:: RDS for Scarlets and Ospreys? ::

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Colm
Mullet

:: RDS for Scarlets and Ospreys? ::

Post by Colm »

Just wondered what y'all may think of this ...

Was at a show in the RDS over the weekend and we parked right beside the pitch in the RDS. The posts were still up and the pitch was in perfect condition. The temporary seating was all removed but maybe they should consider putting touchline seats back in on the opposite side to the main stand (Like our game Vs The Blues on Oct 15th 2005) and play the Scarlets Game (14th-16th April) and Ospreys Game (28th-20th April) in the RDS?

Everyone's said it ... the pitch was a BLOODY DISGRACE last night so why not use a redundant RDS (Not needed till August 9th for Dublin Horse Show) for our 2 final and IMPORTANT home games of the Celtic League.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Re: :: RDS for Scarlets and Ospreys? ::

Post by Flash Gordon »

Colm wrote:Just wondered what y'all may think of this ...

Was at a show in the RDS over the weekend and we parked right beside the pitch in the RDS. The posts were still up and the pitch was in perfect condition. The temporary seating was all removed but maybe they should consider putting touchline seats back in on the opposite side to the main stand (Like our game Vs The Blues on Oct 15th 2005) and play the Scarlets Game (14th-16th April) and Ospreys Game (28th-20th April) in the RDS?

Everyone's said it ... the pitch was a BLOODY DISGRACE last night so why not use a redundant RDS (Not needed till August 9th for Dublin Horse Show) for our 2 final and IMPORTANT home games of the Celtic League.
We'd all love that Colm, think the thing holding us back is rent to the RDS. We had to shell out 300K for using it previously, it just about broke even, but wasn't a money spinner.....if we ended up playing in fron of 4000 people in the RDS, we'd lose money i would imagine.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Re: :: RDS for Scarlets and Ospreys? ::

Post by Duff Paddy »

Flash Gordon wrote:
Colm wrote:Just wondered what y'all may think of this ...

We'd all love that Colm, think the thing holding us back is rent to the RDS. We had to shell out 300K for using it previously, it just about broke even, but wasn't a money spinner.....if we ended up playing in fron of 4000 people in the RDS, we'd lose money i would imagine.
It might be worth losing the money if it ensures teh safety of our players ahead of the Toulouse game.
CM
Mullet

Post by CM »

It might be worth losing the money if it ensures teh safety of our players ahead of the Toulouse game.
That's not really an issue DP. What with those two games taking place after the Toulouse game!

I think it'd be a good idea but would probably only work financially if Leinster beat Toulouse setting up a feel good factor and an easy sell. Maybe they're waiting until then to decide.
Colm
Mullet

Post by Colm »

Well the main point is that I wanna shower abuse at that nonce Henson when he plays for the Ospreys. I'd prefer to be hurling objects onto a nice surface rather than a sand pit :D
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

CM wrote:
That's not really an issue DP. What with those two games taking place after the Toulouse game!

I think it'd be a good idea but would probably only work financially if Leinster beat Toulouse setting up a feel good factor and an easy sell. Maybe they're waiting until then to decide.
Well that's a good point, but you know what I mean. If it prevents an injury to a key player, then it will be worth the money to play in the RDS.
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

CM wrote:
Before the Perpignan semi final then :roll:
*** image removed by mod ***

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

Colm wrote:Well the main point is that I wanna shower abuse at that nonce Henson when he plays for the Ospreys. I'd prefer to be hurling objects onto a nice surface rather than a sand pit :D

I can't see him being too upset by "Are you Mark McHugh in disguise" though :lol: :lol:
A proud Winsome Fluter
Colm
Mullet

Post by Colm »

Grumpy Old Man wrote:I can't see him being too upset by "Are you Mark McHugh in disguise" though :lol: :lol:
Balls - "Are you Charlotte Church in disguise" :lol: