Rumour Mill

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Re: Rumour Mill

Post by mildlyinterested »

"rumours" that JVDF is being pursued by Munster, and 2+ front rows leaving leinster for other provinces.

hopefully BS, but the calls to "spread the wealth" are becoming more and more frequent in media etc.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Rumours from where? Any links?
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

Rumours going around that offers have being made to Dooley and/or Ed Byrne by Connacht fans but so far it seems more wish fufilment rather than anything concrete.

Edit: You'd imagine that Ulster would be after one of these two as well.

Edit: Munster probably want both.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

sunshiner1 wrote:Rumours going around that offers have being made to Dooley and/or Ed Byrne by Connacht fans but so far it seems more wish fufilment rather than anything concrete.

Munsters pursuit of Leinster players in positions that they already have plenty of cover is probably as much to do with weakening Leinster as it is with keeping the franchise above water.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

JVDF signed a contract last season so can't see that rumour being right.

Leavy the 7 out of contract this season, along with Connors and SOB.

front rowers likely out of contract this season: Byrne twins and Porter.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

mildlyinterested wrote:JVDF signed a contract last season so can't see that rumour being right.

Jesus. Here we go again.

I hope this is just kite-flying from the shameless saddos in Cork Con. VdF and Leavy have had complementary career paths here. When both have been fit at the same time, that has necessarily meant one lost out.
Clearly, both of them are better than any of the opensides down south - even the one who looks like a 1980s eastern European athlete.
Both players have been so important to our recent success, so I hope we can offer Leavy whatever he needs to keep him.

If we lose Connors and/or SOB, that's life. Poor old SOB looked like he was finally going to get into double-figures for Leinster before this latest injury.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

mildlyinterested wrote:JVDF signed a contract last season so can't see that rumour being right.

A Leinster contract means diddlysquat!
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

blockhead wrote:

sadly true.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

blockhead wrote:
sunshiner1 wrote:Rumours going around that offers have being made to Dooley and/or Ed Byrne by Connacht fans but so far it seems more wish fufilment rather than anything concrete.

Munsters pursuit of Leinster players in positions that they already have plenty of cover is probably as much to do with weakening Leinster as it is with keeping the franchise above water.
Said strategy - enticing away/buying up the oppositions' best players in order to stockpile them and weaken the competition - is one of the things that has kept Bayern München top of the pile in the Bundesliga for as far back as I can remember.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

riocard911 wrote:
blockhead wrote:

Said strategy - enticing away/buying up the oppositions' best players in order to stockpile them and weaken the competition - is one of the things that has kept Bayern München top of the pile in the Bundesliga for as far back as I can remember.
doesn't help when IRFU enables and encourages it.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

It'll be onbe or the other not both. Not sure it makes any sense. Ulster is the main opening at 1 in all 3 of the otehr provinces. And tbh I think it'd be a good move for one of them. They're only getting gametime on account of Healy and McGrath being with ireland.

And just as I say that Jack is out for 4-6 weeks after hip surgery.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

mildlyinterested wrote:
riocard911 wrote:
blockhead wrote:
doesn't help when IRFU enables and encourages it.
This is "the way of the world" now lads! The IRFU is the boss- always was, always will be; world without end. Amen.

We can complain- but what's the point? It would be better to look at some sort of a system whereby we are rewarded for raising talent and have a preferential 'first call back' option on lost players.
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Because it's bullshit.
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

mildlyinterested wrote:Because it's bullshit.
What- reality?

Yeah, I agree; but what’s the alternative?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

More likely Munster want all three.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

curates_egg wrote:

Jesus. Here we go again.

I hope this is just kite-flying from the shameless saddos in Cork Con. VdF and Leavy have had complementary career paths here. When both have been fit at the same time, that has necessarily meant one lost out.
Clearly, both of them are better than any of the opensides down south - even the one who looks like a 1980s eastern European athlete.
Both players have been so important to our recent success, so I hope we can offer Leavy whatever he needs to keep him.

If we lose Connors and/or SOB, that's life. Poor old SOB looked like he was finally going to get into double-figures for Leinster before this latest injury.
The promise of HEC medals should do it.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

blockhead wrote:

It means more money for the contracted player.
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

I can see us losing one of the looseheads (don't want to lose either, they're both playing well), but not VDF. That's just not happening.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Ulster more than Connacht desperately need a loosehead. McCall, Warwick, Schalk Van Der Merwe, all useless. Young O''Sullivan might be ok but O'Toole on the tigthead side shows more potential.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Post by Jonny tight lips »

I used to love this thread, now every time I see it with new comments my stomach turns and I open it with fear and dread in equal measure. In relation to the loosheads we need 4 as we currently provide the 2 starters to the national team. If we dont have two other loosehrads we can’t field a proper team during internationals. We only have one loosehead in the academy and he’s only year one. The other provinces might not need 4 senior loosheads but leinster certainly do. Also for Bryan Byrne he’s one of 3 senior hookers .... if he goes to scumster and one of the others goes down injured again we’re not fielding a proper team.