Rumour Mill

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

ror
Graduate

Re: Rumour Mill

Post by ror »

I will also keep everyone well informed on BOD, apparently It goes back to a knock on the ankle he picked up against Munster but I have know recollection of that knock (maybe someone else does)
ceemec
Shane Jennings

Post by ceemec »

ror wrote:I will also keep everyone well informed on BOD, apparently It goes back to a knock on the ankle he picked up against Munster but I have know recollection of that knock (maybe someone else does)
Rolled his ankle in the game and was the reason he came off injured. Once you sprain your ankle (which is ligament damage), it's quite tricky to get it right and the joint can be very unstable. Takes a lot of niggle work with the physio to build it up to where it needs to be and it's liable to keep going. It doesn't surprise me that his ankle went again at all. I do think that there's an element of the elective about this surgery though with the 6N and second half of the season in mind. He was able to walk on the ankle for the last couple of days so I'm sure it could have been managed but it would have been just delaying the inevitable.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Morf wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:there's a Declan Donnelly touring with the Maoiri this Autumn, he has to be eligible

Gray apparently chose Sale as it was driveable home and theyd release him for Scotland training

we did try to sign McCarthy before and he said no
He's played 7s for NZ.
I should have learned my lesson with Sean Fitzpatrick

Racing and Montpellier seem to be taking advantage/instigating Argentina's policy of 2 players per club for the Autumn
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
BlueBlue
Seán Cronin

Post by BlueBlue »

[Jackass] wrote:
BlueBlue wrote: I'm also a little suspisous of ror, as I'd imagine Leinster are looking for a whole host of players on a constant basis, that are "not immediate" , dont they have full time employee's who do this full time. Its a bit like saying, I have an inside track that Joe Smidht is looking to put together a strong team for the 2012/13 season.
In fairness, ror holds substantial credability on the forum for his inside track. I don't think he'd want to lose that by blowing smoke up our ass and having Bails take over as "the insider". If there's a bit of juxtopositioning (did I make up that word or is my dyslexia playing up again as I can't spell) going on, then I'd say there's merit to what he says as a potential big development.

Or perhaps it is run of the mill stuff that has gotten out of hand, as we're so starved of good news that we're waiting for the news that Thorn is coming back and he had such nice stories to tell, his mate McCaw decided to come with him.
Indeed, we are short on good news
drive for 5
Munster 6-Leinster 25 H-cup semi Croke
Leinster 30-Munster 0 2009/10 RDS
Munster 15-Leinster 16 2009/10 Thomond
Leinster 16-Munster 6 2009/10 semi RDS
Leinster 13-Munster 9 2010 Lansdowne
Munster 16-Leinster 22 POC kicks DK in head 2013
sunshiner
Bookworm

Post by sunshiner »

What about Michael Fitzgerald of Manawatu and Chiefs? Thats a pretty Irish name he's young and he's 6' 5 1/2.

http://www.manawaturugby.co.nz/article/1692.html
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

sunshiner wrote:What about Michael Fitzgerald of Manawatu and Chiefs? Thats a pretty Irish name he's young and he's 6' 5 1/2.

Bit of a liability due to having a short fuse if I remember him right from watching the Chiefs.
sunshiner
Bookworm

Post by sunshiner »

Good to Know.
Sea_point
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sea_point »

Morf wrote:
sunshiner wrote:What about Michael Fitzgerald of Manawatu and Chiefs? Thats a pretty Irish name he's young and he's 6' 5 1/2.

Bit of a liability due to having a short fuse if I remember him right from watching the Chiefs.
About 1'30 in....

http://www.3news.co.nz/VIDEO-HIGHLIGHTS ... fault.aspx
Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even. Muhammad Ali
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

seem to remember when we signed White only clip of him was this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY3VJ8XoMbE
him lamping the head off an opponent and Steve Walsh just having a word with him over it!

this may sound crazy but hope ror's story stays out of the press, 2 player's careers involved but most important thing is it gets sorted out ie anyone with any blame attached makes amends and cops on for future reference
we lost one development player a few years ago due to an alleged major incident on a night out, dont need any more, but main thing is players dont break the law when theyre out
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Ha! Nothing to see here folks.....
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

Hi All,

Certain posts have been removed from this thread. Any questions should be referred to the mods.

S
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

so when's Brad Thorn coming back? :P
gfo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by gfo »

Those two events I mentioned were completely separate occurrences and any apparent connection between the two is utterly coincidental.
Last edited by gfo on November 8th, 2012, 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ror
Graduate

Post by ror »

gfo wrote:Those two events I mentioned were completely separate occurrences and anyone apparent connection between the two is utterly coincidental.
Yes I to acknowledge your coincidental post which bizarrely had a similar theme to mine. Anyone reading these posts could have jumped to conclusions!!!!
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

ror wrote:
gfo wrote:Those two events I mentioned were completely separate occurrences and anyone apparent connection between the two is utterly coincidental.
Yes I to acknowledge your coincidental post which bizarrely had a similar theme to mine. Anyone reading these posts could have jumped to conclusions!!!!
Need to set you up with a PM'd Newsletter for all the dirt, ror!!
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

rumour going round, has to be a rumour though, that Deccie picked a team based on form, will look into it and report back

Australia have a Paddy Ryan on the bench this weekend, too Irish sounding to be Irish
ror
Graduate

Post by ror »

BOD targeting Home Clermont game... i fear the away match is a week to soon...
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

ror wrote:BOD targeting Home Clermont game... i fear the away match is a week to soon...
I'd take that!
ror
Graduate

Post by ror »

He will have Zero aerobic fitness
[Jackass]
Seán Cronin

Post by [Jackass] »

BOD has a history of coming into games cold and being as sharp as ever.

I'd nearly risk him in the away fixture, such is its importance, but would not be fair on the man or his career prospects if he has ambition of longevity (which I feel he'll attempt at least to go beyond mid-30's judging by some of his comments).

Any further word on Fitz? Statements from Leinster seem pretty matter of fact about his return possibly later this month... We're heavily relying on him making a full recovery, I think he's been sorely missed.
Pro12 Champions, Amlin Challenge Cup Champions, British & Irish Cup Champions