Post by simonokeeffe »

ah now, we'd have to release all our tightheads in that case
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Re: Leinster Rugby & women supporters

Post by Peg Leg »

simonokeeffe wrote:ah now, we'd have to release all our tightheads in that case
I think you're missing the nuanced nature of the Blockhead's post.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Peg Leg wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:ah now, we'd have to release all our tightheads in that case
I think you're missing the nuanced nature of the Blockhead's post.
it was that or post how test fit jerseys not great either for those of us with body piercings
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

huh huh huh tits.

So anyway, thats why women need a differently tailored replica jersey, their body shapes are different.
I have Bumbleflex
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

Dave Cahill wrote:huh huh huh tits.

So anyway, thats why women need a differently tailored replica jersey, their body shapes are different.
So are mens'.

Most replica jerseys on men don't fit them well either.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

Morf wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:huh huh huh tits.

So are mens'.

Most replica jerseys on men don't fit them well either.
Yes, but we still BELIEVE we look great in them, so that's the important thing... :)
Dont Panic!
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Did anyone ever see this new ladies gear?

I didn't, I tweeted LSS and got no response?.
Muriel
Seán Cronin

Post by Muriel »

The stuff that was supposed to be released in October? No sign of it on Twitter, on Lifestyle website or in the store in RDS.
When I pulled my hamstring, I went to a misogynist. - Brittany (Glee)
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Muriel wrote:The stuff that was supposed to be released in October? No sign of it on Twitter, on Lifestyle website or in the store in RDS.
Sadly not surprising.
TheBear
Enlightened

Post by TheBear »

sheepshagger wrote:
Muriel wrote:The stuff that was supposed to be released in October? No sign of it on Twitter, on Lifestyle website or in the store in RDS.
Sadly not surprising.
I asked at the store in the RDS, and they pointed me to their hoodie and their polo shirt. I asked if they had anything that wasn't pink, and they looked confused by the question.

I popped into the Donnybrook store on my way past one day, and though they had a couple of extra things (namely this and this), I was assured that there's a much wider range online, and they didn't have much stock in because the shop only reopened in September. (This was the last week in October, so that's a weak excuse.)

There is a wider range of stock online, but not for women. There are as many types of men's tracksuits than there are items for women. There are as many types of adult socks for sale as there are women's items that don't have pink in them.

I'll admit for purposes of the stock comparison above, I've omitted this item from the list, because WTF!?
Heavy words are so lightly thrown
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

If there's a market they're not tapping fully not only is it annoying for women supporters it's also commercially unsound.

As an aside, recent jerseys have been not only tight-fitting but with a rather unflattering general fit and, to compound matters, those horizontal lines (bright, in the current case) across the belly. Not very flattering..
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

My Girlfriend and I were over for the Castres game and stayed in Toulouse. We popped into the Official Toulouse Shop and found they'd an entire shop dedicated to Women and Children's gear. There was not a pink Jersey in sight. Any non club colour gear was either white or grey but the vast majority of the gear was in, amazingly enough, red and black :shock:

We took some photos and intend writing a letter to Leinster Rugby when she's less busy in work. It's not good enough.
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Cianostays wrote:My Girlfriend and I were over for the Castres game and stayed in Toulouse. We popped into the Official Toulouse Shop and found they'd an entire shop dedicated to Women and Children's gear. There was not a pink Jersey in sight. Any non club colour gear was either white or grey but the vast majority of the gear was in, amazingly enough, red and black :shock:

We took some photos and intend writing a letter to Leinster Rugby when she's less busy in work. It's not good enough.
The Toulouse set up has been like that for nearly a decade.

There's at least half a dozen clubs who have a women's range better than ours (some of which use CCC like us).
Muriel
Seán Cronin

Post by Muriel »

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but it's still annoying me...

This season, so far...

For women, the IRFU released two jerseys, a supporters jersey, a polo shirt, a tshirt and a hoodie. The Lions have released a jersey, a 'vapodry' jersey, a polo shirt, a tshirt and two hoodies. All very similar, if not exactly the same, as the men's.

Leinster have released nothing for women. Nothing. Not even something in pink. All I can find (on the Lifestyle sports site because they're supposed to be the official supplier) are from last season and they're all different to the men's designs.

They're all Canterbury.

This really annoys me.
When I pulled my hamstring, I went to a misogynist. - Brittany (Glee)
BlueWheels
Bookworm

Post by BlueWheels »

Shockingly poor selection alright..... and very bad marketing for this time of year, as they are missing the opportunity to cash in on the Christmas market.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

BlueWheels wrote:Shockingly poor selection alright..... and very bad marketing for this time of year, as they are missing the opportunity to cash in on the Christmas market.
A leinster styled negligee would solve a lot of Christmas present headaches too.
Perhaps an email to the powers that be advising them on possible marketing opportunities would be helpful.
Although a bit late for this vestive season, Valentines isn't too far away.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

Muriel wrote:Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but it's still annoying me...

This season, so far...

For women, the IRFU released two jerseys, a supporters jersey, a polo shirt, a tshirt and a hoodie. The Lions have released a jersey, a 'vapodry' jersey, a polo shirt, a tshirt and two hoodies. All very similar, if not exactly the same, as the men's.

Leinster have released nothing for women. Nothing. Not even something in pink. All I can find (on the Lifestyle sports site because they're supposed to be the official supplier) are from last season and they're all different to the men's designs.

They're all Canterbury.

This really annoys me.
I don't get Leinster's reluctance on this. Baffled :?
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Oldschool wrote:
BlueWheels wrote:Shockingly poor selection alright..... and very bad marketing for this time of year, as they are missing the opportunity to cash in on the Christmas market.
A leinster styled negligee would solve a lot of Christmas present headaches too.
Perhaps an email to the powers that be advising them on possible marketing opportunities would be helpful.
Typical Trump voter!
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

blockhead wrote:
Oldschool wrote:
Typical Trump voter!
I didn't vote for Trump so you got that wrong.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.