Challenge Cup

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Challenge Cup

Post by neiliog93 »

As an eternal optimist, I immediately turn my attention to the next available competition. Disappointment at today's result in Thomond Park was tempered by the knowledge that it was likely to happen after Leinster only got 4 tries vs Exeter.

This would seem to be the likely Challenge Cup 1/4 final line-up:

Bath vs Stade Francais
Gloucester vs Biarritz
Perpignan vs Toulouse/Leicester (whichever this game goes, barring a freak match with bonus points everywhere or draws, one of these teams will be the fourth best H Cup pool runners-up. If there is a freak occurrence, Munster replace them)
Wasps vs Leinster

Have to say that Leinster will have a good draw here. As improved as Wasps are this season, I'd still prefer to go there than Glous or Perpignan. Nice to see that in the Perpignan vs Leic/Toulouse game, one of the biggest challengers to Leinster success is guaranteed to be knocked out. Bath, Glouc, Stade and Biarritz aren't good enough to beat a focused Leinster, only threat is the winner from the Perpignan vs Leic/Toulouse 1/4 final.

Looks like Leinster could finally win a final at the RDS!
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!