Ospreys V Leinster Fri 27th Feb

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Re: Ospreys V Leinster Fri 27th Feb

Post by johng »

We just need to stagger through another week and we should have the like of Fitzer, Moore, Reddan, Cronin, and perhaps healy and madigan to help us.

Then we are full strength for the rest of the season barring injury. Let's see where that gets us.
All Blacks nil
Mullet

Post by All Blacks nil »

matt wrote:All Blacks Nil why do you bother posting on this site when all you want to do is get our players cited & generally troll under the guise of being objective. Would you say the same things about the turnips?
I don't want to get any player cited. Incidentally, I don't think what I write here will influence the disciplinary process.
What I do want to do is help people realise that a forearm smash is foul play even if your own player commits the offence.

And yes I have said the same thing about previous incidents involving Munster and Irish players.

This time last week plenty of posters on here wanted Bastereaud sanctioned for clashing heads with Johnny. If you care to examine that thread you will see that I called the incidents for what they were, two players (both had one similar tackle each) looking to tackle high and accidentally clashing heads.

Personally I don't want to see the forearm smash normalised or legalised, as last night indicated the damage it can cause.
Andrew097
Bookworm

Post by Andrew097 »

Right at the end of the game was a small indicator of how poor the coaching is. We had just drawn level rather then go for a win with a touch and line out. Then McGrath kicks a box kick after the restart to just outside the 22. There is a min on the clock and you hand possion to the Os to give them one last chance to win. Dumb to hand the ball away like that, not the first time we have seen decisions like this, so obviously the coach approves or coaches them. Of course the third idea is he never even sees things like that.
slit my wrists and its blue blood.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

All Blacks nil wrote: This time last week plenty of posters on here wanted Bastereaud sanctioned for clashing heads with Johnny. If you care to examine that thread you will see that I called the incidents for what they were, two players (both had one similar tackle each) looking to tackle high and accidentally clashing heads.
Hmm. "Plenty of posters" calling for Bastareaud to be sanctioned? I didn't remember that, so I looked at the thread [source: http://forum.leinsterfans.com/viewtopic ... &start=140 ] and it turns out that you're something of an unreliable narrator. Who knew? etc.

There are only three comments on it at all [one of which is yours, thus indicating that we're referring to the same thread], and the only one that is in any way condemnatory reads:

"Thought Basteraud's 2 heads into Johnnys face were a bit questionable although I'd like to see the replay to be sure."

That's one poster asking to see a replay ... over the course of two weeks it has somehow become "plenty of posters ... wanted Bastareaud sanctioned"? You really only have yourself to blame when it comes to people questioning your motives and/or taking your posts with a large pinch of salt.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

hugonaut wrote:
All Blacks nil wrote: This time last week plenty of posters on here wanted Bastereaud sanctioned for clashing heads with Johnny. If you care to examine that thread you will see that I called the incidents for what they were, two players (both had one similar tackle each) looking to tackle high and accidentally clashing heads.
Hmm. "Plenty of posters" calling for Bastareaud to be sanctioned? I didn't remember that, so I looked at the thread [source: http://forum.leinsterfans.com/viewtopic ... &start=140 ] and it turns out that you're something of an unreliable narrator. Who knew? etc.

There are only three comments on it at all [one of which is yours, thus indicating that we're referring to the same thread], and the only one that is in any way condemnatory reads:

"Thought Basteraud's 2 heads into Johnnys face were a bit questionable although I'd like to see the replay to be sure."

That's one poster asking to see a replay ... over the course of two weeks it has somehow become "plenty of posters ... wanted Bastareaud sanctioned"? You really only have yourself to blame when it comes to people questioning your motives and/or taking your posts with a large pinch of salt.
It pains me to admit it but I've very attracted towards ABN!!

Yeah, I know, but he/she's just goddamn desperate!!

Just my type!! 8)
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

I didn't see the Te'o fend in question but I have seen plenty of others and there is no question that the way he leads with his forearm is unorthodox at best. At some point, he will be pulled up on it...unless he is told to stop.
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

Didn't bother watching it. Watched the U20s instead. Sounds like a good call. Will use up my season ticket this year but almost every game just pisses me off. One of Europe's most talented rosters of players being wasted.
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

poor game, considering the back line you had out you should really have made more of the ball you had.

I thought we were going to hang on at the end but couldn't really complain about the result.

a few years back we had the best scrum in the pro 12 and you had the best attack, things have really changed these says and sadly not for the better :( :(
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Just on Lacey and Boss.

There were two scrums near the end of the game. He penalised us for driving up and in. The very next scrum the O's loosehead drove up and in and he penalised us for standing up. Boss tried to talk to him but he waved him away in a very ignorant manner. He needs to work on this aspect of his game.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

the spoofer wrote:Just on Lacey and Boss.

There were two scrums near the end of the game. He penalised us for driving up and in. The very next scrum the O's loosehead drove up and in and he penalised us for standing up. Boss tried to talk to him but he waved him away in a very ignorant manner. He needs to work on this aspect of his game.
There was one particular scum close to their line that collapsed and he just f%~king blew it up. He had to check himself to think of a reason for too.
Should have been a reset IMO
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Is there not a 50 hour citing window from the end of a match?

Read today that Luke Marshall, Roger Wilson and Ben Te'o were cited for incidents during Friday's games
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Xanthippe wrote:Is there not a 50 hour citing window from the end of a match?

Read today that Luke Marshall, Roger Wilson and Ben Te'o were cited for incidents during Friday's games
delay of news/press release due to 6nations?

anyone got a clip of Teo incident?
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Was only a matter of time before Te'o got sanctioned in some way.
There is no doubt the way he leads with the forearm is dubious.
The only surprise is that his coaches haven't told him to stop.
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Post by AdamK »

JB1973 wrote:poor game, considering the back line you had out you should really have made more of the ball you had.

I thought we were going to hang on at the end but couldn't really complain about the result.

a few years back we had the best scrum in the pro 12 and you had the best attack, things have really changed these says and sadly not for the better :( :(
Yeah, its something we've been dealing with for some time now... Although I did feel we attacked well, but struggled to build pressure due to constant knock ons (more often than not from the pack).
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Donny B. wrote:We've become a team who doesn't actually want the ball, mainly because we know we can't use it.

So we kick it, or go through a few slow phases and then kick it, or go through a few more slow phases and then hope and pray the referee will give us a penalty and then we can kick it, the only difference being this time it will be at the posts and we might get a few points.

When we can't kick it, we just go endlessly up the middle with one-out runners, phase after phase, each one slower than the last until we knock it on or the referee shows mercy by giving a penalty for or (more likely) against us.

This is our game plan, get used to it people!

Credit to the Ospreys tonight, they made countless errors but they were the only ones even attempting to play rugby with any pace or ambition and frankly they deserved to win.
27TH FEBRUARY 2015

Just posting this epic quote from Donny from almost exactly a year ago.

In case anybody on here doesnt recognise it, this what progress looks like. (We drew the game against Ospreys to stay in 5th place).
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Ruckedtobits wrote:
Donny B. wrote:We've become a team who doesn't actually want the ball, mainly because we know we can't use it.

So we kick it, or go through a few slow phases and then kick it, or go through a few more slow phases and then hope and pray the referee will give us a penalty and then we can kick it, the only difference being this time it will be at the posts and we might get a few points.

When we can't kick it, we just go endlessly up the middle with one-out runners, phase after phase, each one slower than the last until we knock it on or the referee shows mercy by giving a penalty for or (more likely) against us.

This is our game plan, get used to it people!

Credit to the Ospreys tonight, they made countless errors but they were the only ones even attempting to play rugby with any pace or ambition and frankly they deserved to win.
27TH FEBRUARY 2015

Just posting this epic quote from Donny from almost exactly a year ago.

In case anybody on here doesnt recognise it, this what progress looks like. (We drew the game against Ospreys to stay in 5th place).
I was getting confused about why I was saying that about Saturday's match. :?