'Beach' games need to be reduced

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

glic
Knowledgeable

Post by glic »

Oscar wrote:Glic, the atmosphere before and after the match are just as important as during. Play the games in Morton, and you won't have any of the 3.
Obviously it's important. I was only taking the piss.
Oscar
Mullet

Post by Oscar »

No joke, glic, I take my drinking very seriously!
glic
Knowledgeable

Post by glic »

As do we all oscar.
Unless it's that Harp sh*te in which case I'd rather leave it :lol:
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

glic wrote:As do we all oscar.
You mean the number one tasting beer in non-branded tests? The beer that beats the cr@p out of Heineken, Stella etc?
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
T.C.B.
Seán Cronin

Post by T.C.B. »

Flash Gordon wrote:
You mean the number one tasting beer in non-branded tests? The beer that beats the cr@p out of Heineken, Stella etc?
Ah Janey FG! Change the frickin' record!!
:D
:wink:
"It's all fun and games 'till someone loses an eye, then it's just fun you can't see" - James Hetfield
glic
Knowledgeable

Post by glic »

Flash Gordon wrote:
My god that was a quick reply. quick as a flash *groans*
Are you a nordie FG? or have you been paid by the great north brewery to spread the harp gospel amongst leinster fans :)
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

ribs wrote:
Leinsterman wrote: Disagree on the money part. 2 people working one day each is the same as 1 person for 2 days. What should happen is to put 200 people working to remove them and it could be done. Instead what happens is a handful of people work on undoing the bolts, picking up the seats, carrying them to the truck, strolling back, have a chat, one person undoes the bolts as the rest look on (only one spanner between them) etc. etc. Trust me I saw this in operation when Croke Park was being demolished every day for 3 weeks. Took all of 3 weeks to clear one section! Sorry get p**hed off at people accepting this sort of situation

Uh, rrrrright, so a guy working from 7pm to 7am will get paid the same as someone who works 7am to 7pm? Not on your nelly. There would be a big overtime and night-time allowance to be paid. The FAI are too bloody scabby to pay that....
ribs
Mullet

Post by ribs »

Leinsterman wrote:
ribs wrote:
Leinsterman wrote: Disagree on the money part. 2 people working one day each is the same as 1 person for 2 days. What should happen is to put 200 people working to remove them and it could be done. Instead what happens is a handful of people work on undoing the bolts, picking up the seats, carrying them to the truck, strolling back, have a chat, one person undoes the bolts as the rest look on (only one spanner between them) etc. etc. Trust me I saw this in operation when Croke Park was being demolished every day for 3 weeks. Took all of 3 weeks to clear one section! Sorry get p**hed off at people accepting this sort of situation

Uh, rrrrright, so a guy working from 7pm to 7am will get paid the same as someone who works 7am to 7pm? Not on your nelly. There would be a big overtime and night-time allowance to be paid. The FAI are too bloody scabby to pay that....
My arguement is about why it takes so many days. In the current situation, they don't work nights. In my proposed scenario of doubling the number of people, they don't work nights either but they get the work done twice as fast. this can be repeated to 3x, 4x, 10x with the only limitations being the co-ordinating power of the site boss and the amount of room (plenty in a stadium).
Ever hear how quickly a cargo ship with expensive cars can be loaded/unloaded in say Singapore? Compare that with Dublin docks and you'll see just how long a ship sits there. Or closer to home, what happens on a building site when there is only 1 week to go?
You are correct, time is money, but time saved can be worth so much more than overtime etc.
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

Gotcha, I misinterpreted your post.
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

Jaysis, Ribs, houl' the horses there, me oul' segosha. Dose work practices have no place in a modren economy and dey belong over dere in de Far east where de're all workin' for a scabby bowl a rice a day.

Are ya suggestin' we labour like sweatshop navvies, with no due regard for healt and saf-ety, the EU Worktime Doirective or the roights of my colleagues to a fair days pay for a fair days work??? Whoile ye rugby heads are sippin' ye're feckin' martinis an flashin' ye're rolexes in the pub, we're supposed to be sweatin' in the darkness, puttin' ourselve in mortal danger??? Next ye'll be tellin' me tha' you don't need 35 men to put up one temporary stand...

You need to woise up, my friend and start livin' in the 21st century.... :wink:
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

glic wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:
My god that was a quick reply. quick as a flash *groans*
Are you a nordie FG? or have you been paid by the great north brewery to spread the harp gospel amongst leinster fans :)
Nope, not a Gringo.....actually I'm a Guinness drinker, but if I'm drinking lager I'd go for Harp if available, or failling that a pint of Probably.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
ribs
Mullet

Post by ribs »

jezzer wrote:Jaysis, Ribs, houl' the horses there, me oul' segosha. Dose work practices have no place in a modren economy and dey belong over dere in de Far east where de're all workin' for a scabby bowl a rice a day.

Are ya suggestin' we labour like sweatshop navvies, with no due regard for healt and saf-ety, the EU Worktime Doirective or the roights of my colleagues to a fair days pay for a fair days work??? Whoile ye rugby heads are sippin' ye're feckin' martinis an flashin' ye're rolexes in the pub, we're supposed to be sweatin' in the darkness, puttin' ourselve in mortal danger??? Next ye'll be tellin' me tha' you don't need 35 men to put up one temporary stand...

You need to woise up, my friend and start livin' in the 21st century.... :wink:
:D
You don't need 35 men to put up one temporary stand! :wink:
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

roigh'... Intimidation, tha' is...

Put ye're taycups down lads, we're out.