Leinster Rugby & women supporters

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Muriel
Seán Cronin

Leinster Rugby & women supporters

Post by Muriel »

I think this is an insult. Throw a bit of pink on it, the ladies will buy it.

But, why can't we (by we, I mean us girlies) have a proper selection of Leinster gear. We should get womens fit in everything - jerseys, hoodies, tracksuits, jackets. I'm sick of buying kids and small mens sizes. I want to be able to buy clothes that fit.

Instead we get a home and away jersey and some makie-up cr@p and we should be happy with that. There's no demand for anything else apparently.

Leinster Rugby want the crowd to wear blue. Look around (especially at the bigger games), the women are the people in blue, they have hair accessories, special match day make up, spend a fortune on blue jewelry from Claire's Accessories, they have blue wigs, pompoms, wings, special shoes, nail varnish. They even make their own clothes. Maybe they should get some 'official' clothes to add to the outfits too?
Leinster Rugby in the eZine wrote:Life Style Sports and Leinster Rugby Supporting Women in Rugby
Firstly, Life Style Sports would like to give a big shout out to the Ireland Women's team for their amazing performance in the Women's Rugby World Cup in France – reaching a semi-final is an incredible feat and we salute you.

In our ongoing support of rugby on and off the pitch we have just launched two new Leinster Women's supporters pieces in our Canterbury range which are EXCLUSIVE to Life Style Sports. The eye catching bright blue hoody with pink trim is a stylish addition to any wardrobe and the navy polo shirt with pink accent is a great wardrobe basic either on the stands or for weekend casual wear. Also new in for ladies is a long sleeve, collared cotton jersey.

Don't forget that you can order online at http://www.lifestylesports.com for next day delivery.

Life Style Sports delighted to continue to offer Leinster Season Ticket holders a 10% discount on all purchases at Life Style Sports (not just Leinster products) as part of our partnership. The offer is available in all 64 Life Style Sports stores nationwide and online. Just present your season ticket at the till.

Watch out for more Life Style Sports exclusives for Leinster Rugby supporters throughout the season.

Click here to access the Leinster Rugby store on LifeStyleSports.com.
When I pulled my hamstring, I went to a misogynist. - Brittany (Glee)
Amz
Mullet

Re: Leinster Rugby & women supporters

Post by Amz »

Someone on twitter pointed out to me that the particular shade is probably "Patrinising Pink", don't think he's too far wrong.

I'm lucky that I can fit in large boys, or small men's, but the fit is poor and it's frustrating.

As you say it's the women who make such a massive effort to wear blue as much as possible.

Maybe a campaign of getting all women at a particular game to wear mostly yellow, or something else that stands out (instead of blue) will show how much of a wasted opportunity this is.

As an aside, I see the baby-gros aren't available any more, just as I'm coming up to needing to buy one as a pressie!
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

The baby stuff missed mine also.

Apart from the Leo bear.
I'm glad I'm not alone in finding the conflation of pink and woman Leinster supporter a bit off. Times have changed. Lots of stuff I grew up considering to be outmoded and irrelevant has returned with a vengeance.

That said, I would have imagined that commercially if Leinster did not have a support base of women which warranted kit to fit, who does?
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

There must be a way of Leinster Rugby being able to show Lifestyle how many women season ticket holders there are. The whole arguement that there isn't the demand is a nonsense.

As an aside I can't stand the attitude of lashing on some pink to make supporters gear for girls/women :evil:
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
Hammerhead
Learner

Post by Hammerhead »

Hear hear! The I 'heart' Leinster t-shirts were a good fit. I don't know why they can't do a bigger range of those t-shirts. I'm not too keen on the Leinster women's rugby shirt. Would prefer slimmer fitting version of men's one.
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

If they're basing female demand on these items then surely they're not going to get a representative sample as based on the women I follow / know on Facebook, here and twitter, none of them will buy these.

I think the 'wear yellow' idea is a good one.
Get in the f%~king bag.
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

Slipper1 wrote:If they're basing female demand on these items then surely they're not going to get a representative sample as based on the women I follow / know on Facebook, here and twitter, none of them will buy these.

I think the 'wear yellow' idea is a good one.

I think the wear yellow is a superb idea - Mrs Mikey like most other female Leinster fans finds the lack of proper womens clothes a continual annoyance. Commercially Leinster and Lifestyle are missing a big trick.....its time to show them how big a mistake it is.
mtleinster
Enlightened

Post by mtleinster »

Without have a sting opinion either way, what is wrong with wearing a test jersey? They are fitted, they show how dedicated you are, and frankly they look fantastic.

I've always been a bit sceptical that woman actually like the 3/4 arm vneck woman jerseys.

but hey what do i know, im just a mountain
Les chances que Sexton vienne en France sont infimes
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

mtleinster wrote:Without have a sting opinion either way, what is wrong with wearing a test jersey? They are fitted, they show how dedicated you are, and frankly they look fantastic.

I've always been a bit sceptical that woman actually like the 3/4 arm vneck woman jerseys.

test jersey not great when its not warm and sunny, hard to wear anything under it too
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

mtleinster wrote:Without have a sting opinion either way, what is wrong with wearing a test jersey? They are fitted, they show how dedicated you are, and frankly they look fantastic.

They're fitted to mens bodies. There are a number of significant differences between the male and female body.

They're also 120 euro.
I have Bumbleflex
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

Dave Cahill wrote:

They're fitted to mens bodies. There are a number of significant differences between the male and female body.

They're also 120 euro.
They're not hugely suited to be worn for long periods either.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

What's your definition of long?
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Amz wrote:
As an aside, I see the baby-gros aren't available any more, just as I'm coming up to needing to buy one as a pressie!
Did you try Active Sports in Blackrock for the babygros? I think these were one of their own product ideas.
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Amz
Mullet

Post by Amz »

Oh super, I wasn't sure. I don't need one yet, so not sure if I'll need pink or blue, but I'll give them a buzz nearer the time!
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Xanthippe wrote:
Amz wrote:
Did you try Active Sports in Blackrock for the babygros? I think these were one of their own product ideas.
They were but as far as I know that stock moved to LSS when they took over (worth giving them a shout though just in case, they give the 10% ST discount).
Muriel
Seán Cronin

Post by Muriel »

Why don't we wear yellow at the Scarlets game so?
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

Does my cape count :wink:
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
Muriel
Seán Cronin

Post by Muriel »

Your cape counts in many different ways ;-)
Muriel
Seán Cronin

Post by Muriel »

Is anyone up for this? How would you suggest we go about it?
Amz
Mullet

Post by Amz »

Think we'd need to get a big social media thing going for it.

Try get a few players to retweet stuff, that'll particularly work on the younger female supporters.