Matts gone

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Re: Matts gone

Postby simonokeeffe » May 27th, 2015, 6:37 pm

couple of quotes from Reddan in The Examiner

The culture needs to be strong enough to take those ups and downs of players in and out

We’re going to need to give more to the guy coming in than we gave to Matt this year
When he spreads his legs like that youd need dynamite or the Highland Light Infantry to shift him.
User avatar
simonokeeffe
Leo Cullen
 
Posts: 16080
Joined: July 21st, 2011, 3:04 am
Location: Dublin

Re: Matts gone

Postby neiliog93 » May 27th, 2015, 6:40 pm

It's Nucifora's call, not Schmidt's.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
User avatar
neiliog93
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3148
Joined: April 12th, 2008, 11:42 am

Re: Matts gone

Postby leinster4life13 » May 27th, 2015, 11:36 pm

artaneboy wrote:
Raydollard wrote:Stop the excuses and blaming the players. O'Connor takes full responsibility. He could not manage the team and did not have the qualities required of a good manager. He was hopeless and fully deserved to get the boot.

Utter rubbish. All involved take some of the responsibility. As has been pointed out recently, it wasn't Matt out throwing that risky pass for Toulon interception try. That cost us a final place- and possibly given Clermont's now proven tendency to choke, a ERCC win. Your guy, Ian Madigan- threw that pass. Was MOC wrong to pick him for that game?

There's plenty of blame to go round for all involved- from Mick Dawson down to the rawest squad member that was involved. Matt takes his share- but to try and say he was the only cause of us failing to perform is the type of delusional scape-goating that this thread has descended into. Matt O'Connor made mistakes- but the evidence is there from Joe's last season that the bloom had faded on our great team and their era.

LOL, so it wasnt our cancerous back play? Our inability to score a try in open play? Our aimless kicking? It was a single play in a full match and extra time, yeah :roll: . Mads nearly won us the game playing from 12 with pure shite inside him at 9 and ten and bobo in the stands directing, get out of here with that "we nearly won the cup if not for one pass", we couldnt beat a Toulon having a very bad day, Clermont would have battered us, we didnt and haven't performed all season, its just sometimes we are lucky and teams come down to our level giving us a brawlers chance.
The Harry Vermass fanclub

Heroes: David Knox, Carlos Spencer, Marc Lieveremont, Ian Madigan.

Villains: Kidney, O'Gara, Phillpe St Andre, Laporte, Cork Con Mafia,Matt O'Connor.
User avatar
leinster4life13
Mullet
 
Posts: 1274
Joined: May 5th, 2009, 7:29 pm
Location: Salivating over a Carlos Spencer highlight reel

Re: Matts gone

Postby artaneboy » May 28th, 2015, 2:16 pm

leinster4life13 wrote:
artaneboy wrote:
Raydollard wrote:Stop the excuses and blaming the players. O'Connor takes full responsibility. He could not manage the team and did not have the qualities required of a good manager. He was hopeless and fully deserved to get the boot.

Utter rubbish. All involved take some of the responsibility. As has been pointed out recently, it wasn't Matt out throwing that risky pass for Toulon interception try. That cost us a final place- and possibly given Clermont's now proven tendency to choke, a ERCC win. Your guy, Ian Madigan- threw that pass. Was MOC wrong to pick him for that game?

There's plenty of blame to go round for all involved- from Mick Dawson down to the rawest squad member that was involved. Matt takes his share- but to try and say he was the only cause of us failing to perform is the type of delusional scape-goating that this thread has descended into. Matt O'Connor made mistakes- but the evidence is there from Joe's last season that the bloom had faded on our great team and their era.

LOL, so it wasnt our cancerous back play? Our inability to score a try in open play? Our aimless kicking? It was a single play in a full match and extra time, yeah :roll: . Mads nearly won us the game playing from 12 with pure shite inside him at 9 and ten and bobo in the stands directing, get out of here with that "we nearly won the cup if not for one pass", we couldnt beat a Toulon having a very bad day, Clermont would have battered us, we didnt and haven't performed all season, its just sometimes we are lucky and teams come down to our level giving us a brawlers chance.

Do you think that Matt coached 'aimless kicking, etc? I'll take that contribution as an implicit admission that it was more than the coach's fault for our poor form.

And, yeah- it's really terrible that we lost in extra time (as a result of a shocking mistake) away from home to the three-times champions of Europe! Face it- it's really inconvenient that our chance to make final was finished by the player you canonised as the neglected saviour. In fairness to Ian- he never gives that impression and accepts his role and responsibility.
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
User avatar
artaneboy
Girvan Dempsey
 
Posts: 2564
Joined: January 25th, 2011, 8:46 pm

Re: Matts gone

Postby goreyguy » May 28th, 2015, 3:43 pm

Leinster average pro 12 attendance down around 10% this season from 19,649 to 17,675.
Last edited by goreyguy on May 28th, 2015, 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
goreyguy
Brian O'Driscoll
 
Posts: 5851
Joined: November 26th, 2012, 9:09 pm

Re: Matts gone

Postby the spoofer » May 28th, 2015, 3:55 pm

goreyguy wrote:Leinster average attendance down around 10% this season from 19,649 to 17,675.


That's 1974 per game or 29,610 over the season. At an average of €20 per ticket (conservative) that equates to €592,000. That's about 300,000 reasons for Matt's departure.
User avatar
the spoofer
Girvan Dempsey
 
Posts: 2125
Joined: February 17th, 2006, 6:35 pm
Location: Leinster West

Re: Matts gone

Postby offshorerules » May 28th, 2015, 3:57 pm

No real surprise there I suppose. In fact it's nice to know that there aren't that many band wagoners unlike down south.
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
User avatar
offshorerules
Girvan Dempsey
 
Posts: 2113
Joined: October 19th, 2012, 1:51 pm
Location: The Beverly Hills of South County Dublin

Re: Matts gone

Postby goreyguy » May 28th, 2015, 3:59 pm

offshorerules wrote:No real surprise there I suppose. In fact it's nice to know that there aren't that many band wagoners unlike down south.


if Leinster didn't win anything for aslong as Munster haven't I wouldn't be so certain about the attendances holding up.
goreyguy
Brian O'Driscoll
 
Posts: 5851
Joined: November 26th, 2012, 9:09 pm

Re: Matts gone

Postby Dave Cahill » May 28th, 2015, 4:02 pm

goreyguy wrote:Leinster average pro 12 attendance down around 10% this season from 19,649 to 17,675.


I notice you had to do a quick edit there to make the facts fit your agenda
I have Bumbleflex
User avatar
Dave Cahill
Gordon D'Arcy
 
Posts: 20560
Joined: January 24th, 2006, 4:32 pm
Location: None of your damn business

Re: Matts gone

Postby goreyguy » May 28th, 2015, 4:05 pm

Dave Cahill wrote:
goreyguy wrote:Leinster average pro 12 attendance down around 10% this season from 19,649 to 17,675.


I notice you had to do a quick edit there to make the facts fit your agenda


agenda :lol:

was just clarifying that I was talking about the pro 12 attendances.
goreyguy
Brian O'Driscoll
 
Posts: 5851
Joined: November 26th, 2012, 9:09 pm

Re: Matts gone

Postby Dave Cahill » May 28th, 2015, 4:10 pm

goreyguy wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:
goreyguy wrote:Leinster average pro 12 attendance down around 10% this season from 19,649 to 17,675.


I notice you had to do a quick edit there to make the facts fit your agenda


agenda :lol:

was just clarifying that I was talking about the pro 12 attendances.



Of course you were
I have Bumbleflex
User avatar
Dave Cahill
Gordon D'Arcy
 
Posts: 20560
Joined: January 24th, 2006, 4:32 pm
Location: None of your damn business

Re: Matts gone

Postby goreyguy » May 28th, 2015, 4:13 pm

in europe in the group stages we averaged 28,137 last season and this season we averaged 24,692.
goreyguy
Brian O'Driscoll
 
Posts: 5851
Joined: November 26th, 2012, 9:09 pm

Re: Matts gone

Postby Dave Cahill » May 28th, 2015, 4:14 pm

goreyguy wrote:in europe in the group stages we averaged 28,137 last season and this season we averaged 24,692.


Better get that proviso in there otherwise the figures would be competely different
I have Bumbleflex
User avatar
Dave Cahill
Gordon D'Arcy
 
Posts: 20560
Joined: January 24th, 2006, 4:32 pm
Location: None of your damn business

Re: Matts gone

Postby goreyguy » May 28th, 2015, 4:19 pm

Dave Cahill wrote:
goreyguy wrote:in europe in the group stages we averaged 28,137 last season and this season we averaged 24,692.


Better get that proviso in there otherwise the figures would be competely different


just stating facts, just like a month ago when you stated that Matt O'Connor was going to leinster's coach next season because he had gotten Leinster a home qf in europe and that everyone who wanted him gone had to deal with "the reality of the situation"

also i'd love to know what agenda i'm pushing? the agenda that attendances dropped this season? I think that's been clear to everyone and hardly an agenda.

leinster still have the best average attendance in the pro 12, but it has dropped this season both in europe and in the pro 12.
goreyguy
Brian O'Driscoll
 
Posts: 5851
Joined: November 26th, 2012, 9:09 pm

Re: Matts gone

Postby Dave Cahill » May 28th, 2015, 4:29 pm

goreyguy wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:
goreyguy wrote:in europe in the group stages we averaged 28,137 last season and this season we averaged 24,692.


Better get that proviso in there otherwise the figures would be competely different


just stating facts, just like a month ago when you stated that Matt O'Connor was going to leinster's coach next season because he had gotten Leinster a home quarterfinal in europe and that everyone who wanted him gone had to deal with "the reality of the situation"


And a month ago he was going to be Leinsters head coach next season. You are aware that something happening in the future doesn't actually change the past. This isn't Doctor Who

Good to see Leinsters average home attendence being up for the season though, we're going to need the money after the way the Union have screwed Leinster over RWC compensation.
I have Bumbleflex
User avatar
Dave Cahill
Gordon D'Arcy
 
Posts: 20560
Joined: January 24th, 2006, 4:32 pm
Location: None of your damn business

Re: Matts gone

Postby the spoofer » May 28th, 2015, 4:36 pm

goreyguy wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:
goreyguy wrote:in europe in the group stages we averaged 28,137 last season and this season we averaged 24,692.


Better get that proviso in there otherwise the figures would be competely different


just stating facts, just like a month ago when you stated that Matt O'Connor was going to leinster's coach next season because he had gotten Leinster a home quarterfinal in europe and that everyone who wanted him gone had to deal with "the reality of the situation"


And a month ago he was going to be Leinsters head coach next season. You are aware that something happening in the future doesn't actually change the past. This isn't Doctor Who

Good to see Leinsters average home attendence being up for the season though, we're going to need the money after the way the Union have screwed Leinster over RWC compensation.[/quote]

We wouldn't be so screwed if Matt O'Connor hadn't made Leinster unwatchable. I had fully decided not to renew my season ticket but changed my mind last Friday. Guess why? And Dave, when it comes to accusing people of having agenda's, you might want to take the log out of your own eye first.
User avatar
the spoofer
Girvan Dempsey
 
Posts: 2125
Joined: February 17th, 2006, 6:35 pm
Location: Leinster West

Re: Matts gone

Postby Dave Cahill » May 28th, 2015, 4:41 pm

the spoofer wrote:[

We wouldn't be so screwed if Matt O'Connor hadn't made Leinster unwatchable. I had fully decided not to renew my season ticket but changed my mind last Friday. Guess why? And Dave, when it comes to accusing people of having agenda's, you might want to take the log out of your own eye first.


Yeah, you appear to be answering an entirely different point. How does Matt making Leinster unwatchable mean we have more players going to the World Cup???
I have Bumbleflex
User avatar
Dave Cahill
Gordon D'Arcy
 
Posts: 20560
Joined: January 24th, 2006, 4:32 pm
Location: None of your damn business

Re: Matts gone

Postby the spoofer » May 28th, 2015, 4:46 pm

Dave Cahill wrote:
the spoofer wrote:[

We wouldn't be so screwed if Matt O'Connor hadn't made Leinster unwatchable. I had fully decided not to renew my season ticket but changed my mind last Friday. Guess why? And Dave, when it comes to accusing people of having agenda's, you might want to take the log out of your own eye first.


Yeah, you appear to be answering an entirely different point. How does Matt making Leinster unwatchable mean we have more players going to the World Cup???


You state that we are going to need the money after the way IRFU have screwed Leinster. I meant that we wouldn't be as badly affected in MOC hadn't destroyed the "walk up" market for Leinster by making them unwatchable. Capiche?
User avatar
the spoofer
Girvan Dempsey
 
Posts: 2125
Joined: February 17th, 2006, 6:35 pm
Location: Leinster West

Re: Matts gone

Postby goreyguy » May 28th, 2015, 4:52 pm

Dave Cahill wrote:
And a month ago he was going to be Leinsters head coach next season. You are aware that something happening in the future doesn't actually change the past. This isn't Doctor Who

Good to see Leinsters average home attendence being up for the season though, we're going to need the money after the way the Union have screwed Leinster over RWC compensation.


So you were wrong?

and again of the games we are certain to have again next season - the pro 12 home games and european group home games our attendance was down this season, on average 1,974 in the pro 12 home games and 3,445 in europe.

this seasons home qf in europe covers up the drop in attendance figures as it's an extra high attendance game in the aviva we didn't have the season before.
goreyguy
Brian O'Driscoll
 
Posts: 5851
Joined: November 26th, 2012, 9:09 pm

Re: Matts gone

Postby Dave Cahill » May 28th, 2015, 5:05 pm

goreyguy wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:
And a month ago he was going to be Leinsters head coach next season. You are aware that something happening in the future doesn't actually change the past. This isn't Doctor Who

Good to see Leinsters average home attendence being up for the season though, we're going to need the money after the way the Union have screwed Leinster over RWC compensation.


So you were wrong?

and again of the games we are certain to have again next season - the pro 12 home games and european group home games our attendance was down this season, on average 1,974 in the pro 12 home games and 3,445 in europe.

this seasons home qf in europe covers up the drop in attendance figures as it's an extra high attendance game in the aviva we didn't have the season before.


We did better in one competition than another, than almost never happens apart from pretty much always.

At the end of the day, despite what was ultimately an unsuccessful season and some of the bandwagoners falling off the cart (good luck on saturday lads) our attendance numbers held steady and our season ticket sales held steady.

Matt can be blamed for many things, but Leinsters financial position (whatever it may be, negative or positive) is not one of them.

I'm not happy about how Leinster Rugby did away from the pitch last season as it happens - but I know who to blame for that and its not the Head Coach. Neither Matt nor Joe took much interest in the business side of things unless it directly impacted on the squad.
I have Bumbleflex
User avatar
Dave Cahill
Gordon D'Arcy
 
Posts: 20560
Joined: January 24th, 2006, 4:32 pm
Location: None of your damn business

PreviousNext

Return to Leinster Addicts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests