Jack McGrath

Post by bails »

Did I hear a rumour that Jack McGrath broke his collarbone on Saturday

Or was it a bad dream ?
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Re: Jack McGrath

Post by blockhead »

bails wrote:Did I hear a rumour that Jack McGrath broke his collarbone on Saturday

Or was it a bad dream ?
Thats the rumour alright. Went through the last 5 or so mins, including a scrum, with a broken collarbone! Some boy. Look at the footage as the final whistle is blown. Jack raises his left arm but is clearly injured on his right side. Is there any chance Healy will be cited for his block on Picamoles? No Healy or McGrath would be bad news for the QF.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
sunshiner
Bookworm

Post by sunshiner »

Fair play if he did. Healy and McGrath would be a worry but if it's just McGrath I would have faith in Bent as a replacement.
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Astonishing if this is true.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dave13
Bookworm

Post by dave13 »

looked fine in the celebrations
glenageary
Mullet

Post by glenageary »

I am sure we would of heard the facts by now if true! But it was Moore's side path at went around at the end so I think he was ok at the last scrum
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

no news so far ie good news on any healy citing
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Meanwhile, Leinster remain "very hopeful" that loosehead prop Jack McGrath won't be ruled out of next week's meeting with Munster after suffering a collarbone injury in the closing stages of Saturday's game. Luke Fitzgerald trained yesterday and it is planned that he'll face Zebre on Friday after he missed the Six Nations.

And Easterby reckons the Ireland star will be one of the contenders to succeed Brian O'Driscoll in the Blue No 13 jersey next season as Leinster look to promote from within. While they have taken a look at the market, the fact that next year is a World Cup year means the quality is thin on the ground.

"The one thing that you would want to do, if you were going to replace him, is to bring in an absolute top-class player because we've got top-class players who can replace him," Easterby added.

"They may not be Brian O'Driscoll yet. But, there are people within the environment who, we believe, can replace him."

Easterby reckons Fitzgerald, Fergus McFadden and Brendan Macken will battle it out for the jersey.

"As it stands at the moment, I would imagine that one of those three are going to be there in the mix next season," he added
From the Indo.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
glenageary
Mullet

Post by glenageary »

"very hopeful" of playing against Munster, does not sound like a broken collarbone, quite remarkable how there are no injuries after two fierce physical battles against Eng & France
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

glenageary wrote:"very hopeful" of playing against Munster, does not sound like a broken collarbone, quite remarkable how there are no injuries after two fierce physical battles against Eng & France
Ah but that's before we get into the never ending cycle of 'a week to soon' quotes from camp
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

Xanthippe wrote:
glenageary wrote:"very hopeful" of playing against Munster, does not sound like a broken collarbone, quite remarkable how there are no injuries after two fierce physical battles against Eng & France
Ah but that's before we get into the never ending cycle of 'a week to soon' quotes from camp
I'm just happy that Collie O'Shea is back close to fit.
[Jackass]
Seán Cronin

Post by [Jackass] »

'tis only a flesh wound
Pro12 Champions, Amlin Challenge Cup Champions, British & Irish Cup Champions
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

First rate portrait of Big Jack by photographer Ramsey Cardy for Sportsfile today:

http://www.sportsfile.com/id/1241258/