Ulster even sooner.
Good post.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

McGrath to be announced today apparently.
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Best of luck Jack.
Hope Leinster play their part in ensuring he plays Challenge Cup rugby next season.
Love those Leinster Whites!
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Enjoy the ride while it lasts.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

blockhead wrote:
Best of luck Jack.
Hope Leinster play their part in ensuring he plays Challenge Cup rugby next season.
Love those Leinster Whites!
I certainly won't wish him well.
ChrisUppy
Graduate

Post by ChrisUppy »

David Nucifora, IRFU Performance Director, commented

"Jack has made a very tough decision which he believes will advance his case for selection for Ireland. You have to respect a player with such ambition.

Leinster is a fantastic environment but it is testament to the work that all four provinces are doing that players are seeking opportunities within Ireland to advance their international careers.
Is it David? Is it?
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

You'd really have to question what Cullen and Lancaster are doing that has made Leinster such a poor work environment that three top international players decided entirely of their own volition to leave the club in the space of a year. In every other sport successful clubs have to beat players wanting to join them off with sticks. But at Leinster, the most successful club in Europe, the current European and Pro14 champions, players seemingly can't wait to make the decision wholly themselves to leave.
I have Bumbleflex
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

Interesting. I'm wondering which side that S.A. prop they signed will play now. Eric O'Sullivan has got some competition coming next season. I'm disapointed but Dooley and Byrne mean I'm not distraught.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Obviously Jack is in a bit of a funk and needs a change. Best of luck to him. Hopefully he can contribute to two trophies to end his Leinster career.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Best of luck to him.

It's fairly frustrating to see the kind of squad depth we had last season gently being eroded.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

cormac wrote:Best of luck to him.

It's fairly frustrating to see the kind of squad depth we had last season gently being eroded.
IRFU can't have Leinster dominant.

Must weaken leinster to the benefit of the provinces rivals.
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Post by neill_m »

sunshiner1 wrote:Interesting. I'm wondering which side that S.A. prop they signed will play now. Eric O'Sullivan has got some competition coming next season. I'm disapointed but Dooley and Byrne mean I'm not distraught.
You mean the IQ'd lad from Worcester - Gareth Milasonavich - grandson of Ulster player Norman McFarland. He can play on both sides of the scrum apparently. Herbst has apparently gone back to South Africa with immediate effect to play Super Rugby with the Bulls, so he will not be around in 19/20 season.
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

by Dave Cahill » April 2nd, 2019, 10:18 am

You'd really have to question what Cullen and Lancaster are doing that has made Leinster such a poor work environment that three top international players decided entirely of their own volition to leave the club in the space of a year. In every other sport successful clubs have to beat players wanting to join them off with sticks. But at Leinster, the most successful club in Europe, the current European and Pro14 champions, players seemingly can't wait to make the decision wholly themselves to leave.
Jeez Dave there is a lot to unpack there :lol:
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Dave Cahill wrote:You'd really have to question what Cullen and Lancaster are doing that has made Leinster such a poor work environment that three top international players decided entirely of their own volition to leave the club in the space of a year. In every other sport successful clubs have to beat players wanting to join them off with sticks. But at Leinster, the most successful club in Europe, the current European and Pro14 champions, players seemingly can't wait to make the decision wholly themselves to leave.
And they certainly make that decision wholly by themselves. There is no inducement for them to move, no siree, no little word in the ear, oh no.
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

by neill_m » April 2nd, 2019, 10:29 am
sunshiner1 wrote:
Interesting. I'm wondering which side that S.A. prop they signed will play now. Eric O'Sullivan has got some competition coming next season. I'm disapointed but Dooley and Byrne mean I'm not distraught.

You mean the IQ'd lad from Worcester - Gareth Milasonavich - grandson of Ulster player Norman McFarland. He can play on both sides of the scrum apparently. Herbst has apparently gone back to South Africa with immediate effect to play Super Rugby with the Bulls, so he will not be around in 19/20 season.
That's the guy. Surprised about Herst thought he'd stick around until the end of season. Wonder what side McFarland sees as Gareth Milasonavich's best.
Last edited by sunshiner1 on April 2nd, 2019, 10:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

wixfjord wrote:Obviously Jack is in a bit of a funk and needs a change. Best of luck to him. Hopefully he can contribute to two trophies to end his Leinster career.
Looking at the big screen on Saturday, it appeared as if he was sitting on his own. I doubt he will feature much for us for the rest of the season.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

sunshiner1 wrote:
by Dave Cahill » April 2nd, 2019, 10:18 am

Jeez Dave there is a lot to unpack there :lol:
Its like the French reading comprehension in the Leaving Cert - pick out the key words :wink: :lol:
I have Bumbleflex