moc

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

carlow man
Enlightened

moc

Post by carlow man »

Just read the moc interview in irish times, he gives his backing to Leo if he is appointed head coach full time. Talked about the expectation at leinster and how hard it is to deliver on it. One thing that stood out was him saying that leinster fans need to be more realistic about what is acceptable and not what is realistic. I think what leinster fans accept is the team to play the game the way we would like them to, i.e running rugby. In reality we were treated to kick and chase. No one expects the team to win something every year but what we would like to see is a team that wants to entertain and play heads up attacking rugby. That's the expectation when u watch leinster, to be entertained but accept that u can't win every game.
Seems like he still doesn't understand what leinster fans found acceptable and what wasn't.
ChrisUppy
Graduate

Re: moc

Post by ChrisUppy »

Oh cool, another thread about MOC. This should be fresh and interesting.

At least this one can't be derailed into being about MOC.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Listened to him earlier on game on. At least he stayed classy, and rested the temptation to stick the knife in unlike knoxy.
Raydollard
Graduate

Post by Raydollard »

Just confirmed his lack of judgement and cop on by suggesting Leo as head coach.
cwebber82
Knowledgeable

Post by cwebber82 »

Raydollard wrote:Just confirmed his lack of judgement and cop on by suggesting Leo as head coach.
Kiss of death from MOC. Whatever small chance Leo had of getting the top job on a permanent basis just went up in smoke.
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

IT HAS ALL BEEN SAID BEFORE.

STOP
ChrisUppy
Graduate

Post by ChrisUppy »

Love of christ lads. Yous must have raging hard-ons for talking about MOC. He's gone! there are already multiple threads to talk shite about him on.

Don't make me start a twitter campaign to have yous removed.
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

Stop replying then. Other people can still talk about it.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

“You can’t win every year. That’s the reality of it. No-one wins every year and I think the Leinster fans, as fantastic as they have been, need to have a little bit more clarity in relation to what is acceptable and what is realistic.”

The day losing twice to the Dragons is acceptable and realistic is the day Leinster may pack it in.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

ChrisUppy wrote:Love of christ lads. Yous must have raging hard-ons for talking about MOC. He's gone! there are already multiple threads to talk shite about him on.

Don't make me start a twitter campaign to have yous removed.
I've love nothing more than to forget about the man and his tenure entirely, but if he still insists on peddling his bullshite to the media then you will have a reaction to it.
ChrisUppy
Graduate

Post by ChrisUppy »

Oh lads listen to this I've got a really interesting take on this. I think MOC was a bad coach and the team underperformed while he was here, amirite? or amirite?
ChrisUppy
Graduate

Post by ChrisUppy »

Raydollard wrote:Just confirmed his lack of judgement and cop on by suggesting Leo as head coach.
Iknowrite? he was like, soooo bad
ChrisUppy
Graduate

Post by ChrisUppy »

carlow man wrote:Stop replying then. Other people can still talk about it.
Nah, I've changed my mind. I'm just gonna spend all my time on this board talking about how bad he was. Which he was. He was so bad
ChrisUppy
Graduate

Post by ChrisUppy »

Logorrhea wrote:IT HAS ALL BEEN SAID BEFORE.

STOP
No way man! you'll never silence us! he was soooo bad
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

As someone who thought the criticism was way OTT, he's talking nonsense there. Personally all I wanted was some competent performances.
gleesonisgod
Mullet

Post by gleesonisgod »

Fans aren't entitled to see their team playing running rugby. Leinster spent a long time playing running rugby and failing in Europe. You are entitled however to see structure and progression so on those grounds he failed.
I like to think of Jesus like with giant eagles wings, and singin' lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row and I'm hammered drunk!
Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

"The expectations for anyone coming in would be high. I don't think it's unreasonable for people to have expected for Leinster to get to the cup semi-finals and get to the play-offs domestically given the resources at their disposal. I don't think that's an unreasonable or unrealistic expectation."

Disco in the Indo
Summer is ready when you are

leinster4life13
Mullet

Post by leinster4life13 »

johng wrote:Listened to him earlier on game on. At least he stayed classy, and rested the temptation to stick the knife in unlike knoxy.
Difference is, Knox was right in everything he said, the Irish Rugby Industrial Complex didnt like being told the emperor has no clothes(and still don't to an extent), he was right to stick the knife in, ROG was a bottler at international level, Kidney was an idiot, yet the talk in Ireland was that both were world class.
The Harry Vermass fanclub

Heroes: David Knox, Carlos Spencer, Marc Lieveremont, Ian Madigan.

Villains: Kidney, O'Gara, Phillpe St Andre, Laporte, Cork Con Mafia,Matt O'Connor.
cwebber82
Knowledgeable

Post by cwebber82 »

leinster4life13 wrote:
johng wrote:Listened to him earlier on game on. At least he stayed classy, and rested the temptation to stick the knife in unlike knoxy.
Difference is, Knox was right in everything he said, the Irish Rugby Industrial Complex didnt like being told the emperor has no clothes(and still don't to an extent), he was right to stick the knife in, ROG was a bottler at international level, Kidney was an idiot, yet the talk in Ireland was that both were world class.
How can u say "ROG was a bottler at international level"? That is just not true.

What u say about Kidney on the other hand..
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

leinster4life13 wrote:
I think what you mean is that his views happened to coincide with yours. Anyway.... The point is that MOC took it like a man and left without whinging.