Is it all over ?

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

bails
Graduate

Is it all over ?

Post by bails »

I have to say I am very despondent after the Ulster game tonight. For the first time tonight I saw us offer nothing in the game. We came second best in scrum line out breakdown hunger passion and our three quarters offered nothing. All we seemed to offer was one out runners from a static maul or ruck.

Surely Joe Smidth must realise this is a Derby match and passion is required. We showed none of that tonight. We showed very little at all , which we have done pretty much all season. Sure you can be beaten but to show no heart is not right.

I am fed up with our star players never playing for us , where was Sexton tonight. I don't believe many of our back up players are up to it. I think it's time for the players to grow some balls and show some true passion and professionalism. They need the big stick at them now before the season disappears

C'mon players show us your f%~king pride

Now rant over let's support them against Connacht next Saturday
bails
Graduate

Re: Is it all over ?

Post by bails »

Rant back on as the game gets worse

What was our game plan tonight ? We didn't dominate up front, we kicked badly , we could not put a move together in the backs , it seems the plan was to use one out runners and see what happens. To make matters worse the players also performed well below the expected standard

There seems to be something wrong within the set up as our strategy has been wrong too often this year and the players just have not performed at all except for 40 mins against a woeful Cardiff. We need it sorted and sorted now
Broken Wing
Shane Jennings

Post by Broken Wing »

You posted this before the game was over?

Where's your fking pride?
Champions of Europe 09, 11 & 12!
Pro 12 and Challenge Cup Champions 13!
Pro 12 Champions 14!
Magners League Champions 08!
Best supported in the Magners League 08 & 11!
bails
Graduate

Post by bails »

Broken Wing

I have plenty of f%~king pride that is why it hurts so much
I have put my money where my mouth is by supporting the team all over the Europe, so I feel entitled to say my piece about theteam

Tonight was heartless , passionless and clueless after 20 mins, 40 mins , 60 mins and at the end

So don't go accusing me about pride
Degz
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Degz »

Don't see how pride was lacking, hence the tries at the end of both our recent defeats.

Unfortunately, I think class is the problem.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

bails wrote: I am fed up with our star players never playing for us , where was Sexton tonight. I don't believe many of our back up players are up to it. I think it's time for the players to grow some balls and show some true passion and professionalism. They need the big stick at them now before the season disappears

Yeah right, it was Sexton's call not to play tonight. Cop on Bails, you might be pissed off, but this is complete bullshit and you know it.
bails
Graduate

Post by bails »

No Donny I am not blaming Sexton or Joe! I am just fed up with the Players being pulled by Kidney
The system isn't working look how many irish internationals are injured
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

bails wrote:No Donny I am not blaming Sexton or Joe! I am just fed up with the Players being pulled by Kidney
It's been that way for years though. No one likes it, not least the players, but that's how it is.

We're going through a bad run no doubt with the injuries not helping but that's how every sport goes, what comes up must go down eventually.
Mackman15
Mullet

Post by Mackman15 »

Donny B. wrote:
bails wrote:No Donny I am not blaming Sexton or Joe! I am just fed up with the Players being pulled by Kidney
It's been that way for years though. No one likes it, not least the players, but that's how it is.

We're going through a bad run no doubt with the injuries not helping but that's how every sport goes, what comes up must go down eventually.
Tonight's price for cheering on the Lions out half in June.
Been the way for a long time as DB has said.

Not nice looking at that tonight
"Since coming back to Ireland, Leinster really has become my home.............." Leinster & Ireland's No. 1 THP
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

And before we all fall into a complete despair can I point out we lost three games to probably the two form teams in Europe at the moment, along with Quins.

So a little perspective is needed here..
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Questioning Johnny Sexton's commitment to Leinster is simply fockin disgraceful. That man puts his body on the line week in week out, there's probably no Leinster player who is more committed to the cause. It was him that almost single handedly won us a second European cup.

Shameful.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Flash Gordon wrote:Questioning Johnny Sexton's commitment to Leinster is simply fockin disgraceful. That man puts his body on the line week in week out, there's probably no Leinster player who is more committed to the cause. It was him that almost single handedly won us a second European cup.

Shameful.
To be fair I misinterpreted Bails's post and he clarified it in one of his later posts.
sid
Mullet

Post by sid »

Flash Gordon wrote:It was him that almost single handedly won us a second European cup.
He wasn't exactly a passenger in the first one either.
johng wrote:Classic bit of Sidness there.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Donny B. wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:Questioning Johnny Sexton's commitment to Leinster is simply fockin disgraceful. That man puts his body on the line week in week out, there's probably no Leinster player who is more committed to the cause. It was him that almost single handedly won us a second European cup.

Shameful.
To be fair I misinterpreted Bails's post and he clarified it in one of his later posts.
You can't have it both ways on player rotation unfortunately. The irfu pays for players we couldn't keep in a free market. The rotation sucks but it's the price we pay for keeping the galacticos.

If we do want to move to a free market, we're going to need to find someone who can come up with 30 million quid to keep us competitive!
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Flash Gordon wrote:
Donny B. wrote:

Shameful.
You can't have it both ways on player rotation unfortunately. The irfu pays for players we couldn't keep in a free market. The rotation sucks but it's the price we pay for keeping the galacticos.

If we do want to move to a free market, we're going to need to find someone who can come up with 30 million quid to keep us competitive!
True, it's frustrating at times but we've managed it well in the past and I wouldn't blame it tonight. Yes, we've lots of injuries but so did Ulster.

I think Anscombe put all his eggs in one basket tonight and picked all his fit internationals. He'll have to send a weaker team to Munster and may well lose.

Joe hedged his bets a bit more and did a bit of a half and half job to be sure of a strong enough team to beat Connacht. Cause if we lose at home to them, we really are in the sh!t
Broken Wing
Shane Jennings

Post by Broken Wing »

Recent success has spoiled us. We were always going to have an off season. This is looking like it but even with 4 losses in the league, 2 losses in the cup and a heap of poor performances from mixed selections we're still in the running for both.

Tonight's performance was undoubtedly influenced by the two defeats to Clermont and the very real possibility that we won't get out of the cup group coupled with playing away to the in form league leaders. The players will pick themselves up from this and the season is far from over.
Champions of Europe 09, 11 & 12!
Pro 12 and Challenge Cup Champions 13!
Pro 12 Champions 14!
Magners League Champions 08!
Best supported in the Magners League 08 & 11!
bails
Graduate

Post by bails »

I wish I could share your confidence Broken Wing
Icarus
Knowledgeable

Post by Icarus »

bails wrote:I have to say I am very despondent after the Ulster game tonight. For the first time tonight I saw us offer nothing in the game. We came second best in scrum line out breakdown hunger passion and our three quarters offered nothing. All we seemed to offer was one out runners from a static maul or ruck.

Surely Joe Smidth must realise this is a Derby match and passion is required. We showed none of that tonight. We showed very little at all , which we have done pretty much all season. Sure you can be beaten but to show no heart is not right.

I am fed up with our star players never playing for us , where was Sexton tonight. I don't believe many of our back up players are up to it. I think it's time for the players to grow some balls and show some true passion and professionalism. They need the big stick at them now before the season disappears

Now rant over let's support them against Connacht next Saturday
To reprise one of my recent postings:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fC4JZuJEElg
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

It must be bad: I'm not even getting a slagging from ulster supporters. I think they feel.... Pity. Ugh.

Now that's weird.
bronxbull
Knowledgeable

Post by bronxbull »

Posted this in Match thread but probably more relevant here....

I have to admit it looks like this team is very tired and that the well is running dry. Leo Cullen looks like he has gone a year too far and we have no world class
partner or replacement for him.
We haven't looked like scoring against the better teams in the HC and we are praying for players to come back from injury and we need them right now. We need ready made replacements for Cullen,Bod,Ross,D'Arcy and I'm totally unconvinced by the players currently auditioning for those roles. I go to most matches and definitely haven't missed a home game in years and I have seen a lot of Conway, Macken, Reid, Madigan, Carr etc...and they have not impressed (Madigan aside)
BOD,Luke,Jonny,Rob,DK,Isa are all World class players who will improve Leinsters back play unbelievably but who is going to improve our pack?
We have been beaten up front the last two games after a great effort in Clermont. 5 of that pack tonight have played in 3 HC finals and we were really put to the sword
in the first half in the scrum.

I would never bet against this team but I think we may be just a little bit short this year. If we produce silverware this season it will be one of the greatest efforts from this squad of players because some of this squad look out on their feet and a few of the subs look substandard to these legends.