Rumour Mill

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Re: Rumour Mill

Post by olaf the fat »

Bit of a shameful incident all round. Bad for the image & brand of LR.

Lots of other teams had big binges recently, yet we are the ones in the headlines for all the wrong reasons. Lessons to be learned and all that...
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
RobbieRockBoy
Enlightened

Post by RobbieRockBoy »

Serious lack of judgement by LB in allowing Stan Wright to be a full participant in their 2009 Celebrations after putting one of their own employees into hospital the previous night.
I would hope that Jack Dunne was not pressured by LB and the fact that he is only an academy player to 'accept' the resolution. Further i'd hope that IRPU are knocking on doors in LB making sure their player has been treated properly.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

arsebiscuits1 wrote:
wixfjord wrote:I think the only thing Leinster misjudged in this was having Wright talk on stage the day after the incident. Unless there's some context that we're missing, it sounds like Wright was clearly in the wrong. I would rather Leinster to have supported their current player by at least not sticking Stan on a stage tbh. Tough situation though.
In that sense they probably could have handled it better.

But who is to say that this scenario was put to Dunne and he wasn't keen on this as he just wanted everyone to move on and carry on?
Maybe, we'll never know I suppose. Albeit considering Dunne was in hospital with concussion I'm not so sure, and I would argue that decision should be taken out of his hands. At the very least, it's bad optics from Leinster.
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

I wont be wearing my Stan Wright legends t-shirt anyway for a while!
He's gotten awfully fond of that brick
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

sunshiner1 wrote:
by ronk

Let’s be glad it wasn’t more serious. Not acceptable behaviour.
Agreed, None of us were there or saw what happened after etc.

Also I suppose in this day and age the names were going to leak out but some of the casualness by the mainstream media is pretty stunning. If I was involved and reading some of the comments sections I'd be on to my lawyer for being slandered.
No you wouldn't.
You'd know the facts and you'd know there were plenty of witnesses.
You'd keep stum and wait for the nine days to pass.
And that's probably the advice your solicitor would give you.
Edit, did you forget the medical evidence that might be available?
Last edited by Oldschool on June 6th, 2019, 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Dude ate his own dog. Do you expect better?
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

arsebiscuits1 wrote:
wixfjord wrote:I think the only thing Leinster misjudged in this was having Wright talk on stage the day after the incident. Unless there's some context that we're missing, it sounds like Wright was clearly in the wrong. I would rather Leinster to have supported their current player by at least not sticking Stan on a stage tbh. Tough situation though.

But who is to say that this scenario was put to Dunne and he wasn't keen on this as he just wanted everyone to move on and carry on?
TBH I wouldn't have asked Dunne about the speech, Stan wouldn't have been up there making one, end of.
You don't reward bad behaviour.
I'd have had him at the reception but no drink sir.
All this on the basis that a proper apology had been made.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

At the OLSC AGM last year LR said that the reason they weren't selling tickets for the Awards Ball to supporters anymore was because it was one of the few nights out the players get and they wanted to be able to relax and let their hair down without supporters around.

Thank f%~k for that.
I have Bumbleflex
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Agreed, not sure what else they could have done. I don't really see it as being up to Leinster to report Stan and, rightly or wrongly, I can see why they wouldn't. Given that Dunne had to go to hospital I think there should be an onus on the docs to report it though, not sure what the process is there.

I've been in plenty of punch ups on the pitch (which have always been very tame really) and a couple of them off it on nights out. There are different levels though and this sounded particularly vicious.

I'm really not sure how this can bypass the gards. I'm not baying for blood or anything but if we woke up last week to the news that a 40 year old man had knocked Dunne unconscious on a night out then I think most of us would want him punished. The fact that the culprit was a smiley character who we all loved as a player shouldn't really change that, it's not like he knew Dunne and they were messing around.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

arsebiscuits1 wrote:

+1 and now somebody is close to the real context.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Ruckedtobits wrote:
arsebiscuits1 wrote:

+1 and now somebody is close to the real context.
Do you know the real context?
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Suppose it's time to start a McNamara rumour. If this guy had 50+ Irish caps a big deal would have been made.

He's done an excellent job with the 20s and there are new coaching teams in Munster and Ireland.

He's already in the player development setup for Leinster.

One of the advantages of promoting youth coaches is the development continues with an incoming generation of players.

Kidney and Lancaster were successful this way. Young non playing coaches don't normally hit this much success this quickly.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

so what role would you give him?
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
Agreed, not sure what else they could have done. I don't really see it as being up to Leinster to report Stan and, rightly or wrongly, I can see why they wouldn't. Given that Dunne had to go to hospital I think there should be an onus on the docs to report it though, not sure what the process is there.

I've been in plenty of punch ups on the pitch (which have always been very tame really) and a couple of them off it on nights out. There are different levels though and this sounded particularly vicious.

I'm really not sure how this can bypass the gards. I'm not baying for blood or anything but if we woke up last week to the news that a 40 year old man had knocked Dunne unconscious on a night out then I think most of us would want him punished. The fact that the culprit was a smiley character who we all loved as a player shouldn't really change that, it's not like he knew Dunne and they were messing around.
Is the point not that Dunne didn’t know him???
RobbieRockBoy
Enlightened

Post by RobbieRockBoy »

Last edited by RobbieRockBoy on June 7th, 2019, 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

what utter shite.. why post it here?
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

mildlyinterested wrote:
Leinster Rugby have no role in reporting either matters to the Gardai. If the Indo staff were on the piss and one sh!t journo clocks another sh!t journo (the odds on hitting a decent one would be huge) the Indo as a company don't have a responsibility to report it.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

mildlyinterested wrote:
I always like to know what the enemy is up to.
Here's looking at yews :evil:
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

Oldschool wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:
I always like to know what the enemy is up to.
Here's looking at yews :evil:
?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yew
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

the spoofer wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:
Leinster Rugby have no role in reporting either matters to the Gardai. If the Indo staff were on the piss and one sh!t journo clocks another sh!t journo (the odds on hitting a decent one would be huge) the Indo as a company don't have a responsibility to report it.
Pleading the fifth amendment kind of????