Peg Leg wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:Ali G? Has there been another rebirth
And that's just the ground floor Ali G
So he's literally "in the house"?
erskinechilders
Knowledgeable

Re: Sneak Peak - RDS Redevelopment Plans

Post by erskinechilders »

This will be at the South end of the Anglesea won't it? Is there anything, like that Glass walkway, going towards the north?
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

jezzer wrote:
Peg Leg wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:Ali G? Has there been another rebirth
And that's just the ground floor Ali G
So he's literally "in the house"?
:lol:
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
ribs
Mullet

Post by ribs »

why is there no door to get into (or out of) the Away changing room?
...a beautiful weighted pass...it is 3 on 2...it is 3 on 1...Hickie!...Magnificent!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

ribs wrote:why is there no door to get into (or out of) the Away changing room?
Shush, all part of the plan [WINKING FACE]
I have Bumbleflex
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

Shut-out victories to be the norm in the new RDS.
COYBIB
Enlightened

Post by COYBIB »

We're going to make sure opposition teams have to fight for everything in the RDS. Including oxegen in their bricked up death chamber.
jezzer wrote:He will never be the second coming of BOD, because the only thing their game shares is probably the appetite for work around the pitch. He'll hopefully be the first coming of Ringrose.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

COYBIB wrote:
We're going to make sure opposition teams have to fight for everything in the RDS. Including oxegen in their bricked up death chamber.
They put the lotion on the skin....
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Further to my communication with you last September, I just wanted to update you on the proposed redevelopment of the R.D.S. As you are aware, a planning application was submitted for the redevelopment of the Anglesea Stand, and as many of you know, the planning permission has been granted. The R.D.S. is currently in the process of securing funding and planning the demolition of the existing stand and the construction of the new stand. I will provide with you specific time lines once the R.D.S. has secured the necessary funding.
It is also envisaged that the R.D.S. will be submitting a planning application for a roof on the North and South Stands, and we hope this will be submitted before the end of February. Once again, thank you for your continued support of Leinster Rugby and the Senior Team in particular, and we look forward to what will hopefully be a home quarter final.
I will keep you informed of all developments in relation to the proposed redevelopment of the R.D.S. and I am delighted to say the R.D.S. is fully committed to improving the facilities for all over the coming years.
At this stage, there will be no changes to seating for Season 17/18.
Yours sincerely,
Mick Dawson
Chief Executive, Leinster Rugby
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

LeinsterLeader wrote:Further to my communication with you last September, I just wanted to update you on the proposed redevelopment of the R.D.S. As you are aware, a planning application was submitted for the redevelopment of the Anglesea Stand, and as many of you know, the planning permission has been granted. The R.D.S. is currently in the process of securing funding and planning the demolition of the existing stand and the construction of the new stand. I will provide with you specific time lines once the R.D.S. has secured the necessary funding.
It is also envisaged that the R.D.S. will be submitting a planning application for a roof on the North and South Stands, and we hope this will be submitted before the end of February. Once again, thank you for your continued support of Leinster Rugby and the Senior Team in particular, and we look forward to what will hopefully be a home quarter final.
I will keep you informed of all developments in relation to the proposed redevelopment of the R.D.S. and I am delighted to say the R.D.S. is fully committed to improving the facilities for all over the coming years.
Yours sincerely,
Mick Dawson
The roof is good but would they maybe pick up the pace a bit. This project has been rumbling for a couple of years already!!
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

A roof at both ends would make a great difference for families especially.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Flash Gordon wrote:
LeinsterLeader wrote:Further to my communication with you last September, I just wanted to update you on the proposed redevelopment of the R.D.S. As you are aware, a planning application was submitted for the redevelopment of the Anglesea Stand, and as many of you know, the planning permission has been granted. The R.D.S. is currently in the process of securing funding and planning the demolition of the existing stand and the construction of the new stand. I will provide with you specific time lines once the R.D.S. has secured the necessary funding.
Yours sincerely,
Mick Dawson
The roof is good but would they maybe pick up the pace a bit. This project has been rumbling for a couple of years already!!
Ah hang on, we can't just pull money out of thin air.............we're not Munster :D
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

That'd be a brilliant addition. Would certainly make me consider a ST in either end.

How would they manage it though for horse show? I presume it would be with existing 'scaffolding' style stands and a temp canvas style roof like is on Grand Stand?
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

I know the answer is probably somewhere in the thread, but too lazy to look.

What is Leinster Rugby's outlay for this development, and what do they receive in return?
Will they be joint owners, part owners etc?

Given how few times the stadium is filled at its current capacity, and the number of matches where only 10k-13k show up, is increasing the capacity a waste of money.
We have all seen how soulless TP can look when only 12K fans show up.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Yours sincerely,
Mick Dawson
"It's gonna be great"
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

munster#1 wrote:I know the answer is probably somewhere in the thread, but too lazy to look.

What is Leinster Rugby's outlay for this development, and what do they receive in return?

Given how few times the stadium is filled at its current capacity, and the number of matches where only 10k-13k show up, is increasing the capacity a waste of money.
Closing in the North and South ends would improve the acoustics and therefore the atmosphere in the ground, I would imagine.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Oldschool wrote:
munster#1 wrote:I know the answer is probably somewhere in the thread, but too lazy to look.

Closing in the North and South ends would improve the acoustics and therefore the atmosphere in the ground, I would imagine.
I would have thought improving the match day acoustics - i.e. capturing the sound of the crowd and raising the noise level - in order to increase the psychological pressure on visiting teams would be an important consideration of any renovation plan. It's no surprise Clermont are practically unbeatable at home, as their stadium is as close to a cauldron as one can get!!!
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

I don't think Leinster are paying anything for the redevelopment, although I do seem to recall a mention that they helped secure the stadium sponsor.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

cormac wrote:I don't think Leinster are paying anything for the redevelopment, although I do seem to recall a mention that they helped secure the stadium sponsor.
Is their lease being increased or extended to justify the redevelopment?
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

munster#1 wrote:
cormac wrote:I don't think Leinster are paying anything for the redevelopment, although I do seem to recall a mention that they helped secure the stadium sponsor.
Is their lease being increased or extended to justify the redevelopment?
why do you think this information would be in the public domain?
Look out Itchy, he's Irish