Re: Rumour Mill

Post by OTT »

Peg Leg wrote:
Jonny tight lips wrote:
blockhead wrote:
How do you remember ROR?
You haven't been here a wet day.
Are you ROR?

Anyway, DonnyB ran ROR outta town and then Tomane ran DonnyB outta town.
It’s just when you open the thread it opens the first page with the initial post. Back then I used to look in on the page from time but wasn’t posting. I was living in Lyon and ended up getting French lessons in a class with Juan Manuel Leguizamóns wife.
Ah, so you're Bails then?

I will be getting abused in French next :lol:
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
Lar
Mullet

Post by Lar »

Jonny tight lips wrote:
It’s just when you open the thread it opens the first page with the initial post. Back then I used to look in on the page from time but wasn’t posting. I was living in Lyon and ended up getting French lessons in a class with Juan Manuel Leguizamóns wife.
Is this a euphamism?
Four Stars
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

No. Its the rumour mill <insert that's the point gif here>
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

rumour on UAFC that MCGrath is a done deal, hardly a surprise, shame he felt he had to move from his home province to a rival.

As Cheika said during the week, if you don't want to represent the jersey, then what are you doing at leinster?
Blue not red blood
Mullet

Post by Blue not red blood »

Hear Hear
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Well the problem is that he wants to represent the jersey but is frustrated that he can't do it more often. Brilliant player and a great guy who's won a lot for us and been through a lot in his personal life, so I for one will be sad to see him go, thank him for all that he's done, and wish him all the best.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

I'll be sad to see him go too, but if he doesn't want to represent leinster anymore and rather play for Ulster then good luck to him.

Same goes for any player who'd rather play for a rival province.
Jackie Brown
Knowledgeable

Post by Jackie Brown »

mildlyinterested wrote:I'll be sad to see him go too, but if he doesn't want to represent leinster anymore and rather play for Ulster then good luck to him.

Makes no sense to me, he obviously wants to leave to play rugby, which is his trade. I'm sure he'd love to do that for Leinster but doesn't seem to get the opportunity to do it as often as he should.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
STAND UP FOR THE ULSTERMEN!
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

Jackie Brown wrote:I'm sure he'd love to do that for Leinster but doesn't seem to get the opportunity to do it as often as he should.
So he should play regardless of form or fitness?
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Well the problem is that he wants to represent the jersey but is frustrated that he can't do it more often. Brilliant player and a great guy who's won a lot for us and been through a lot in his personal life, so I for one will be sad to see him go, thank him for all that he's done, and wish him all the best.
The problem is that he's been playing through an injury and has been less than 100% He hasn't hit form yet post surgery but rugby calendar can work against that for a while.

If he recovers form before the RWC the move was unnecessary panic. Afterwards is late to bother moving, why not stick it for a year.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Some comment on social media about the size of Leinster's Squad compared to Munster. In reality, there's no difference in size or number, except that Leo has given more chances to Academy players than Munster. So far the total Academy players used by Leinster is 12. Thus in addition to 43 Senior Squad players, the total is 55. Big total, but it's a process called development.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Jackie Brown wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:I'll be sad to see him go too, but if he doesn't want to represent leinster anymore and rather play for Ulster then good luck to him.

Makes no sense to me, he obviously wants to leave to play rugby, which is his trade. I'm sure he'd love to do that for Leinster but doesn't seem to get the opportunity to do it as often as he should.

And if he wants to leave for a rival, good luck to him. His form hasn't warranted playing more, he obviously sees an easier route to playing time up north.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Ruckedtobits wrote:Some comment on social media about the size of Leinster's Squad compared to Munster. In reality, there's no difference in size or number, except that Leo has given more chances to Academy players than Munster. So far the total Academy players used by Leinster is 12. Thus in addition to 43 Senior Squad players, the total is 55. Big total, but it's a process called development.
Munster have generally kept a larger squad for years. 1 senior player hasn't been used.

Leinster have given academy players chances going back a long time.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

ronk wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Well the problem is that he wants to represent the jersey but is frustrated that he can't do it more often. Brilliant player and a great guy who's won a lot for us and been through a lot in his personal life, so I for one will be sad to see him go, thank him for all that he's done, and wish him all the best.
The problem is that he's been playing through an injury and has been less than 100% He hasn't hit form yet post surgery but rugby calendar can work against that for a while.

If he recovers form before the RWC the move was unnecessary panic. Afterwards is late to bother moving, why not stick it for a year.
Not really sure how that's relevant to my post, I was just replying to a couple of salty "god riddance" style comments.

But to answer your question. He'll be 30 in October, maybe he doesn't want to waste time? Maybe his family situation means that now is a good time to go but wouldn't be in a couple of years? Maybe he had a bust up with Leo when he wasn't picked for Toulouse? Maybe he's been offered a wheelbarrow full of cash? Maybe Healy is in such good condition that a return to form is only likely to get him a bench spot for the next couple of years? Maybe he's always been a staunch unionist? Who the f**k knows? It could be a whole host of reasons but it's up to him and it bugs me when "fans" turn on people (and they are people, not just players who we own) who've done an awful lot of good for us over the years.
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

mildlyinterested wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:

And if he wants to leave for a rival, good luck to him. His form hasn't warranted playing more, he obviously sees an easier route to playing time up north.
Why do you keep mentioning rival? Would you prefer he moved to a non-rival?
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Laighin Break wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:Makes no sense to me, he obviously wants to leave to play rugby, which is his trade. I'm sure he'd love to do that for Leinster but doesn't seem to get the opportunity to do it as often as he should.

Why do you keep mentioning rival? Would you prefer he moved to a non-rival?
Like Munster?
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
leinster23
Bookworm

Post by leinster23 »

Players aren't obligated to spend their entire careers playing for us, especially not players who've done as much for us as Jack McGrath has. It's a pity obviously but sometimes a move is the best thing for a player. He doesn't owe us anything, in the last two years he's gone from being a test Lion and first choice for his country to not making the bench for his club. In that scenario what player wouldn't explore any possible options to get things back on track? He owes us nothing and if he thinks that a move to Ulster will turn things around for him then that's a personally reasonable move for him. I'll be sad to see him go but he's well within his rights to do so.
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

I really have no problem if our players move in a Northerly direction ( or Westerly for that matter) but.......
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
Not really sure how that's relevant to my post, I was just replying to a couple of salty "god riddance" style comments.

But to answer your question. He'll be 30 in October, maybe he doesn't want to waste time? Maybe his family situation means that now is a good time to go but wouldn't be in a couple of years? Maybe he had a bust up with Leo when he wasn't picked for Toulouse? Maybe he's been offered a wheelbarrow full of cash? Maybe Healy is in such good condition that a return to form is only likely to get him a bench spot for the next couple of years? Maybe he's always been a staunch unionist? Who the f**k knows? It could be a whole host of reasons but it's up to him and it bugs me when "fans" turn on people (and they are people, not just players who we own) who've done an awful lot of good for us over the years.
I don't know his personal life, I was talking rugby. I haven't seen much attacking of him.

A wheelbarrow full of cash would be strange for a centrally contracted player/ provincial move.

Moves don't always benefit careers. There's a difference between discussing that and turning on a player. He's clearly going through a frustrating period but given the role of an injury in the frustration a move may not help that.

Leinster have now lost 4 significant internationals in 2 seasons: 2 Lions this year and a probable future one last year. They all had gametime frustrations but injuries were important factors in all cases.

He's done lots for Leinster and I will be sorry to see him go. That's especially unfortunate if it's a transient issue and it becomes an accelerating phenomenon within the squad.
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Post by Jonny tight lips »

leinster23 wrote:Players aren't obligated to spend their entire careers playing for us, especially not players who've done as much for us as Jack McGrath has. It's a pity obviously but sometimes a move is the best thing for a player. He doesn't owe us anything, in the last two years he's gone from being a test Lion and first choice for his country to not making the bench for his club. In that scenario what player wouldn't explore any possible options to get things back on track? He owes us nothing and if he thinks that a move to Ulster will turn things around for him then that's a personally reasonable move for him. I'll be sad to see him go but he's well within his rights to do so.
He’s in The middle of his contract, how can the province be expected to plan effectively for the future if every year somebody pissis off mid contract. We are weaker at 10 today because somebody used their contract as toilet roll last summer and wandered off to suit themselves. I know it’s a central contract in Jacks case but when it was signed the province would of resonably assumed he would be with us for that duration. I think it’s reasonable for us now to play the other lads in our remaining games and only call on Jack as a last resort which will probably mean he won’t get an chance to play himself into the World Cup squad if Joe only takes two looseheads like 2015 which will be great for him because he will get to play for his precious Ulster even sooner.