Rumour Mill

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Rumour Mill

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

simonokeeffe wrote:Annet re signs with Worcester bah humbug
I haven't seen him play in ages but realistically there isn't an obvious place for him in Ireland at the moment, and if McBurney comes through then there may never be. He'd probably need to be guaranteed to be one of the two best hookers at one of the provinces and it's hard to see that happening any time soon.
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
I haven't seen him play in ages but realistically there isn't an obvious place for him in Ireland at the moment, and if McBurney comes through then there may never be. He'd probably need to be guaranteed to be one of the two best hookers at one of the provinces and it's hard to see that happening any time soon.
Annet was OK but doubt he would have improved enough to be any more than 3rd or 4th choice in any province.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
Sorry shouldve added my motivation; rumour of Cronin leaving and Strauss looking done

He looked good from what I saw of him for Worcester. Was behind one of the best hookers in the world in Creevy and then was starting every week for them
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

simonokeeffe wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
Sorry shouldve added my motivation; rumour of Cronin leaving and Strauss looking done

He looked good from what I saw of him for Worcester. Was behind one of the best hookers in the world in Creevy and then was starting every week for them
Ah that's a different matter then I wasn't aware of the movements, sound enough lad from memory and I'm sure he has improved with experience
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

Any truth to the Dave Kearney joining Ulster rumour?
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Hadnt heard that one before myself, would be a slight surprise even with some backdoor IRFU shenanigans (they cant offer more money than us)
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

simonokeeffe wrote: Sorry shouldve added my motivation; rumour of Cronin leaving
I thought Cronin had re-signed?
I remember the rumours before Christmas but was he not confirmed in January?
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

curates_egg wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote: Sorry shouldve added my motivation; rumour of Cronin leaving
i don't know...
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

simonokeeffe wrote:
curates_egg wrote:
i don't know...
I definitely read it somewhere (other than here) but the only thing I can find through google is a sportsjoe article from December stating it, which - given the source - is obviously no confirmation at all:
https://www.sportsjoe.ie/rugby/cj-stand ... ier-144748
He hung on until the end of the 6 Nations last time out (2 years ago) if I remember rightly.
Would be a big blow to lose him.
coolbawn
Beginner

Post by coolbawn »

Not a rumour; Bristol have announced that Jack O’Connell is joining Ealing Trailfinders next season.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Ulster are favourites to sign Folau for next season apparently.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Made Of Ale
Graduate

Post by Made Of Ale »

blockhead wrote:Ulster are favourites to sign Folau for next season apparently.
Is this part of a new policy to sign up players that have no baggage of recent negative online publicity?
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Are you actually serious? Arguably the best outside back in the world. I wouldn't mind him as a utility back replacement for Isa here!
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

Made Of Ale wrote:
Is this part of a new policy to sign up players that have no baggage of recent negative online publicity?
I’d take all that controversy- and a lot more to get him here. He’s probably the best outside back in the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

neiliog93 wrote:Are you actually serious? Arguably the best outside back in the world. I wouldn't mind him as a utility back replacement for Isa here!
Sorry, you bet me to it...

"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Wrong thread..
Last edited by neiliog93 on April 6th, 2018, 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

neiliog93 wrote:Are you actually serious? Arguably the best outside back in the world. I wouldn't mind him as a utility back replacement for Isa here!
What!? I wouldn't want someone like that associated with Leinster regardless of how good they are. Part and parcel of being a player is being a role model. Heading out to kids for the various camps and things like that. It's not just about what they do on the pitch.
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

molloyjh wrote:
What!? I wouldn't want someone like that associated with Leinster regardless of how good they are. Part and parcel of being a player is being a role model. Heading out to kids for the various camps and things like that. It's not just about what they do on the pitch.
He has conservative Christian views on issues of sexuality, which are common in Polynesia and Polynesian communities in Australia/New Zealand. As long as he agreed not to tweet (and he deleted the last one) or come out with public pronouncements again on the matter, I wouldn't mind. He is a good role model in other ways: well behaved on the pitch, conducts interviews with politeness, makes times for fans, no drunken off-field antics, involved in charity work etc.
Made Of Ale
Graduate

Post by Made Of Ale »

artaneboy wrote:
Made Of Ale wrote:
I’d take all that controversy- and a lot more to get him here. He’s probably the best outside back in the world.

To clarify, I was indirectly alluding to the fact that it could be perceived as unusual to be considering disciplining one player (Gilroy) for sending an offensive private message, while at the same time trying to sign another player that has very recently sent an offensive and very public message. I don't wish to get into any moral arguments on either side, just that it's an interesting juxtaposition.

Of course Folau's outstanding qualities as a rugby player are evident to anyone who's ever seen him play. Also, this is still only a rumour.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Nah his views are a problem. Great player but anyone with an outspoken prejudice against any group of people is problematic. He would be a toxic addition to the dressing room for anyone in tge organisation who has or is struggling with their sexuality.
Also, swap Zebo and Folau as Munster FB last weekend and I know what side of the 50/50 penalty try decision Nige is leaning.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan